GTP_WRS-Online Event 11: Sweeping Willow

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 127 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
From my perspective...
Completely fluffed my qualifying! Spun on the last corner and entered the pits backwards. Great start! :D
Then in the race, after @PASM heroically manhandled the lobby to fit, I spun another 4 times. Twice on the rabbit's ear and twice on the exit of omega.
Had a great little battle with @Fastas who gave me the place on the line although he well deserved the position. I did give him a few 'unplanned speed boosts' and now his boot won't open but made sure I didn't take advantage. Great fun but I really wasn't in the zone last night. Sorry if I fluffed anyone's laps.
Great banter in the chat, too. Must get discord! Then you can all hear me puttering to myself as I dig my way out of a bunker!

Having tripped up @Renrag39 on his quali with a shameful track re-entry and was the cause of his unorthodox entry to the pit. I then had a fairly uneventful race until having a sympathetic off with @quentin1974 on turn one where I half gained control then lost it completely and took @GTP_Nail out. So sorry Andy & Ned :embarrassed:

Great race though and some awesome efforts being put in by @PASM to try and address the flakiness of the lobbies that ultimately led to us losing @Bass Addict and @nico4711 too. :(

Last edited:
Recap of my race:

I knew I had to fuel save to make the 2 stop work. But I could not take it easy because I had @Ph1sh breathing down my neck. Made a tiny error somewhere and Jordan got a run on me. I defended the inside, staying as low as possible. I guess there was a bit of contact, maybe a bit of lag, because I didn't notice it. Sad to see Jordan go off, but I continued.

When I reached lap 14 with a lap of fuel left, I knew I was good for the rest of the race. I rejoined from the pits behind @monoha. I though, a fast Dane in a Corvette, where have I seen that before? :D I decided to follow for a while and emphasize the fuel saving. As the car got lighter I got a bit closer and decided to go all out and try to pass. While doing so I drove my fastest lap. We had a good battle going side by side for 3 corners and I managed to sneak ahead on the outside.

After my second and last stop I wanted to bring it home. I could not drive the final corner right anymore and decided to take less risk. Although I put 2 wheels in the grass in the final lap, I got the win :) Good racing everyone :cheers:

it might be a good idea for a driver who goes off in a dice to say “no problem “ or “racing incident “ or “ contact” . Its really hard to determine but if “contact” causes the off concession is needed. Of course if you are not in the same chat how could you know. This brings up the only 8 in the chat problem. I suggest we, as an group decide which group chat to use and get on with it. AJ is utilizing DISCORD for the upcomming endurance series. The app is free and each of us would need a ear bud/mike set wich would be worn under the headset we use for GTS. I knew I had to fuel save to make the 2 stop work. But I could not take it easy because I had @Ph1sh breathing down my neck. Made a tiny error somewhere and Jordan got a run on me. I defended the inside, staying as low as possible. I guess there was a bit of contact, maybe a bit of lag, because I didn't notice it. Sad to see Jordan go off, but I continued.

it might be a good idea for a driver who goes off in a dice to say “no problem “ or “racing incident “ or “ contact” . Its really hard to determine but if “contact” causes the off concession is needed. Of course if you are not in the same chat how could you know. This brings up the only 8 in the chat problem. I suggest we, as an group decide which group chat to use and get on with it. AJ is utilizing DISCORD for the upcomming endurance series. The app is free and each of us would need a ear bud/mike set wich would be worn under the headset we use for GTS. I knew I had to fuel save to make the 2 stop work. But I could not take it easy because I had @Ph1sh breathing down my neck. Made a tiny error somewhere and Jordan got a run on me. I defended the inside, staying as low as possible. I guess there was a bit of contact, maybe a bit of lag, because I didn't notice it. Sad to see Jordan go off, but I continued.
I don't know that it would make much difference, as a lot of drivers, myself included, mute chat audio while in a serious race.

Understand what you are saying, but using a 3rd party service is also an unnecessary pain in the 🤬 .

I realize we'll have to do what we have to do for the enduro in order to properly direct the rooms, but in the case of weekly events, we likely need to live with it.

EDK
I don't know that it would make much difference, as a lot of drivers, myself included, mute chat audio while in a serious race.

Understand what you are saying, but using a 3rd party service is also an unnecessary pain in the 🤬 .

I realize we'll have to do what we have to do for the enduro in order to properly direct the rooms, but in the case of weekly events, we likely need to live with it.
you are wrong. It was a zoo on sunday trying to magage two chats and now try to image possibly three rooms with six chats and wildly typing. Until we get our room chats back we HAVE to do SOMETHING... now. Yesterday we lost two drivers who could have participated but due to the chaos in multiple room swaps they got lost. Its time to get going or get run over. Outside the box.

you are wrong. It was a zoo on sunday trying to magage two chats and now try to image possibly three rooms with six chats and wildly typing. Until we get our room chats back we HAVE to do SOMETHING... now. Yesterday we lost two drivers who could have participated but due to the chaos in multiple room swaps they got lost. Its time to get going or get run over. Outside the box.
I am referring specifically to your suggestion of calling it out when you run off track.

For organization early in the events, it probably makes sense. But it's also pretty irritating.

The NA race was pretty good despite only having 9 people in the room. Really messed up on lap 6 but ran a decent two stopper after that and had a great fight with @Gravitron
Thanks for that fun and close race! You were a bit faster than me, but I didn't go off track this time. :D

NA results, congrats @Mini Stiggy on the win and @suprajef & @mr_lab_rat on the podiums. :cheers:

Quali:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180214190825.png

Race:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180214200416.png

Fastest laps:

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20180214214748.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back