North American Time Slot
10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT / Check Local

Peugeot RCZ Gr.4 @ Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
car_peugeot_rcz_gr4.jpg
track_mount_panorama.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrs-oe-driver-registration-png.691268

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_WRS Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry, join now by following the GTP_WRS Registration!

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:

• Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.
Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:

• Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)
Lounge Splits

A more formal formula will be used to determine lobby assignments.

First, every driver that confirms their registration will be ranked using an event specific handicap equal to the minimum(best) of the following:
  1. Handicap from the official registry (driver does nothing, falls back on official handicap)
  2. Handicap from the official time trial (driver included in official time trial results)
  3. Handicap computed using an unofficial offline ghost lap replay
    • Must conform to all time trial rules and be attached to a post in the online thread
    • Submitted after TT deadline on Monday @ 23:59 GMT
    • Submitted at least 8 hours prior to the event start time
  4. Handicap computed using the best clean lap of an online steward observed qualification race
    • Tire wear set to off, but otherwise conforming to online regulations
    • 5 lap race: 1 out lap, 3 timed hot laps, 1 cool down lap.
    • Scheduled with steward ahead of time (plan ahead and request via thread)
    • Completed at least 3 hours prior to the event start time

Second, we will sort the confirmed drivers 90 minutes prior to the race and divide them up evenly. If there are an odd numbers of drivers the extra driver will be assigned to the A room. At that point the stewards convene and assign a director and supporting steward for each lobby. Then at about 50-60 minutes prior to the race the room #s and driver assignments will be published to the thread.

Reserves: Drivers with reserve status at 90 minutes prior to event start will not be included in the lobby assignments, but will be listed with their applicable handicap in a reserve list. They will have to request on the thread to be added to a lobby and the assignment will be at the discretion of the stewards. In that case handicap will be used as a guide, but there are no guarantees last minute confirms/entries will get the room you want and in some rare cases may not get to race at all (e.g. if the room split is such that there is two full rooms or if the new driver would create an additional room that wouldn't be supportable with the number of stewards available). Reserves will be handled on a first to request basis using the online race thread. Do not use the google form to confirm/register at the last minute, but use a thread post instead. If you are on reserve list or not listed at all in the lobby assignments do not join a room until instructed to do so.

Abuse: Because confirming guarantees you a grid spot it's important that nobody abuses the status. If you are fairly confident (80%) you are going to make the race sign up as confirmed ahead of time, but it's important you update your status as you get more information and for sure no later than 90 minutes prior to the race. At that point if you are not 99% sure you should be on reserve. This is a courtesy we ask, not only for the admins/stewards, but also for the benefit of other drivers that have accurately stated their status. We're going to use a three strike rule. A confirmed driver that "no shows" will receive 2 strikes. A confirmed driver that cancels less than 90 minutes of the race, but before race start will get 1 strike. Three strikes in any 8 week period and the driver risks being suspended from the online participation for 8 weeks. We know "stuff happens" and real life comes first so this allows some forgiveness, but we can't manage multiple rooms effectively if we don't know at least a bit ahead of time who is going to be showing up and we can't have people taking advantage of the system to guarantee their spot at the cost of someone else.

These rules will only apply for weekly Wednesday events where more than 16 drivers are confirmed. In the case of 16 or less the situation is more relaxed as the stewards just open up one lobby, all confirmed drivers are guaranteed a spot, and reserves are given grid spots on a first come first serve basis.

Goals of these rules?
  • Creates lounges of similar paced drivers equitably without relying on honor based practice laps.
  • Allows drivers that have improved beyond their handicap to qualify in a "faster" lounge.
  • Allows drivers that did not have time to run the TT to submit an offline lap well after the official TT deadline.
  • Allows drivers to run in an online setup to qualify if they don't want to deal with offline replays. These could be done during any of the practice sessions as long as a steward is present to observe.
  • Allows drivers to fall back on registry handicap if they have no time to pre-qualify.

We hope/expect the vast majority of drivers are covered by their handicap or TT result and the other two options are only used in a few cases each week. Drivers who have not been official processed should take advantage of #3 or #4 or they will be "approximately" assigned based on our best guess of their handicap.

Also note that the above procedures will typically only apply to lobby assignments. Within each lobby there will still be a pre-race qualification session to determine grid order.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
wrs-oe-event-details-png.691269

Official Practice Times
  • GTP_WRS club: Open at all hours :gtplanet:
  • Pre-Race: Lobby assignments will be posted ~1 hour prior to the official start time

Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PR = Practice, Race
  • Room Title: gtplanet.net WRSonly

Room Settings
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge

Course Settings
  • Course: Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
  • No. of Laps: 22 + 1 formation
  • Weather: N/A
  • Weather Changeability: N/A
  • Surface Water at Race Start: N/A
  • Time: Default
  • Time Progression: N/A

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Race Settings
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Penalty: None
  • Flag Rules: On
  • Tire Wear: 3x
  • Fuel Consumption: 3x
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Minimum Number of Pit Stops: 0
  • Require Tire Type Change: Off
  • Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
  • Visible Damage: On
  • Mechanical Damage: Off
  • Slipstream Strength: Real

Car Selection Method
  • Car Selection Method: Garage
  • Car Filters: Filter by Make -> Manufacturers -> Peugeot -> RCZ Gr.4
  • BOP: Off
  • Max Power Limit: 345HP
  • Minimum Weight: 1225KG
  • Drivetrain: FF
  • Tires: Racing Hard
  • Vehicle Tuning: Power and weight are to be stock. You may adjust Suspension, Aerodynamics, LSD and Transmission only.
  • Custom Paint, Wheels, Number: Allowed
  • Brake Balance Adjustment: Allowed

Limit Driving Options
  • Countersteer Assist: Prohibited
  • Driving assist: Prohibited
  • Active Stability Management (ASM): Prohibited
  • Driving Line/cones/markers: Available / Optional
  • Traction Control: Available / Optional
  • ABS: Available / Optional
  • Handbrake : Prohibited

• After the qualification time is complete a steward will record the results.
  • The system will place all drivers on the grid and begin the countdown timer.
  • Drivers should remain stopped on the grid after the countdown timer.
  • A steward will announce the starting order and drivers should proceed into a staggered formation in the order called.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track and other drivers will alternate sides.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 50 mph | 80 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Track Boundary Guidelines

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.
It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Same track limits as the Time Trial.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

full

Last edited:
I can't confirm my attendence this early.

I got a comment and question to the event details:

• Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.
In the EU race yesterday, I got a black screen after the settings was changed for the qualification round, and wasn't able to do anything besides closing GT Sport or go to the PS menu. This meant I couldn't attend the qualification as per the above note (I did however get to qualify but thats besides the point). Mentioning it so we're aware this can happen. I believe I was pressing some buttons for something while the settings changed, can't remember what - I assume it has something to do with that, so perhaps a headsup before setting change could mitigate this bug.

• All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.

Is it the racer practically in front of you or the racer in front of you grid/position wise?

In the EU race yesterday, I got a black screen after the settings was changed for the qualification round, and wasn't able to do anything besides closing GT Sport or go to the PS menu. This meant I couldn't attend the qualification as per the above note (I did however get to qualify but thats besides the point). Mentioning it so we're aware this can happen. I believe I was pressing some buttons for something while the settings changed, can't remember what - I assume it has something to do with that, so perhaps a headsup before setting change could mitigate this bug.

Yeah very sorry this happened and maybe I didn't give you enough time to recover. PD should have given us a proper Quali mode to begin with. I thing some headsup would be a good idea. At the time I was also dealing with randoms joining, which is annoying too.

Is it the racer practically in front of you or the racer in front of you grid/position wise?

It is good to clarify this. It is the racer in front of you on the grid/position wise. So, the racer on your front left/right is the one you should watch. And not have any overlap with/while matching his speed as closely as you can.

Good racing all. The qualy for me was spoiled by the rogue entrant and the fuel tank made the race strategy a little iffy but always good to be able to trust your competitors and race fairly.
Back to the TT hopefully having learned a few things about driving lines..

If I'm eligible I would like to enter the NA event on the 17th. I have signed up on the google registration form.

The OP says Peugeot but later in the thread under " car selection method" it states the Toyota. Just want to clarify.

I'm sure it was just a typo. Wouldn't want to show up in the wrong car, lol.

I'm amazed at how well the staff here manages this constant flow of "stuff" from both the racing and the TT side so a minor booboo every once and awhile is expected. Kudos everyone and thank you.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Back