GTP_WRS-Online : Special IV : Group 4 LAN Style Pick and Mix - March 28/29 and April 4/5

• Thread starter EDK
  • 318 comments
Anyone taking some photos?

I took one :D,cause I am a huge fan of the DTM.
The TT was the car that made me go to the races in Zandvoort.

20200329110529.jpg

And a report of my first LAN in the rai in 2003.

@Mr P and Kelly were also present and some guys from GTRP under command of Rudi Raser

Last edited:

View attachment 903718

@Mr P and Kelly were also present and some guys from GTRP under command of Rudi Raser

Nice shot @Sjaak

That LAN party looks like the coolest thing ever! Must have took a lot of organizing to get everyone in the same room like that and set it all up.

View attachment 903718

Haha that's a blast from the past for sure!! I never knew anyone was recording 17 years ago :D If anyone is wondering I am the one sitting farthest back from the screen on a joypad at the time with my mouth hanging wide open in deep concentration haha :P I now use a wheel obviously
driving.gif

Sure does bring back some memories Sjaak.. Thanks for sharing mate ;):cheers:

That was a great event at a great venue and hard to believe it was almost 2 decades ago... the words a female security guard shouted when she entered that part of the complex when she smelled the vast amounts of weed being smoked was OMG!!! WHAT IS THAT SMELL!!! Lmao stuck in my head forever her reaction :lol:

Again thanks for sharing mate :bowdown:

Ok before I go in tonight and make a total dick of myself??? here's what I gather so far..

Basically we use each one of the selected GR4 cars 1 time only?
There will be 6 tracks and each track is a different car from the 6 to choose from?
Each race is roughly 15 minutes which is roughly 10 laps per race on an average track?
No fuel will be needed but tyres will need changing at some point?
Have some reference sheet beside me to know what car I used already and whats next?

I'm still not up to scratch with online racing guys but I would like to change that 👍 Please accept my apology in advance for any mess I create :embarrassed:
Lastly does anyone have any tips on pit strategies etc? and how many times will we pit? Not sure on what tyres or tyre wear or anything as I'm still a noob to online :P Tempted to go do some test laps now if anyone is on doing so would I be ok to join?

and I will cya's in there tonight hopefully guys :cool:👍

Cheers :cheers:

Ok before I go in tonight and make a total dick of myself??? here's what I gather so far..

There will be 6 tracks and each track is a different car from the 6 to choose from?
Each race is roughly 15 minutes which is roughly 10 laps per race on an average track?
Have some reference sheet beside me to know what car I used already and whats next?

I'm still not up to scratch with online racing guys but I would like to change that 👍 Please accept my apology in advance for any mess I create :embarrassed:
Lastly does anyone have any tips on pit strategies etc? and how many times will we pit? Not sure on what tyres or tyre wear or anything as I'm still a noob to online :P Tempted to go do some test laps now if anyone is on doing so would I be ok to join?

Hey Ron. You have most of it right. You should not need to pit at all.

We qualify for the first race, one out and 2 hot laps. The other races are grid order based on previous race finish.

There are 7 tracks, we will use 6.

And you have the car selection right.

We will not qualify at Nurb or Blue Moon, if one of those comes up first, I spin the wheel again.

No pit stops required :) there are 7 tracks but only 6 will be used and they are generated randomly by @EDK

I have a practice room up for a couple of tracks i haven't had much practice at. Blue moon infield B and Suzuka. I think @PASM had a room up too.

Your more than welcome to join mine just add me on PSN 👍

And trust me you won't make a mess, your plenty fast enough to be a favourite to win races

Thanks for the info guys 👍 I will hook up my stuff and be online within the next 15 mins.. :cheers:

will add you on PSN phil 👍

Cool 👍 running at Blue Moon and Then Suzuka and then will need a break ( i accidentally had milk which i am allergic too and feel super sick now lol :lol: i will need some rest before tonight i think! ) anyone else is welcome to join

Room code is 0475-4131-9873-0921-8884
Think its set to friends only so add me if you want to join

Yesterday's scoring for FUN. NA means you did not race.

Congrats to @Nuschel01 For the most wins and the overall highest score.

I am proud to report that all drivers who ran 6 races used all 6 cars. :)

And nobody used a car twice, even those who missed races.

I have attached the race by race results in an image doc in the second post of this thread.

upload_2020-3-29_11-0-33.png

Sorry i didn't turn up yesterday. i totally forgot about this. the last part of the passed week we were busy buying a house so a lot of focus shifted to paperwork. anyhow tonight i'm game.

Reactions: EDK
if possible (if noone complains) I'd join todays session as well.
It'll be at a later time [Thx to DST].
Will look for a break between races to enter the lobby.

Reactions: EDK
if possible (if noone complains) I'd join todays session as well.
It'll be at a later time [Thx to DST].
Will look for a break between races to enter the lobby.
Sure.

EDK
Yesterday's scoring for FUN. NA means you did not race.

Congrats to @Nuschel01 For the most wins and the overall highest score.

I am proud to report that all drivers who ran 6 races used all 6 cars. :)

And nobody used a car twice, even those who missed races.

I have attached the race by race results in an image doc in the second post of this thread.

View attachment 903827

Damn - incidents at Spa Suzuka Dragon and Nurb really wrecked my score :lol: clean races are the goal tonight! Well done @Nuschel01! Great driving 👍

Sorry guys I waited all day to race that and lap 1 race 1 was like some friggin nightmare with all cars teleporting everywhere round about me.. I didn't know when it was safe to accelerate at all and it was like some crazy space invaders game from my POV... I will stick to hotlapping as that was just crazy and I have no patience for that kind of racing.. Enjoy guys and cya's some other time I race the TT's again.. Online is banned on my console for good.. what a waste of time that was :D:tup:

Sorry guys I waited all day to race that and lap 1 race 1 was like some friggin nightmare with all cars teleporting everywhere round about me.. I didn't know when it was safe to accelerate at all and it was like some crazy space invaders game from my POV... I will stick to hotlapping as that was just crazy and I have no patience for that kind of racing.. Enjoy guys and cya's some other time I race the TT's again.. Online is banned on my console for good.. what a waste of time that was :D:tup:

Gutted @Mr P must be a poor connection or something. If your internet provider manages to up their game it's thoroughly worth racing these pick n mix's. It's very different to hotlapping ( as I have learned the hard way :lol: )

Hey Ron, Do you have the ps4 connected by cable? and did you put in DMZ in the router? If you haven't and don't know how to do this i'm happy to help just send me an PM.

Sorry guys I sort of lost it earlier when the game when all crazy on me :( Since then I know what the issues were.. I have the router in my room with 2 devices connected via hard wire ... my pc and my sons xbox via lan cable going through the attic to his room, everything else is connected via wireless all 17 devices! yep 17 devices on wireless! my son has his phone his laptop and his tv connected wireless.. downstairs we have my daughter with her laptop and xbox her phone and firestick the main front room tv all connected wireless, in my room we have kel with her phone her laptop her pad and her firestick and then you have my 2 tv's and my ps4 all wireless! I don't use my phone for internet just phone calls :P

It's ridiculous how many devices connect via wireless! anyway I will join again next week if I am allowed and I am disabling the wireless in the house and will just have my ps4 connected via hardwire and see how that works out? I have pre warned my family in advance after I flipped out earlier when the connection went skewy :D I made all my apologies and pre booked discoing them all next Saturday night haha :lol:👍

Hope you all had a great night of racing! I wish I had recorded my 1 lap at Laguna where everyone flew in the air and smashed into each other at the corkscrew and yet it only happened on my screen :dopey: It was a crazy sight for sure ;)

Back