GTP_WRS-Online : Special IV : Group 4 LAN Style Pick and Mix - March 28/29 and April 4/5

• Thread starter EDK
  • 318 comments
Sorry guys I sort of lost it earlier when the game when all crazy on me :( Since then I know what the issues were.. I have the router in my room with 2 devices connected via hard wire ... my pc and my sons xbox via lan cable going through the attic to his room, everything else is connected via wireless all 17 devices! yep 17 devices on wireless! my son has his phone his laptop and his tv connected wireless.. downstairs we have my daughter with her laptop and xbox her phone and firestick the main front room tv all connected wireless, in my room we have kel with her phone her laptop her pad and her firestick and then you have my 2 tv's and my ps4 all wireless! I don't use my phone for internet just phone calls :P

It's ridiculous how many devices connect via wireless! anyway I will join again next week if I am allowed and I am disabling the wireless in the house and will just have my ps4 connected via hardwire and see how that works out? I have pre warned my family in advance after I flipped out earlier when the connection went skewy :D I made all my apologies and pre booked discoing them all next Saturday night haha :lol:👍

Hope you all had a great night of racing! I wish I had recorded my 1 lap at Laguna where everyone flew in the air and smashed into each other at the corkscrew and yet it only happened on my screen :dopey: It was a crazy sight for sure ;)
You are of course welcome to join again.

Some highlights from Spa and Dragon tail

- Start at the back at Spa ( thanks Nurburgring :lol: )
- trying to Pass @GTP_Dutchy
- trying to pass @DerDoc
- staunch defending from @PASM in the "not that bad" TT :D
- @suprajef having the nightmare that is trying to launch an FF car
- trying to pass @SRT DK Racing
- good battle with @EDK
- good battle with @DocSG

Looking forward to next week :cheers: really need to improve my racecraft though :lol: its so different to just chasing those tenths in time trail :D

Last edited:
Well that was really fun and a bit embarrassing! :lol:
I did much better thursday, today I was thoroughly taken out by myself :dopey:
I was doing better at the Ring until I torpedoed @roamer2629 like a noob, or maybe it was @GTP_Dutchy , hit a bump in braking and then whammy, sorry again dude :scared:
Still that was some major league fun! I unfortunately work next weekend and so won't be able to try to regain my honor. I do look forward to watching Y'all on youtube though. :)👍
After years of internet like Ron described, we finally have a fast connection here. I've been doing a little online daily racing, but after racing with Y'all I'm def gonna try to join for some more weekly events. :cheers:
Good times Y'all! :gtpflag:

Last edited:
I was doing better at the Ring until I torpedoed @roamer2629 like a noob, or maybe it was @GTP_Dutchy , hit a bump in braking and then whammy, sorry again dude :scared:
Still that was some major league fun! I unfortunately work next weekend and so won't be able to try to regain my honor. I do look forward to watching Y'all on youtube though. :)👍
After years of internet like Ron described, we finally have a fast connection here. I've been doing a little online daily racing, but after racing with Y'all I'm def gonna try to join for some more weekly events. :cheers:
Not me dude

It was me but no worries there was no faul intent and although not necessary I could've given more space. Besides that you waited. All good fun

And a report of my first LAN in the rai in 2003.

@Mr P and Kelly were also present and some guys from GTRP under command of Rudi Raser
From the german forum GTRP I can identify JMR, Tom, MadeInHolland, Friday (sitting next to Rudi) and Arwin (who is also known here, I guess)
Nice shot @Sjaak

That LAN party looks like the coolest thing ever! Must have took a lot of organizing to get everyone in the same room like that and set it all up.
If you're not worried about a little trip to germany, then you'll get an invitation to my next LAN.
I had to cancel the recently planned LAN due to the curfew.
This is what it usually looks like (Recording time approx. 13h):

Last but not least:
@EDK Thank you for the two evenings of perfectly organized racing-action
and also thumbs up for
@roamer2629 who also put in a lot of time to make this happen

and to all the participants for being so careful during the races
It seemed to me that everyone was more worried about not to interfere with another driver
instead of thinking of gaining an advantage.

I think this kind of online racing will attract a permanently increasing amount of members.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, my registration was successful. 👍
Now I should be ready to race (I hope) and I just need to create some fancy liveries.
I should have some practice rooms up on Thursday and Friday this week, although it may be later in the day than you would want.

Likely will start around midnight or 1 am in your local time.

I think some others have been putting them up earlier in the day as well, more like EU evening time.

We also have a couple time trials up at these tracks, you can check them out.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/

Sorry guys I sort of lost it earlier when the game when all crazy on me :( Since then I know what the issues were.. I have the router in my room with 2 devices connected via hard wire ... my pc and my sons xbox via lan cable going through the attic to his room, everything else is connected via wireless all 17 devices! yep 17 devices on wireless! my son has his phone his laptop and his tv connected wireless.. downstairs we have my daughter with her laptop and xbox her phone and firestick the main front room tv all connected wireless, in my room we have kel with her phone her laptop her pad and her firestick and then you have my 2 tv's and my ps4 all wireless! I don't use my phone for internet just phone calls :P

It's ridiculous how many devices connect via wireless! anyway I will join again next week if I am allowed and I am disabling the wireless in the house and will just have my ps4 connected via hardwire and see how that works out? I have pre warned my family in advance after I flipped out earlier when the connection went skewy :D I made all my apologies and pre booked discoing them all next Saturday night haha :lol:👍

Hope you all had a great night of racing! I wish I had recorded my 1 lap at Laguna where everyone flew in the air and smashed into each other at the corkscrew and yet it only happened on my screen :dopey: It was a crazy sight for sure ;)

Wired connection set up as DMZ. That is how mine is set up.

300M internet, ps4 192M up, 80M down.

From the german forum GTRP I can identify JMR, Tom, MadeInHolland, Friday (sitting next to Rudi) and Arwin (who is also known here, I guess)

If you're not worried about a little trip to germany, then you'll get an invitation to my next LAN.

Thanks for the invitation,I keep it in mind.:cheers:
And yes Arwin was the organiser in Amsterdam and @Friday_GTRP became a good friend of mine.

Last but not least:
@EDK Thank you for the two evenings of perfectly organized racing-action
and also thumbs up for
@roamer2629 who also put in a lot of time to make this happen

and to all the participants for being so careful during the races
It seemed to me that everyone was more worried about not to interfere with another driver
instead of thinking of gaining an advantage.

I think this kind of online racing will attract a permanently increasing amount of members.

Couldn't agree more - makes it so much better than daily racing. If anyone is within 0.5 there you have to escape or risk the dive bomb :crazy:

If there's a spot left for the 5th, I'd like to participate.
Got you added, Erik. 👍

The 4th shows as full right now, but if you wanted to also run then, we could add you as provisional. It's rare to have 100% of signed up folks show up.

DTM
Nice event 👍

Put me down for the 5th please?

if there comes a spot free the 4th I would be glad to take it
Hi Dennis - I will put you as provisional on the 4th, and will add you to the 5th signups.

On the 4th, anyone who is signed up that is not in the lobby 15 mins before takeoff will have their seat sold. ;)

Back