GTP_WRS-Online : Special XVI - #GT300 Triple Mix Championship - Finale - 10 DEC: 2.4 hour endurance

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 917 comments
Had very bad starts at Sarthe. Lost 2 positions in both races. Strange thing - when released brake, revs droped from max to almost min (to 2200 on RX and to 1500 on Impreza). Seem like others had launch control :). For exmpl. at Suzuka or Bathurst wheels spined on RX and it was posible to loose back, but at Sarthe it was like TC was on. What could be problem?

Had very bad starts at Sarthe. Lost 2 positions in both races. Strange thing - when released brake, revs droped from max to almost min (to 2200 on RX and to 1500 on Impreza). Seem like others had launch control :). For exmpl. at Suzuka or Bathurst wheels spined on RX and it was posible to loose back, but at Sarthe it was like TC was on. What could be problem?

Your gear ratios were probably set long (low) enough as a result of changing them for high top speed such that you bogged down in 1st (typical transmission setups often use long low gear ratios, so you have to check standing starts are OK after further lowering the Final ratio). This just means that the RPM while doing a standing start is too low, and the ratio for at least 1st gear needed to be raised.

Mine weren't great, but seemingly weren't awful either.

I'm absolutely noob in setup :) Sorry for stupid questions.
Does it mean I should shorten 1 gear and probably 2, and others do a bit wider? or I should do something with final gear?
I just adjusted final gear for Sarthe after Suzuka. It was about the same as it was at Bathurst, but there start was good.

Does it mean I should shorten 1 gear and probably 2, and others do a bit wider? or I should do something with final gear?
I just adjusted final gear for Sarthe after Suzuka. It was about the same as it was at Bathurst, but there start was good.

You will need a shorter 1st gear, then adjust anything else to match as you see fit. I can't give you a single answer, as it's all a bit of a compromise anyway, and I'm not exactly an expert either.

Try it out! Just make 1st shorter to start with to see if that was the problem.

You'r first gear was way to high. We only use the High first gear in running starts. Starts from stand still is a whole other matter. I allways start by setting final gear all to the right and topspeed to minimum, and work from there. Set it. Go to track and stand still. The rev it up an go. If the revs go to low you have no acc. Go back and ajust first gear higher on the scale. Keep doing that untill you'r car gets the perfect start. The ajust the rest of the gears to fit first gear. And that Can be a little work, to fit it to the track you'r on.

Hope et explains a bit and ask away if you have qustion.

Edit. Sometimes i do it the other way around. First min. topspeed and then final gear to the right. Works on some tracks.

You'r first gear was way to high. We only use the High first gear in running starts. Starts from stand still is a whole other matter. I allways start by setting final gear all to the right and topspeed to minimum, and work from there. Set it. Go to track and stand still. The rev it up an go. If the revs go to low you have no acc. Go back and ajust first gear higher on the scale. Keep doing that untill you'r car gets the perfect start. The ajust the rest of the gears to fit first gear. And that Can be a little work, to fit it to the track you'r on.

Edit. Sometimes i do it the other way around. First min. topspeed and then final gear to the right. Works on some tracks.
geeze thanks for letting that cat out of the bag...lol

Thanks for explanation. I will try that

Could someone explain how driver changes work or point me to where it is explained?
I'm sure it will be explained here exactly. Basically there will be a time window where you'll have to make a pit stop and have to stay in pits for a certain amount of time by pausing the game while in pits. Think it was 2min in previous events around the mid of the race with a pretty huge window of 30-40 min where you'll have to do this.

Thanks, Javier!! @roamer2629 :cheers:

Here is the video for the driver change.

Thanks! I was too lazy to look back in the threads. :rolleyes:

@GTP_Dutchy Kevin, what about heavy damage? In the end that's always good for the race because everyone has to take care and respect different lines a lot more then when damage goes away automatically...basic overpowerers will be forced to take care around nurb and that's way more realistic in the end. Just an idea.
I'm up for weather change on as well :sly:

We will do a driverchange simulation. i dont think we'll go with heavy damage because i predict the race will look a bit like this...
438px-Nagasakibomb.jpg

What settings do you mean ?
Like Tyre/Fuel wear, Weather conditions, Damage...

Edit:
Official Practice Times
  • Ad-hoc - participants can start rooms
  • Pre-Race: Lobby assignments will be posted ~1 hour prior to the official start time
Basic Settings
  • Room Mode: PQE = Practice, Qualify, Endurance
  • Room Privacy: GTP_WRS Club Only
Room Settings
  • Room Comment: #GT300 Championship
  • Room Type: Race for Real
  • Fixed Room Host: No
  • Max Number of Participants: 16 per lounge
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Standard
Course Settings
  • Course: Spa Francorchamps (weather/time)
  • No. of Laps: 20 minute timed race
  • Weather: 0%
  • Weather Changeability: 0
  • Surface Water at Race Start: 0%
  • Time: 12:00 - 17:30 - 22:00
  • Time Progression: 1
Qualifier Settings
  • Qualifier Format: Race Alone
  • Time Limit: 7 mins Mins
  • Start Mode: Start from final corner
Race Settings
  • Hold Races Automatically: Disabled