GTP_WRS-Online : Special XVI - #GT300 Triple Mix Championship - Finale - 10 DEC: 2.4 hour endurance

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 917 comments
#GT300 Championship Update
Hey Guys,

We're nearing the big finale of the #GT300 Championship. This event is gonna be a bit different from the other events we ran previously. I see some questions popping up. so I want to make an update to get everyone on the same page. But first I'll share the results of Le Mans.
Unfortunatly we had to hand out 2 penalties in room B on is for driver because he used the same car twice the other one had to do with contact on track. We've pointed this out multiple times. Make sure you understand the OLR, Drive clean and when in doubt pull take your loss on track. we will always look at how much time was lost and add a time penalty on top of that in this case it even costed someone the win. These races are fun because everybody drives cleanly let's keep it that way. Use your head, there's no point in hoping you'll get away with it! not only will you get the penalty but effectively you're ruining the fun for everybody else.

Now that we've pointed that out on to the results. We've got a split 1st place for @TNR_5zigen and @Windfire1010 followed by @StigsTC massive congratulations to them and to everyone for participating!
Round8.PNG Bracket3.PNG Championship Standings.PNG

1st of all I've updated the race settings as @danbojte pointed out. everything should be in there by now. we're going with a 1 lap qually to keep the total even duration under control ( atleast a bit). If you guys encounter a mistake or have any questions please let us know in the thread.

2nd we have an custom BoP for this event. Make sure your car meets these regulations
full

3th This race will have and special kind of mandatory pitstop. It's called a driver change simulation. This means that when you make an pitstop you pause the screen time 5minutes and after these 5 minutes you're free to leave the pit again. use these 5 minutes to get a drink, go to the toilet. walk the dog or invent a new space shuttle. the pit stop has to be made during the race. so it cant't be in the first 2 laps or the last 2 laps. other than that you're free to plan te pitstop whenever you want! take a look at this video to get an better understanding of how the procedure works.

4th Don't forget to sign up for the event! Hope to see you all on track this Saturday and remember to keep it clean!

p.s. it could be that the registration table doesnt show the correct information during the next 30 minutes after posting this. But please do subscribe even if your name is already in htere

Last edited:
@GTP_Dutchy
Hi Kevin. I'd like two more aspects to clarify:
  • in settings the Start type is Grid Start, then lower, after the Settings, the Formation Lap procedure is described. I assume that will be Grid Start but just wanted to eliminate the confusion if there is any. 👍
  • Unfortunatly we had to hand out 2 penalties
  • Why is this kept semi-secret? In real life competitions, any penalties or decisions applied are declared publicly. ;)
:cheers:

Edit: Spa has vanished from the banner. ;)
threadbottom_V6 2.jpg

Last edited:
@GTP_Dutchy
Hi Kevin. I'd like two more aspects to clarify:
  • in settings the Start type is Grid Start, then lower, after the Settings, the Formation Lap procedure is described. I assume that will be Grid Start but just wanted to eliminate the confusion if there is any.
It will be a grid start. I'll remove the formation lap bit later.
@GTP_Dutchy
  • Why is this kept semi-secret? In real life competitions, any penalties or decisions applied are declared publicly. ;)
:cheers:
We're not an proffesional organisation nor the drivers are proffesionals. we just want to let the people involved know actions were taken. However we see no point in calling out names for a couple of reasons. We don't want certain names to become "infected" so when a driver makes a mistake on more than one occasion they automatically get reported when having a bit of contact and solving it next time, where as an other driver without that name would not be reported. another reason is that we think drivers can improve their driving standards and we don't want to discourage them from competing with us. On the contrary we'd like them to improve/ditch bad habbits and be able to run in the field without the bad taste of earlier incidents in their mouth. [/quote]

@GTP_Dutchy
Edit: Spa has vanished from the banner. ;)
View attachment 612922
Yep, and it will never come back, now his watch has ended
SPA r.i.p. :P

Last edited:
We're not an proffesional organisation nor the drivers are proffesionals. we just want the people involved actions were taken. However we see no point in calling out names for a couple of reasons. We don't want certain names to become "infected" so when a driver makes a mistake on more than one occasion they automatically get reported when having a bit of contact and solving it next time, where as an other driver without that name would not be reported. another reason is that we think drivers can improve their driving standards and we don't want to discourage them from competing with us. On the contrary we'd like them to improve/ditch bad habbits and be able to run in the field withour the bad taste of earlier incidents in their mouth.
I see and respect that. 👍 :cheers:

Kevin. Why the fast tyrewear? It makes only one tactic possible for all. And spending way to much time pitting. Not happy :banghead:

I'm with you. At least the Impreza is stuck to a 3lap tactic. No way to save 15-17 liters for lap4. I need 85liters for 3laps.

It is possible to do a four lapper in the rx7 for the other cars three lapper is the safe bet. we calculated that you need to safe 2 or 3 litres per lap to make a 4 lapper happen in the other cars. Also more pitstops gives more chances for different strategies with driverchanges etc. For the newer guys they have more time to catch their breath again. Besides that we did all the races on fast. Don't get me wrong I see your points but we have to go with something.

It is possible to do a four lapper in the rx7 for the other cars three lapper is the safe bet. we calculated that you need to safe 2 or 3 litres per lap to make a 4 lapper happen in the other cars. Also more pitstops gives more chances for different strategies with driverchanges etc. For the newer guys they have more time to catch their breath again. Besides that we did all the races on fast. Don't get me wrong I see your points but we have to go with something.
Dont agree Kevin. All guys in imprezza Can Max do 3 lap and lap 3 will be on skates. Its not a fair deciscion for guys in imprezza. Had it been a shorter track, i could understand, but not on Nur

BTW. The imprezza uses 28L/lap and run out 15 km. in to lap 4.

#GT300 Championship Update
Hey Guys,

We're nearing the big finale of the #GT300 Championship. This event is gonna be a bit different from the other events we ran previously. I see some questions popping up. so I want to make an update to get everyone on the same page. But first I'll share the results of Le Mans.
Unfortunatly we had to hand out 2 penalties in room B on is for driver because he used the same car twice the other one had to do with contact on track. We've pointed this out multiple times. Make sure you understand the OLR, Drive clean and when in doubt pull take your loss on track. we will always look at how much time was lost and add a time penalty on top of that in this case it even costed someone the win. These races are fun because everybody drives cleanly let's keep it that way. Use your head, there's no point in hoping you'll get away with it! not only will you get the penalty but effectively you're ruining the fun for everybody else.

Now that we've pointed that out on to the results. We've got a split 1st place for @TNR_5zigen and @Windfire1010 followed by @StigsTC massive congratulations to them and to everyone for participating!
View attachment 612805 View attachment 612803 View attachment 612804

1st of all I've updated the race settings as @danbojte pointed out. everything should be in there by now. we're going with a 1 lap qually to keep the total even duration under control ( atleast a bit). If you guys encounter a mistake or have any questions please let us know in the thread.

2nd we have an custom BoP for this event. Make sure your car meets these regulations
full

3th This race will have and special kind of mandatory pitstop. It's called a driver change simulation. This means that when you make an pitstop you pause the screen time 5minutes and after these 5 minutes you're free to leave the pit again. use these 5 minutes to get a drink, go to the toilet. walk the dog or invent a new space shuttle. the pit stop has to be made during the race. so it cant't be in the first 2 laps or the last 2 laps. other than that you're free to plan te pitstop whenever you want! take a look at this video to get an better understanding of how the procedure works.

4th Don't forget to sign up for the event! Hope to see you all on track this Saturday and remember to keep it clean!

p.s. it could be that the registration table doesnt show the correct information during the next 30 minutes after posting this. But please do subscribe even if your name is already in htere

Watching the video of a driver change simulation, I see that GT6 works different in the pits. We dont see the lap time, only the Total Time is shown, and we can not see how team drop the car. I guess we start to count the 5 minutes from this Total Time after the crew raised the lollipop

Watching the video of a driver change simulation, I see that GT6 works different in the pits. We dont see the lap time, only the Total Time is shown, and we can not see how team drop the car. I guess we start to count the 5 minutes from this Total Time after the crew raised the lollipop
yes.

Question Dutchy , I was setting up a room with the settings posted on page 1 and came too the race time which should be set at 144min , but in the settings I can only chose between 2 or 3 hours endurance race , so iam thinking is there perhaps something I missed reading ?

Question Dutchy , I was setting up a room with the settings posted on page 1 and came too the race time which should be set at 144min , but in the settings I can only chose between 2 or 3 hours endurance race , so iam thinking is there perhaps something I missed reading ?
No this is an copy paste mistake i guess. we're gonna do a 20 lap race and follow the procedure described under the finishflag gif.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driver Briefing
Please, everyone make sure you have read everything in the OP on procedures.

The simulated driver change is the same for everyone and should be 5 minutes long. If you accidentally go too early, you can self-penalize by going to the pits the next lap and do the remaining time. The same system of self-penalizing should also apply to the track limits. An important note is that the start of your simulated driver change starts the moment the lollipop is raised. So, that is AFTER the tire and fuel service is complete. In contrast with other 2.4 enduros, you can now do the simulated driver change at any time during the race other than the first and last 2 laps.

After 2:24:00.000 (not 2:40:00.000) on the timer, the next time the leader passes start/finish, the leader should announce the checkered flag in the chat. Everyone should save the replay after the race, since it will not be exportable.

After more deliberation between all the stewards, the decision is taken to stick with the original plan of having tire/fuel depletion on NORMAL.

Driver Briefing
Please, everyone make sure you have read everything in the OP on procedures.

The simulated driver change is the same for everyone and should be 5 minutes long. If you accidentally go too early, you can self-penalize by going to the pits the next lap and do the remaining time. The same system of self-penalizing should also apply to the track limits. An important note is that the start of your simulated driver change starts the moment the lollipop is raised. So, that is AFTER the tire and fuel service is complete. In contrast with other 2.4 enduros, you can now do the simulated driver change at any time during the race other than the first and last 2 laps.

After 2:24:00.000 (not 2:40:00.000) on the timer, the next time the leader passes start/finish, the leader should announce the checkered flag in the chat. Everyone should save the replay after the race, since it will not be exportable.

After more deliberation between all the stewards, the decision is taken to stick with the original plan of having tire/fuel depletion on NORMAL.

at 2:24 when leader posts checkered flag we finish the lap we are on...correct?

Back