GTP_WRS-Online : Special XVI - #GT300 Triple Mix Championship - Finale - 10 DEC: 2.4 hour endurance

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 917 comments
Okay. Newbie alert.

If you're not supposed to change the car's oil, what do you do when you get the "oil is beginning to deteriorate" warning?

Do you just...buy a new car?

I ask because I've been changing the oil in all the cars, since they gradually lose power.

Okay. Newbie alert.

If you're not supposed to change the car's oil, what do you do when you get the "oil is beginning to deteriorate" warning?

I ask because I've been changing the oil in all the cars, since they gradually lose power.
Do not change Oil on any car, unless its a part of the BoP. The cars last longer and dont change as much and so fast.

Or find the way to keep the car fit for 750-1000km without refreshing oil. tip: its expensive and there's no explicit oil chance done on a new car while it still gets the 5% bonus and it gets to speed at 500km and then there's oil needed. Not before... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Brand new car with oil change is at the same pace, but for 200km straight. There IS a way to keep the perfect car from 500-1500/1750km(car depending) and that's a long driving time.

Last edited:
Okay. Newbie alert.

The oil must to be changed before entering the room for racing.

If the race is long enough (see the 2.4 hour N24) you'll see that gradually power loss. This is the way it is.

This is happening to all of us.

:cheers:

I think it is actually pretty amazing that we are still only just working out the consequences and results of a mechanic we have clearly understood for generations of the game. As much as we like to say the game is all but dead apparently even those of us who have been around for a long time are still learning something.
We're all but at the end of GT6's life and we're only just now working out that for Balance of Performance (BoP) in endurance racing it is inadvisable to do so with oil (unless it is 1-make, or all cars require oil to make the BoP). It is a testament to the creativity of organisers that we've pushed mechanics we know so well to produce interesting and unforeseen circumstances.
Hopefully the discussion here has meant that the potential issues become common knowledge amongst members and we go on to create series in future that negate it and are of a higher quality as a result.

This is a privat video :(
That's because it's really jerky and the quallity is really bad. I had tested streaming on 720p which worked out fine, but it turns out my connection can't handle it for an extended period of time. so next time i'll be aiming for a smooth 480p stream. guess this just has to do with learning more and more about making video's and streaming.

So everyone using RX7 without oil change got advantage over other drivers running other two cars - nice.

Out of sporting behaviour, everyone should run the oil change and run the cars in the spec mentioned in the OP. You can't run the correct power limiter percentage if you don't have an oil change. If it was me alone running the show, I'd disqualify anyone found to make use of this loophole.

From Article 01, section N, of the GTPlanet OLR Rules and Regulations:
When racing or entering GTPlanet's social or competitive race meetings, all drivers are expected to meet the Performance Point criteria. This means setting your car to the maximum PP in social events (unless stated otherwise), or setting your car to a specific PP in competitive events (unless stated otherwise).
If you do not run an oil change this will affect your PP readings as well, which would be in violation of this statement, if I am interpreting it correctly.

From Article 01, section N, of the GTPlanet OLR Rules and Regulations:

If you do not run an oil change this will affect your PP readings as well, which would be in violation of this statement, if I am interpreting it correctly.

Thank you very much for digging that up. Exactly the bit of reasoning I almost forgot to be in there ;)

I apologize for commenting on the oil change exploit.. My intention was not malicious as such..
We used to do it in GTPES and I was told to do it there, but was under the impression it was OK in that instance..
I am now not sure if it really was OK in that instance.. I wont be doing events much longer than an hour now anyway.
Of course the oil change is required for all other league races.. There's no advantage not to as such in a normal race..
Also, may have misunderstood some comments in this convo too, so "my bad"..

I apologize for commenting on the oil change exploit.. My intention was not malicious as such..
We used to do it in GTPES and I was told to do it there, but was under the impression it was OK in that instance..
I am now not sure if it really was OK in that instance.. I wont be doing events much longer than an hour now anyway.
Of course the oil change is required for all other league races.. There's no advantage not to as such in a normal race..
Also, may have misunderstood some comments in this convo too, so "my bad"..

It was a useful discussion to have. Just remember that the GTPES chose against using the GTP OLR as a suplementary rulebook. So running without the oil change was perfectly legal there.

Here is the Power Limiter in red:
full

Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas! I hope you're having a great time with friends and family! Sorry for the delay with the final bracket videos! Guess what I had... no surprise internet troubles (Openreach in the UK is the silliest thing alive, they can delay change over of internet indefinitely if they want, which lasted a week and a half for us :(!). Anyway I've uploaded the first of the races, and what a cracker this is! So much so when I watched it I didn't realise when it was happening live I forgot how to speak during the race haha, so you may hear some new words being made!

I was going to put in something new for the final videos but with no internet I couldn't look into how to develop it :(! What I wanted to do is bring in some graphics with position, driver name and car (With actual graphic movement) but with no internet I couldn't do it! Now I have I just wanted to get the videos out so something for the future I guess!

Never the less enjoy the first race of the final bracket :)! I'm hoping to make these live every Tuesday!

Hey Guys,

Merry Christmas! I hope you're having a great time with friends and family! Sorry for the delay with the final bracket videos! Guess what I had... no surprise internet troubles (Openreach in the UK is the silliest thing alive, they can delay change over of internet indefinitely if they want, which lasted a week and a half for us :(!). Anyway I've uploaded the first of the races, and what a cracker this is! So much so when I watched it I didn't realise when it was happening live I forgot how to speak during the race haha, so you may hear some new words being made!

I was going to put in something new for the final videos but with no internet I couldn't look into how to develop it :(! What I wanted to do is bring in some graphics with position, driver name and car (With actual graphic movement) but with no internet I couldn't do it! Now I have I just wanted to get the videos out so something for the future I guess!

Never the less enjoy the first race of the final bracket :)! I'm hoping to make these live every Tuesday!

Perfect! None the less. Happy holiday and :bowdown: for all you'r work

Happy new year to all WRS guys. :cheers: Realy looking forward to race with you guys in 2017. And a special thanks to Hyperion for taking me on last year. And to Avalerion for giving me a chance to race with the A guys in 24H on the green hell. And a big thanks to team WRS for the impressive race we did on daytona in the 24H race.

Perfect! None the less. Happy holiday and :bowdown: for all you'r work

Very kind words thank you :)!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2017 is a good one for everyone :)!

Well it's Tuesday guys and as this is on a schedule the next one is here (Yay to faster internet to, my uploads now at 1.8mb :D)! Apologies for the slight change in voice as I had a cold when covering the introduction, driver profile and race 2 however it shouldn't affect the video to much :)! Another absolute cracking race for you! Grab some popcorn and a drink, sit back, relax and enjoy :)!

Very kind words thank you :)!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2017 is a good one for everyone :)!

Well it's Tuesday guys and as this is on a schedule the next one is here (Yay to faster internet to, my uploads now at 1.8mb :D)! Apologies for the slight change in voice as I had a cold when covering the introduction, driver profile and race 2 however it shouldn't affect the video to much :)! Another absolute cracking race for you! Grab some popcorn and a drink, sit back, relax and enjoy :)!

ate my popcorn too fast. really cool race and utterly excellent commentary throughout the race :bowdown:

ate my popcorn too fast. really cool race and utterly excellent commentary throughout the race :bowdown:

To kind :)!

So it's Tuesday! It means another video and this time it's the night race :embarrassed:! Another cracking couple of races, with some intense racing throughout! Got a bit excited in parts especially when I did the Room B so Mic goes a bit extreme at the start of that one, need to try and learn how to conquer the spikes :(! Non the less still a cracking video to watch in my opinion :)!

Enjoy!

Normally I say it's Tuesday but it's Wednesday so you can blame the internet for this one :P! Had some internet problems yesterday so got home and it was only 70% uploaded :(!

However not to complain here it is! The first race at Le Mans :)!

Enjoy :)

To supplement @Tidgney's video here is my on-board video from the race, featuring @StigsTC, who was invisible to the main race broadcast. Stigs and I actually had a rather nice battle throughout the duration of the race and it's certainly deserving of a mention. Hope you all enjoy!

Back