GTP_WRS-Online : Special XVI - #GT300 Triple Mix Championship - Finale - 10 DEC: 2.4 hour endurance

• Thread starter GTP_Dutchy
  • 917 comments
ready to go endurance racing!!!!
IMG_3170.JPG

Great , stuck in the pit , and iam willing too bet a fair amount off money on its due too the great driver change rule , all was working great untill i pressed on pause :banghead: :boggled: :(

18 attempts at a clean lap and not a single one achieved. Never had so much trouble at this track since 2007 when I was learning the damn place. Disgusted with that drive as that was utterly pathetic and ruined what should have been a very enjoyable race.
Congrats to the guys who kept it pointing straight and to the guy who did that while staying fast.

Great , stuck in the pit , and iam willing too bet a fair amount off money on its due too the great driver change rule , all was working great untill i pressed on pause :banghead: :boggled: :(
Did the PS3 froze Lars? That realy sucks. I'm sorry that ruined you'r race, i was looking forward to race with you.

Very happy that the Championship we imagined more than two years ago could become a reality. Awesome work from Kevin, Bart, and the rest of the WRS staff. Great attendance at every race specially this late in the game's life cycle. Had great fun even if I was somehow stuck in the Alien pool in Room A. Humbling experience to race against them every other Saturday.

It was first time I've raced enduro and noticed strange thing - top speed droped for 3 km/h in the end. Is it normal. I changed oil before race and after race oil quality was good, PP also were 548 (Lexus), so I dont understand why top speed droped.

It was first time I've raced enduro and noticed strange thing - top speed droped for 3 km/h in the end. Is it normal. I changed oil before race and after race oil quality was good, PP also were 548 (Lexus), so I dont understand why top speed droped.
Mine did to. Lost 3-5 km/h on the last 6-8 laps. But after the race, i looked and the car looked fine. It had only run 96 km. That i dont understand. Think it Got somthing with the oilchange

Mine did to. Lost 3-5 km/h on the last 6-8 laps. But after the race, i looked and the car looked fine. It had only run 96 km. That i dont understand. Think it Got somthing with the oilchange

That sounds right, you get engine wear over time of the race but because the race ended before the full lap count it did not save the engine wear.
If you had raced until the end of the lap count or alloted time like a normal race GT6 would of saved the engine wear and the drop in bhp.

That sounds right, you get engine wear over time of the race but because the race ended before the full lap count it did not save the engine wear.
If you had raced until the end of the lap count or alloted time like a normal race GT6 would of saved the engine wear and the drop in bhp.
That makes sence. Thanks for pointing that out :cheers:

In GT6 cars deteriorate faster after an oil change.. a lot faster.. After two hours HP will begin to drop..
You could probably do maybe six hours without, not sure but a lot longer.. The reason for no mileage on the car is we didn't complete the 20 laps.. If you stop before the end it wont register on the car..

edit:
Hasslemoff's comment didn't post before I started this one, and I type really slow..
Always make a long race for yourself in your own lobby if you need to test and save the car..
Just exit before the finish.. Multiple good reasons.. Too lazy to paint and # a new car ("me") LOL.
If it's a tuned car you don't need to prep another..(very useful).. 1 MIL+ credits classic car..
Never oil change those if possible.. And for confirming/experimenting race strats and save the car.

Imagine how fast Kjeld would have been in GTPES without oil changes.. that's scary..:D

Last edited:
Welcome back to the "missing" JT..( euclid).it was an absolute pleasure dicing with you again....and in an endurance race like the bad ole AJ days in DART. I NEVER have to worry when we are dicing your car control allows very ...as in VERY ..close racing without the fear of being punted. Hope to see more of you in our weekly endeavours.

It seems I am once again to be the Hall Monitor ( student who keeps the other children in order). I went and watched the Room B replays last night and noticed some very uncontrolled driving and/or overly testosterone influnced passing attempts. All were from faster drivers who had fallen off the island and were intent on getting back to where they thought they belonged. As the talking heads say on TV.. the slower car can not hide, nor is it his responsibility to. Find a clean way to do the deed...and if you can't...too bad. You'll have to hope for a mistake. Here in WRS we pride ourselves on good car control and racecraft.

Nuff rambling from the very tired ole guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's a coincidence that there's a horror movie called "The Ring." :)

Despite making quite a few errors along the way, I had a great time racing with the folks in room B. Thank you to everyone who helped me out— I'm new to the game and the tips were very appreciated. If another season gets started up, I will most definitely be back (without the bad passing)!

edit: Huge thank you to everyone who put the series together.

Last edited:
Oil change gives your car 5% more torque at all RPM, and thus 5% more max power on the setting screen.
Oil change lasts 200km (8 laps at Nord, about 1:10)
Between 200-300km, Oil change deteriorates linearly, removing the 5% boost.
At 300km, all effects of Oil change have ended (12 laps at Nord, about 1:45)
So everyone had 4-5 laps with no oil at the end, causing some interesting speed differences.
And as stated above, when you exit the race early you effectively reset all the racing you've done, as for whatever reason GT6 doesn't count it. Same happens when you DC.

Science aside, huge thanks to the WRS team for running this, and being ever so kind as to nudge the start time by an hour so guys in the southern hemisphere could come play as well. When I first saw the series back at the start of the year I was gutted I couldn't come do it because it looked amazing, so it was fantastic to actually be able to get in on the action for Brackets 2 and 3 when it restarted.
I can only be apologetic for being salty so often, but I'm only happy when I've run a clean race without stupid mistakes and through the series I made a whole lot of stupid mistakes. To me the result isn't as important as how it came about, and how I feel I drove to achieve that. I haven't been so annoyed with my efforts since the early GTPES, so that's a solid tick of approval for how challenging and competitive the series has been.
Huge congrats to PASM, 5zigen, McSqueegy, Windfire and Alfa-avanti for your Room A Race and Bracket wins (I have no idea what happened at Spa after my internet exploded so sorry if anyone got a win there and I missed it)
Again huge thanks to the WRS team, Kevin for his tireless work, PASM, Patrick and Gravitron for hosting and no doubt working away behind the scenes, looking forward to the next special event as racing is where the fun is at.

well... roomup!

when I started the race yesterday I did so with my Subaru having the yellow light illuminated for chassis loosening. But since the car and I were doing so well I decided to RISK it. During the race it passed the nice car I had come to love and transitioned to Godzilla trying to slide off gently ( fwd) thus detracting from my comfort zone. My. times were similar but I had to be very vigilant for regular little twitches that progressed into minor OFFS.

So I just restored the car and went 5 seconds faster than ever before on my second lap...

do not race your car with pit stop alarms on...and of course don't change the oil.

Last edited:
do not race your car with pit stop alarms on...and of course don't change the oil.
You are correct on warning lights, chassis failing and engines wearing out is not good for any race, but oil is just a little bit trickier:

If your race is under 200km nothing wrong with using oil.
However if the BoP NEEDS oil to get to the hp requirement, this is where things get fun. For longer races over 200km, you have to start looking at your options.
If the power limit is at 100% (no limiting) you may as well use the oil as your car after 300km will be the same as if you hadn't used oil, so for the first 200km you have a small power advantage compared to not doing it.
Once you introduce power limiting your non-oil car will be faster after 300km than your oiled car. You then have to try and work out if the time you lose for the first 200km with less power is going to be larger or smaller than the time you lose at 200+km when the oil deteriorates. This depends on how long the race is, and how much time you will lose.

For the Triple Mix only the RX-7 had a very flat power curve, so max hp could be achieved with and without oil, so no oil on that probably cost very little if nothing for the first 200km, however after 300km, the time gain would have been pretty big considering we drove to 430km meaning you spent 130km at 390hp while your oiled car would be at about 370. (And that ignores the 100km where the oiled car went from 390-370hp).

As always with racing, it's never a yes/no answer, there is always some form of complicated "Yes with an if" or a "No with a but".

Back