GTP_WRS-Online : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 188 comments
Getting gold in all the GT Academy rounds gets you the cars from GT Academy when they are made available. The 370Z version has been available in GT5 for the entire lifespan of the game as far as I know. It's available from a level 12 or a 2008 ticket.

The only missing element at this time would be Motegi itself, and PD hasn't announced when that will be made available, or if it will at all.

Good point - I guess the 370Z is always available in GT5 and we'll just have to see about the Motegi track(s).

If a GTA2012 themed event does come up and the cars can't be traded, people better get to work before the contest ends! I've got mine locked down already just in case. It would be kind of fun to race the GT Academy livery cars with different paint jobs.

Yes, we'd definitely encourage everyone to grind through the GTA events to get the cars... just in case. There are a few boring events in there, but a bunch are pretty fun and they are all relatively easy to gold, mostly on the first try if you don't care about the time. We've done so for the main 3D3 account so we'd have the cars in that garage, but it's probable they won't be trade-able.

We'll see what PD has in mind for Motegi... we're all assuming it will be released in GT5, but that's not 100% and even if so timing is unknown and whether it'll be DLC or just a free update. I'd bet on DLC myself.

A new track after all this time (we haven't had a *real* new track since Spa)? I think you can safely bet we'd figure out a way to use it. :sly:

Not a race suggestion, per se - but is there a longer-term chance we can get little text links for the rego/gdocs stuff? Only if you can manage it without being too ugly - I can work around it even on the phone, I guess, but I'm mostly on an actual computer at work - which is a bad place to post, mostly!

Not a race suggestion, per se - but is there a longer-term chance we can get little text links for the rego/gdocs stuff? Only if you can manage it without being too ugly - I can work around it even on the phone, I guess, but I'm mostly on an actual computer at work - which is a bad place to post, mostly!

By that you mean instead of having just an image linked to the sign-up form? If so, that should be pretty easy to manage... I know on the iphone app links from images are problematic.

By that you mean instead of having just an image linked to the sign-up form? If so, that should be pretty easy to manage... I know on the iphone app links from images are problematic.

As well as, even if it's not next to the image link, rather than instead of, yeah. Whatever works for both form and function.

Sorta like this, maybe:

{*}

As well as, even if it's not next to the image link, rather than instead of, yeah.

Sorta like this, maybe:

{*}

Check out the current thread (legacy)... I put the link in the registration instruction (where it says online registration form) in addition to the image above... does that work?

I guess GT Academy 2012 confirms that they don't have Silverstone modeled, or at least fully modeled to a ready to use state. Would have been the perfect time to implement the track.

Check out the current thread (legacy)... I put the link in the registration instruction (where it says online registration form) in addition to the image above... does that work?

It surely does 👍

Agreed on the Silverstone thing, but we can always hope they'll surprise us at some stage. It would be very high on my list of wanted tracks (all after Mt Panorama, naturally :D )

2.4 Hour at La Sarthe choosing between XJ13, 330 P4, and Mark IV.

I know expensive, but thats what time and the grinder are for.

EDK
You must have been channeling me with this suggestion. :sly:

I've been pushing for these cars since the Spa Enduro planning. :dopey:

What about some Nostalgia races or WRS Nostalgia week.

Some examples Classic American muscle cars, European classics and Far east Classics with the 20 millions as the final race based around the same settings as the World tour special event.

What about some Nostalgia races or WRS Nostalgia week.

Some examples Classic American muscle cars, European classics and Far east Classics with the 20 millions as the final race based around the same settings as the World tour special event.

Well I can tell you that 1 of your wishes will come true - and relatively soon :sly:

But no details for now :cool:

I remember someone mentioning something that Kevin edited out to add the element of surprise before, that could be interesting.

I also remember Tim talking about some sort of "mentoring" week. That also could be very interesting, although I'm not sure exactly what Tim had in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
The mentoring idea had a few shapes, and only gets tossed around as an Idea from time to time in conversation.
I remember one plan was to have a small (4 events over 4 weeks - in the same cars, etc.) race series where drivers were split into teams and the team results would matter almost as much as individual results. - Sort of like F1 teams. An overall winner, and a team Championship.
Teams would be split up according to divisions with each team having an even mix of divisions.
For example, if 15 drivers joined, and conveniently there was an even mix of all divisions among the drivers, then there would be 3 teams of 5 drivers with one driver from each division on each team. Even with an unbalanced number of entrants in any division (100% more likely ;)), evening the teams for this type of event would be pretty simple. As simple as taking the drivers and dividing them according to their current handicap (realistically teams of 3 or 4 would be more ideal).
In order to win the overall title, the teams would by default have to share advice on tunes, technique, race stratgey, etc.

As special events go though, we have enough events currently in development to last until December / January at this point - and if PD drops another track by New years' (a guy can dream :D) then it's into February.
But I'd never rule out anything.... Motegi was a nice surprise, and it's a special event already.

I remember someone mentioning something that Kevin edited out to add the element of surprise before, that could be interesting.

:lol: Oops, did I spill the beans?

The mentoring idea had a few shapes, and only gets tossed around as an Idea from time to time in conversation.
I remember one plan was to have a small (4 events over 4 weeks - in the same cars, etc.) race series where drivers were split into teams and the team results would matter almost as much as individual results. - Sort of like F1 teams. An overall winner, and a team Championship.
Teams would be split up according to divisions with each team having an even mix of divisions.
For example, if 15 drivers joined, and conveniently there was an even mix of all divisions among the drivers, then there would be 3 teams of 5 drivers with one driver from each division on each team. Even with an unbalanced number of entrants in any division (100% more likely ;)), evening the teams for this type of event would be pretty simple. As simple as taking the drivers and dividing them according to their current handicap (realistically teams of 3 or 4 would be more ideal).
In order to win the overall title, the teams would by default have to share advice on tunes, technique, race stratgey, etc.

As special events go though, we have enough events currently in development to last until December / January at this point - and if PD drops another track by New years' (a guy can dream :D) then it's into February.
But I'd never rule out anything.... Motegi was a nice surprise, and it's a special event already.

I like this idea, it's something I've thought of before and could be fun and a way to get to know fellow drivers better.

I have a feeling we will get at least one more track but I have nothing to base that on. Just hope and wishful thinking.:)

I personally favor the mentoring idea without any individual driver title/points at all. 100% team based series that way all focus is on the team aspect. Every series I've run where there is a team and individual championship the team always ends up as an afterthought.

And I love Clio Trophy Cup cars... I've wanted to do a mini-series with those... maybe the combination of those ideas would be fun.

One idea I had for team points would be to use the handicap as a point multiplier so that the results of the lower division drivers are actually more important. Not sure a straight multiple would be ideal, but something along those lines.

Ya i would agree compleatly with this team stratagy would spice things up alot. What about running this race as a mini endurance race 1 hour or somethin with only some tyres available and make it mandatory to use all tyre types in that hour.This would also spice it u a bit

Ya i would agree compleatly with this team stratagy would spice things up alot. What about running this race as a mini endurance race 1 hour or somethin with only some tyres available and make it mandatory to use all tyre types in that hour.This would also spice it u a bit

You need to get to know us a bit better it would seem :lol:
All of our regular weekly races last about an hour, and our Special Event Enduros last about 2.4 hours. (Although none have had this proposed mentoring setup in the mix).
Current and recent past event details are here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=248
Be sure to check out the OE Archives at the top of the page there and you will see some great Enduro races, amongst other things.

While your at it, check this out, and if you feel like 'going official' and running the WRS qualifier you can race in these events in the future 👍

Like I posted in the TT suggestion thread. Super GT at Le Sarthe. PP limit as well so we can have an open choice of what car to drive to mix the field up a bit.

Any weekend events going to happen in the future? I work 2nd shift so I don't get off until 10pm PST.

Did you see the thread for the next Enduro? Sat Aug 4 support races and Sun Aug 5 main event. Beyond that, I believe we have similar special events lined up for a few months after that, usually one per month, and usually on weekends.

Also, each week's Wed races are typically re-run for fun on Saturdays, and those kind of meet-ups are usually discussed in the relevant weekly race thread.

Looking forward to your return! 👍

Like I posted in the TT suggestion thread. Super GT at Le Sarthe. PP limit as well so we can have an open choice of what car to drive to mix the field up a bit.

GT500 cars are always on our minds. The only problem with the Pp limit is that it really doesn't balance the cars-even in reasonably similar cars.
For example, ICGTC has done extensive balancing and the only 4 cars that can be "matched" easily (no extra parts, pl @100%, 30 kg added to all but the Motul) are these:
Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
Nissan AUTECH MOTUL GT-R
Bhp: 518
Weight: 1130 kg
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 100%
Allowed mods: Rigidity Improvement
They actually balance all the top GT 500 cars- have a look at what it takes: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=253063
Quite interesting IMO.

When Tim and I ran in a GT500 series that was only limited by Pp the Hondas didn't stand a chance (I had to switch from my beloved Raybrig after 2 races when I was lapping 2 -3 seconds slower at IRC :() and the Lexus' were pretty uncompetitive too. Aliens could win in them, but they could probably could have beat me in a GT300 at the time :lol:

Even with 4 cars though, GT 500 races are awesome, so don't worry, they will surface again at some point 👍
Our first ever 3D3 Special event (before it became GTP / WRS) was actually a GT500 Invitational Tournament and we wound up using the 4 cars listed above even though more were offered. It was awesome fun :D

Is it possible to give the NSX a slight boost for performance reasons?

Shame though, the Epson NSX has my number on it. :sly:

I suppose anything is possibly, but that doesn't mean we will do it ;)
Part of the balance equation with a series is that cars may (will) have certain advantages at different tracks. It's over a season that they wind up working out.
Of course, we could just use Hondas exclusively :sly: I certainly wouldn't object.

Here's the Honda stats:
Honda ARTA NSX
Honda RAYBRIG NSX
Honda TAKATA DOME NSX
Bhp: 512
Weight: 1100 kg
PP: RAYBRIG: 606 | TAKATA DOME/ARTA: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: RAYBRIG: 96,1% | TAKATA DOME/ARTA: 94,4%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement

Honda EPSON NSX
Bhp: 532
Weight: 1150
PP: 607 (With Full Aero)
PL: 99,7%
Allowed Mods: Turbo Stage 2, Rigidity Improvement
Even they have 3 different regs/ setups for 4 cars :(
Too bad The PP system isn't terribly accurate. I really hate lengthy staging processes when it comes to reg checking prior to the races.

Sounds like it would be too much hassle. Although, I'd be fine with any of the Super GT. I'm quite fond of the Petronas SC430 because of the Petronas livery.

Before I put my focus into WRS recently, all I mainly raced online was with my friends doing NASCAR @ Daytona and FGT @ Indy. So this has all been a change of pace for me.

For example, ICGTC has done extensive balancing...

Just to give proper credit all that car equalization work was done by PURE and ICGTC was given permission to use those specs.

You can see the full specs here.

Guess I was wrong. Upon looking, the Woodone Advan Clarion GTR has my number on it. :sly:

Which is the only 'oddball' of the GT-R group :lol:
I don't rememeber exactly why, but that car just isn't as fast as the others. IIRC the torque is a bit lower, and it's the only GTR with a different tire manufacturer. Whether or not the tires actually make any difference is beyond me.

Of course, if we did ever have a 'bring what you like' GT500 series, we could always just ask Wardez if it's cool that we use the PURE specs. He'd probably be racing in it anyway :D
I have a feeling if you asked him anything right now, he'd just say yes before the question was finished - GT Academy Finalists I imagine are a very happy bunch ATM :lol:

Back