GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

Discussion in 'GTP Weekly Race Series Time Trials' started by Sjaak, Nov 3, 2008.

1. GTP_Guido

GTP_Guido Premium

This one is still waiting :gtpflag:

[​IMG]

2. The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

I have another suggestion :D

Zonda R
    Tunning
    Super softs
    Nordschleife

Grim :bowdown:

3. roamer2629

roamer2629

You madman :lol:

Bass Addict, GTP_GDS and hirnsauger69 like this.
  4. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I have another suggestion too, if these weekly WRS Time Trials that we are doing now, we should be allowed to tune the cars :). @The Grim Reaper is on the right track on this :cheers:.

The Grim Reaper and Bass Addict like this.
  5. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

We have had some that allow tuning and I feel as though we are due one soon...

Bass Addict and fordlaser like this.
  6. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

All the time would be good, than just now and then.

Bass Addict and Hasnain282 like this.
  7. GTP_Dutchy

GTP_Dutchy Premium

All the time is not going to work since the majority of the wrs don't seem to like them that much. (we can tell by participation) It appeals to a different crowd. But we do recognize that a tuning combo is due soonish. To be continued...

8. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

It's a shame tuning is not allowed all the time, but it should be all the time.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Bass Addict likes this.
  9. andrew1990

andrew1990

2016 Lexus GT500 at the full Nurburgring Nordschleife N24. Ideally with tuning. RS tyres to really show the grip that the car has.

10. Renrag39

Renrag39 Premium

Porsche Cayman gr.4
    Lago Maggiore West Reverse
    Sport Mediums

11. Saur

Saur

Had a drive with the ‘09 911 GT3 with sport mediums on Nurburgring GP, I was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and well-balanced the combo was. I’d suggest at least giving the car a try, it’s really nice to drive.

roamer2629, Gordy749 and hirnsauger69 like this.
  12. Gordy749

Gordy749

Zee Germans are invading! 996 or 997 Porsche GT3 at Alsace.

roamer2629 and hirnsauger69 like this.
  13. Mr P

Mr P

Just a thought...

maybe give fetchy a rest week off for all its hard work and run a no splits sharing WRS event.. instead of posting splits just post something like took another .5 off or .3 at the line etc.. maybe this will change the orders at the end of the week and make for an interesting and maybe even less predictable finish :idea:

Just a thought like I said... but how far do we really push when we don't have some form of comparison guidance eh? I would be interested as a one off event anyway :tup:

:gtpflag:

14. SRT DK Racing

SRT DK Racing

Lexus `16 Gr2 - suzuka ......... I know suzuka is the track that have been used most , but not for a Gr2 car and the lexus truly feels at home on suzuka :)

15. RuddRacer

RuddRacer

It may not be a good WRS weekly combo but I had an absolute blast driving the Ferrari 458 on SS at Dragon Gardens II while doing a GT League race.

8l23ub, roamer2629, Saur and 2 others like this.
  16. 8l23ub

8l23ub

I have been using the same car for the GT League, loved it aroun Kyoto, would love to see you guys blast the Dino around Yamagiwa.

17. roamer2629

roamer2629

Duly noted :tup:

8l23ub, hirnsauger69 and RuddRacer like this.
  18. SRT DK Racing

SRT DK Racing

is there a kind of time period one can assume whether one's proposal will be used, thinking whether one for example can say that if it has not become something after six weeks then one can assume that it probably wount be done - how far ahead do the different combo`s get planned - 1 week 2 week`s or ?

19. EDK

EDK Moderator

We usually have 3 or 4 combos in the pipeline, and we work to keep things fresh.

We try and rotate the tracks in priority order (tracks that were last used the longest time ago are generally used first).

From there, we try and create a nice balance between road cars and race cars, along with varying drivetrains and tire compound.

We also try to rotate the track layout that we use, we try and use all of the various layouts of any given main track, but generally will use the more common/popular layout with more frequency. We last used Suzuka about 12 weeks ago, in a gr. 3 race car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-53-cat-scratch-fever.383527/

So some of these other tracks we have been using right now were last used a further 10 weeks or so back. Fuji in week 45, Willow in week 44.

The last 2 times we've used Suzuka, we used the full layout, so next time we use it, more likely we will use the East Course. And probably in some sort of race car, since the other couple times we ran there it was in a road car.

Last time we used the East Course was all the way back in week 23, May of 2018.

Your combo makes sense on paper. We normally test these things with multiple folks, try and get an opinion from a controller driver, and preferably a range of division abilities.

But likely scenario is that a combo you asked about in January, a month after we used full Suz, fits into the rotation in September or October. And that partly depends on whether PD gives us any new tracks in the meantime.

20. SRT DK Racing

SRT DK Racing

thank you for your complete answer, you or others were not supposed to spend so much time on my question but appreciate your time , very nice of you :cheers:

Thorin Cain and MrCooper like this.
  21. oldguy58

oldguy58 Premium

I want to start by thanking everyone involved in making all of this possible, you guy's go above and beyond to run a fair, tight ship that's fun! :bowdown:

Ok had a hair brain idea, well in my case a bald spot idea.:lol:

New twist on TT
    3 - 5 laps depending on circuit
    All laps counting including start lap
    Post lap 1 thru 4 in the thread for fetchy to pick up. Sending the final lap via message to fetchy when done. Position would be determined by best 5 lap combined time if I'm understanding how fetchy does his thing.

No patched together laps meaning it can't be lap 5 thru 10 of a 20 lap session. Replay of start and 4 following timed laps, 5 total. Ending at the T1 line on lap 6.

You never know, it might shake up the order some and maybe even attract some new drivers.

Old guy exit stage left :tup:

:cheers:
    :gtpflag:

22. EDK

EDK Moderator

We did this 2 lapper, but it seems like nobody liked it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-62-double-vision.385082/

We only got 13 submissions.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/62/

roamer2629, oldguy58 and Gravitron like this.