GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
All the time is not going to work since the majority of the wrs don't seem to like them that much. (we can tell by participation) It appeals to a different crowd. But we do recognize that a tuning combo is due soonish. To be continued...
It's a shame tuning is not allowed all the time, but it should be all the time.

Last edited:
Just a thought...

maybe give fetchy a rest week off for all its hard work and run a no splits sharing WRS event.. instead of posting splits just post something like took another .5 off or .3 at the line etc.. maybe this will change the orders at the end of the week and make for an interesting and maybe even less predictable finish 💡

Just a thought like I said... but how far do we really push when we don't have some form of comparison guidance eh? I would be interested as a one off event anyway 👍

:gtpflag:

is there a kind of time period one can assume whether one's proposal will be used, thinking whether one for example can say that if it has not become something after six weeks then one can assume that it probably wount be done - how far ahead do the different combo`s get planned - 1 week 2 week`s or ?

is there a kind of time period one can assume whether one's proposal will be used, thinking whether one for example can say that if it has not become something after six weeks then one can assume that it probably wount be done - how far ahead do the different combo`s get planned - 1 week 2 week`s or ?
We usually have 3 or 4 combos in the pipeline, and we work to keep things fresh.

We try and rotate the tracks in priority order (tracks that were last used the longest time ago are generally used first).

From there, we try and create a nice balance between road cars and race cars, along with varying drivetrains and tire compound.

We also try to rotate the track layout that we use, we try and use all of the various layouts of any given main track, but generally will use the more common/popular layout with more frequency. We last used Suzuka about 12 weeks ago, in a gr. 3 race car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-53-cat-scratch-fever.383527/

So some of these other tracks we have been using right now were last used a further 10 weeks or so back. Fuji in week 45, Willow in week 44.

The last 2 times we've used Suzuka, we used the full layout, so next time we use it, more likely we will use the East Course. And probably in some sort of race car, since the other couple times we ran there it was in a road car.

Last time we used the East Course was all the way back in week 23, May of 2018.

Your combo makes sense on paper. We normally test these things with multiple folks, try and get an opinion from a controller driver, and preferably a range of division abilities.

But likely scenario is that a combo you asked about in January, a month after we used full Suz, fits into the rotation in September or October. And that partly depends on whether PD gives us any new tracks in the meantime.

EDK
We usually have 3 or 4 combos in the pipeline, and we work to keep things fresh.

We try and rotate the tracks in priority order (tracks that were last used the longest time ago are generally used first).

From there, we try and create a nice balance between road cars and race cars, along with varying drivetrains and tire compound.

We also try to rotate the track layout that we use, we try and use all of the various layouts of any given main track, but generally will use the more common/popular layout with more frequency. We last used Suzuka about 12 weeks ago, in a gr. 3 race car.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-53-cat-scratch-fever.383527/

So some of these other tracks we have been using right now were last used a further 10 weeks or so back. Fuji in week 45, Willow in week 44.

The last 2 times we've used Suzuka, we used the full layout, so next time we use it, more likely we will use the East Course. And probably in some sort of race car, since the other couple times we ran there it was in a road car.

Last time we used the East Course was all the way back in week 23, May of 2018.

Your combo makes sense on paper. We normally test these things with multiple folks, try and get an opinion from a controller driver, and preferably a range of division abilities.

But likely scenario is that a combo you asked about in January, a month after we used full Suz, fits into the rotation in September or October. And that partly depends on whether PD gives us any new tracks in the meantime.

thank you for your complete answer, you or others were not supposed to spend so much time on my question but appreciate your time , very nice of you :cheers:

I want to start by thanking everyone involved in making all of this possible, you guy's go above and beyond to run a fair, tight ship that's fun! :bowdown:

Ok had a hair brain idea, well in my case a bald spot idea.:lol:

New twist on TT
3 - 5 laps depending on circuit
All laps counting including start lap
Post lap 1 thru 4 in the thread for fetchy to pick up. Sending the final lap via message to fetchy when done. Position would be determined by best 5 lap combined time if I'm understanding how fetchy does his thing.

No patched together laps meaning it can't be lap 5 thru 10 of a 20 lap session. Replay of start and 4 following timed laps, 5 total. Ending at the T1 line on lap 6.

You never know, it might shake up the order some and maybe even attract some new drivers.

Old guy exit stage left 👍

:cheers:

I want to start by thanking everyone involved in making all of this possible, you guy's go above and beyond to run a fair, tight ship that's fun! :bowdown:

Ok had a hair brain idea, well in my case a bald spot idea.:lol:

New twist on TT
3 - 5 laps depending on circuit
All laps counting including start lap
Post lap 1 thru 4 in the thread for fetchy to pick up. Sending the final lap via message to fetchy when done. Position would be determined by best 5 lap combined time if I'm understanding how fetchy does his thing.

No patched together laps meaning it can't be lap 5 thru 10 of a 20 lap session. Replay of start and 4 following timed laps, 5 total. Ending at the T1 line on lap 6.

You never know, it might shake up the order some and maybe even attract some new drivers.

Old guy exit stage left 👍

:cheers:
We did this 2 lapper, but it seems like nobody liked it.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-62-double-vision.385082/

We only got 13 submissions.

http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GTSport/results/62/

Maybe a unicorn race for week 100? I know they are hard to get but a milestone week deserves a decent car imo ;) just a thought!
wavey.gif

edit: failing that just unpack the GT40 '66 again as the next best thing 👍

Last edited:
Back