GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
I have a suggestion. If EDK can choose 3 tracks & 3 cars, then we all get a secret vote. The car/track with the most votes would be the next WRS. Thoughts

Yes. I like it. Good suggestion Mignun!

I have another one, has anyone ever thought about a points system?
Say, for instance, 8 points for 1st place in each division, 6 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th, 1 for 5th.

I've no idea how it could be implemented or even if it would work, it's just a quick thought i've just had. It might give people the incentive to submit times they're not particularly proud of on the chance they might pick up a point or 2.

We would carry the points over from week to week and have a series of seasons. After each season, maybe lasting 3 months, the points go back to zero and we start again.

If you read what some of the WRS guyZ are driving off late I guess Kevin could know how to please them when concocting a new combo :D :D :D

I have a suggestion. If EDK can choose 3 tracks & 3 cars, then we all get a secret vote. The car/track with the most votes would be the next WRS. Thoughts

I had the exact same idea. So I second your suggestion Mignun

I think that seeing as GT5P's days are now numbered the last few WRS's should be decided by a ballot.

I have an idea but it may be a bit complicated to act out.
I'm not sure if its been done before either but I'll try to explain the best I can.

Each Division would have their own specific car for the week.
Cars chosen from their respective ranking times (like below) at the track
This could/would end up making the times all very close.

Bassically cars chosen would be roughly like this:
D1s car: 10th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D2s car: 40th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D3s car: 70th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D4s car: 100th ranking @ 1:30.xxx

I'm thinking that the D1 drivers could get into the top 10 times & D4s could get into the top 100.
I'd guess any track could work with this.
Does that all make sense? Anybody think its a decent idea?

I would like it very much if we could re-do the original WRS Prologue qualifier - F430 @ Suzuka TT - as one of the final combos before GT5 gets delivered. I had so much fun driving that combo.

I had the exact same idea. So I second your suggestion Mignun

I think that seeing as GT5P's days are now numbered the last few WRS's should be decided by a ballot.

I'll consider putting some of the remaining events up to a ballot. I have some things in mind that I want to get done before Prologue WRS is over, so putting all of the weeks up to a vote simply won't be possible.

I have an idea but it may be a bit complicated to act out.
I'm not sure if its been done before either but I'll try to explain the best I can.

Each Division would have their own specific car for the week.
Cars chosen from their respective ranking times (like below) at the track
This could/would end up making the times all very close.

Bassically cars chosen would be roughly like this:
D1s car: 10th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D2s car: 40th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D3s car: 70th ranking @ 1:30.xxx
D4s car: 100th ranking @ 1:30.xxx

I'm thinking that the D1 drivers could get into the top 10 times & D4s could get into the top 100.
I'd guess any track could work with this.
Does that all make sense? Anybody think its a decent idea?

We've run 3 handicap races in GTP_WRS.

Week 46
was a tuning event with adjusted power in the Mines Skyline.

Week 51 used 1 car for each division, as you are suggesting.

Week 69 also used 1 car per division.

The limited number of cars on Prologue make one of these fairly difficult to piece together and have them be competitive. I'll look again to see if one more is possible. If we do another handicap, it might need to be a power adjusted tuning event, like week 46.

I read on the WRS statistics thread that out of the 74 cars in prologue only the Daihatsu OFC and the GT tuned Lotus havent been used.

How about a reverse in reverse race, the high speed ring reverse in reverse gear for example!

A nice fun event, ready for when the serious events start back up with GT5.

EDK
I'll consider putting some of the remaining events up to a ballot. I have some things in mind that I want to get done before Prologue WRS is over, so putting all of the weeks up to a vote simply won't be possible.
Thanks,

I wasn't suggesting that all remaining events go up for ballot, only a couple.

It would also be a good idea to run events with the 2 cars yet to be used (as suggested above) that way the GT5:P WRS Events will have used all the available cars before moving on to GT5

Thanks,

I wasn't suggesting that all remaining events go up for ballot, only a couple.

It would also be a good idea to run events with the 2 cars yet to be used (as suggested above) that way the GT5:P WRS Events will have used all the available cars before moving on to GT5

I've already got the "all the cars" part covered. See the most recent posts in the statistics thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115513

I'm still on the fence about the OFC. I tested something again last night, and it's just a horrible little car. I may allow it to live in infamy. ;)

Dont forget, that if you use all the cars from prologue, you have set yourself a precedent and will therefore be obliged to use all the cars from GT5!

The OFC is fun, admittedly it does about 4mph, but fun!

I would love to see a WRS with the Skyline Concept. Really love that car. Don't mind the track that much aslong it is not London or HSR Suzuka East.

Isn't she beautiful, and such a pleasure to drive

infiniticoupe-offl00001.jpg

How about another handicapped event. Never had a chance to participate in one.

Now that we have some extra WRS weeks available with the delay of GT5 can I suggest doing an event on Eiger (hopefully Reverse)?
Maybe in a Tuned Lotus or a Tuned Cappucino? I would say integra but that was part of the 3 choice WRS not long ago.

Don't recall if it's been done yet or not, but the F1 car at Fuji would be neat.

Jerome

Don't recall if it's been done yet or not, but the F1 car at Fuji would be neat.

Jerome

Jerome, is there ANY picture of Gemma Arterton you haven't used as an avatar this month? :lol:

As for suggestions, maybe the Lotus Evora or Ferrari California at Suzuka full or Suzuka East? I think they've only been used once each.

All the best
Maz

I was thinking about that lately, what about an all aids on time trial. It's been since I have my wheel (about a year and a half now) that I'm driving without aids, it would be hard since most of us are driving all aids off. :D

EDIT: When we will know GT5's new release date, it would be cool that the last combo would be the RX7 at Fuji F to see our improvements since the beginning. :)

Last edited:
I think when GT5 is released there should at least be one week off of WRS. I love WRS and want to participate in every event but for the first little bit I think everybody will need to build up their licences, credits and garage.

What do you guys think? Is it just me?

I think when GT5 is released there should at least be one week off of WRS. I love WRS and want to participate in every event but for the first little bit I think everybody will need to build up their licences, credits and garage.

What do you guys think? Is it just me?
I think WRS stops in GT5 prologue before GT5 is out. Week 104 would be the last one if it wasn't delayed.

Prologue WRS will probably end the week before GT5 arrives.
But the qualifier that you will have to do to enter GT5 WRS will be a combo for which you will need (almost) no licences, credits or garage. Quite but not very soon after the qualifier is being published, a first WRS combo shall be published. My guess is that for the first few GT5 combos cars and tracks will be picked that are easily available. At least, that is what I understood from Kevin's earlier remarks.

Kev, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think WRS stops in GT5 prologue before GT5 is out. Week 104 would be the last one if it wasn't delayed.

Right. 👍

Prologue WRS will probably end the week before GT5 arrives.
But the qualifier that you will have to do to enter GT5 WRS will be a combo for which you will need (almost) no licences, credits or garage. Quite but not very soon after the qualifier is being published, a first WRS combo shall be published. My guess is that for the first few GT5 combos cars and tracks will be picked that are easily available. At least, that is what I understood from Kevin's earlier remarks.

Kev, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I did remark that we SHOULD be able to put a qualifier up soon enough that we should not need to continue with Prologue WRS once GT5 is widely available.

Right now, there are a lot of moving parts. When will the game be released? Will it still be a simultaneous worldwide release? Are the assumptions that there will be cars and tracks readily available correct?

It all remains to be seen, so the only things we really do know are -

GT5 will eventually be released.

WRS will move to GT5 as soon after the release as possible.

The WRS is ran in arcade mode. GT usually have a good amount of cars & tracks available for use. So no need to earn credits license etc so early in the WRS.

As others stated though, the qualifier (which is news to me that we'll have to run a new one) is the only thing needed to be worked out.

Also, if it remains true that we can transfer cars from Prologue. What's to stop GTPlanet from hosting a savefile for all regions & distributions of the game for users to download with all cars. Running cars we're accustom to on new tracks wont be as boring as one think.

Last edited:
What's to stop GTPlanet from hosting a savefile for all regions & distributions of the game for users to download with all cars.

Most, not all probably used an "uber save" for GT4 WRS, which could include all cars, tons of money and all races complete.
In other words an 100% completed game save.
Once an "uber save" is created I'm sure many will use it for events like the WRS.
It was never a problem before.

The thing that bothers me is we would have to change game saves each time if we wanted to keep using the same name (our GTP tag) for the WRS and our own game. Not really an issue there.
Myself, I'll have at least 2 game saves, my own and 1 for the WRS, as in GT4.
I'll just be careful to overwrite the correct one. :dopey:

Unless of course PD have disabled this somehow.

The thing that bothers me is we would have to change game saves each time if we wanted to keep using the same name (our GTP tag) for the WRS and our own game. Not really an issue there.
Myself, I'll have at least 2 game saves, my own and 1 for the WRS, as in GT4.
I'll just be careful to overwrite the correct one.
I have my GTP_iCyCo account I just use to run the WRS also any racing games i feel like playing again outside my main iCyCo account to try out other things. I plan to continue this with GT5, main game on iCyCo, WRS on GTP_iCyCo. With PS3 it's not a matter of changing game saves but just loading up a different user account.

For all we know, GT5 could have protected game saves. In that case ubersaves aren't a possibility.
I for one would hate it. I want to use the same savegame on different accounts.

For all we know, GT5 could have protected game saves. In that case ubersaves aren't a possibility.
I for one would hate it. I want to use the same savegame on different accounts.
I meant ubersaves from prologue so everyone has the same starting point to begin/continue the WRS in GT5, providing the feature of transferring data is still included

Back