GTP_WRS : Suggestions Box

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 1,032 comments
None of this really matters until the game is released and we know what we have.

Until then, please don't turn this into an extension of the GT5 Forum. That place gives me a headache. :ouch:

I know it isn't even out yet, but can we do a WRS Rally week sometime shortly after 5's release? We could have a contest for designing a rally track to use for that week, even... and by shortly, I don't mean right away but maybe sometime in the first 2 or 3 months?

Yes, it is time to have that final WRS for GT5P.

I'll get a refreshed poll up late tonight or early tomorrow. 👍

Will do 1 poll fror track (between Fuji and Suz) and another for car.

Will have 4 spots in the track poll, 2 for arcade on those track, and 2 for the online events.

22.749Km Of Prologue Marathon.
Nissan GTR

In GT5P's last hoorah, take the iconic cover car on a tour of all the tracks to see who is the fastest across the 22.749Km of Prologue

The 6 forward tracks (HSR,Daytona Speedway,Fuji Speedway,Eiger,Suzuka Full,London)

I like the idea but maybe vote on a different car for each track, as it would test everybodies overall abilities and not just their technique with one car. Even though I love the GT-R 👍.

Yes, it would and we all love the WRS so why not, unless it would take too long for everyone's schedule which I understand. It would kinda make it like a Targa except with a restart button.

I was just remixing iCyCo's proposal. In the end it's all on the moderation committee. Just want to see GT5P go out in style is all Synwraith.... sorry.

I see weekly people visit the Result thread of a WRS and comment etc about fast lap and congratulate etc then go on to say they'll post their replay later. These guys are constantly on podium therefore know they'll have to submit a replay. What I usually do is that when I'm through with the WRS for a particular week, after I view my replay to get the splits and final time, I copy my replay the same time and zip it up just in case. Don't see why this can't be the norm for everybody else. Takes less than 2 minutes.

So as a suggestion for the WK 107, lets everybody copy their replay and prepare them the same time they submit their times as to speed up the verification process.

I see weekly people visit the Result thread of a WRS and comment etc about fast lap and congratulate etc then go on to say they'll post their replay later. These guys are constantly on podium therefore know they'll have to submit a replay. What I usually do is that when I'm through with the WRS for a particular week, after I view my replay to get the splits and final time, I copy my replay the same time and zip it up just in case. Don't see why this can't be the norm for everybody else. Takes less than 2 minutes.

So as a suggestion for the WK 107, lets everybody copy their replay and prepare them the same time they submit their times as to speed up the verification process.

I don't see why this is an issue for you, personally I check the results 1st thing in the morning as I'm getting ready for work. To me, it is polite to congratulate people on their efforts but I do not have time to take my replay off the ps3 and upload it. Why don't I have it pre-saved? Because a) I'm nit presumptuous enough to assume I'm on the podium and b) I'm often not sure when my last run will be as it depends on how busy I am, I alway submit my time on Monday night and again don't have time to mess around with replays. I will continue to post congratulations to those who deserve it as soon as I read the results and post my replay when convenient for me, and I make no apologies about doing so and having a busy life and work.

I don't see why this is an issue for you, personally I check the results 1st thing in the morning as I'm getting ready for work. To me, it is polite to congratulate people on their efforts but I do not have time to take my replay off the ps3 and upload it. Why don't I have it pre-saved? Because a) I'm nit presumptuous enough to assume I'm on the podium and b) I'm often not sure when my last run will be as it depends on how busy I am, I alway submit my time on Monday night and again don't have time to mess around with replays. I will continue to post congratulations to those who deserve it as soon as I read the results and post my replay when convenient for me, and I make no apologies about doing so and having a busy life and work.

Agree 100%. Other than the "nit" part. :sly:

EDK
Agree 100%. Other than the "nit" part. :sly:

In a way I’m more fortunate than a lot of our members, in having more time to spend here at GTP so don’t mind viewing more than one replay when posted, or when Kevin asks for outstanding replays to be viewed.

As Andy says a lot have very busy lives and cannot always be here to upload and view replays at the drop of a hat, this is why I believe admin give us a week in which to do this and as it is, it works very well.

Phillip.

Also some of us have to travel out of home to post replay's so posting them is put on hold until they can get ahold of a PC to use.

I have no issues with offering congratulations to fellow WRS members, that's not my issue. Even if you don't admit it everyone likes a little praise now and again and it makes them feel good and try harder etc.

Last edited:
I always wanted to check other people replays but for some unknown reason, I can't download them. Atleast I try to go and congratulate people because it is a friendly competition.

I think it's time to bring this thread back to life.

So, what about Ferrari F2007 on high speed ring? It's a really fun combo.👍

I think it's time to bring this thread back to life.

So, what about Ferrari F2007 on high speed ring? It's a really fun combo.👍

Don't think you will get tracks used in GT5P anytime soon. They were run into the ground.

A suggestion I thought about just now. Ive had alot of fun with this track and car combo in the past.

Mclaren MP4 12C at Grand Valley Speedway. Stock tyres.

Ok if not an F2007 on Hogh Speed Ring then what about on any other track? :sly: Maybe Monaco when the Real life Monaco GP is on.

Also, any chance of the full Nurburgring? It might be to long though.:(

I'd rather not see rally, F1, and NASCAR in the WRS. GT5 does a very poor job with any of those and I believe anyone really interested in running those type of races/cars will be doing it in a game designed around them.

I like rallying, but the rallys in GT5 are just terrible, you are not going to "learn" anything by running them; same goes for the F1, and NASCAR. It's just a case of GT5 trying to cram too much into the game and having to shortcut everything to do it.

I really enjoy the WRS in the sort time I've been participating, but if PSN hadn't been down I seriously doubt I would have even ran in week 10 and 11. Week 9 was great and while GT5 is far from a racing sim, that is the kind of racing it's best at.

I was a bit bored so I dreamt up some combinations rather quickly then spent longer trying to workout names for the events :D

"This'll keep you amused"

'Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera' @ Suzuka East

"Here comes a new challenger!"

'Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08' @ Laguna Seca

"Forza Italia!"

'F40 '92' @ Monza

"Just the tronic"

R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 @ Cape Ring North

The 0.01 hours of Le Mans

Zonda R @ Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe

I was a bit bored so I dreamt up some combinations rather quickly then spent longer trying to workout names for the events :D

"This'll keep you amused"

'Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera' @ Suzuka East

"Here comes a new challenger!"

'Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08' @ Laguna Seca

"Forza Italia!"

'F40 '92' @ Monza

"Just the tronic"

R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic '07 @ Cape Ring North

The 0.01 hours of Le Mans

Zonda R @ Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe

I can almost promise you that we'll be doing one of these.

I've had it planned all along, but I'm not going to say which one. ;)

Back