GTP_WRS Week 07 : Mercedes SL 55 AMG @ Suzuka - East

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 133 comments
I did find three clean laps in a row, but aside from the lap posted here, the rest is, well, compare it to Oprah Winfrey: you lose some, you gain some. :ouch:

0'56.910

This is a really sweet combo, I like it a lot, first ten laps, 0'56.556, been .245 up on that. :) 👍

On a different question i noticed while watching the replay of my first attempt with the mercedes that the time that is shown under your GTP tag in the center of the screen after completing a lap is a couple millisecond off (eg, x'x1.916 in the center of the screen after the lap and x'x1.924 on the best lap/last lap at the top right of the screen for the same lap), haven't noticed this before in the other weeks, witch time should i use for this week or other week this may happen. the time shown on the center of the screen or the best lap/last lap shown?
Thanks in advance again

I saw it too.

Stick to the times in your right upper corner of your tv.
Showing the best and last lap.
Those times are also used for the online ranking.

Those who are running this weeks combo have to do some extra work with the replay watching to get your laptimes and by keeping up if a 3 lap run is faster or not then the one you saved before .:crazy:

I write after every succesfull 3 laps run the sec. and the first digit on a note.
Like:
57.x
58.x
56.x

Work for the brains ;)

To get strange or different combo's it is almost certain the participants have to work with us to get a positive result.
So cheers to all.:cheers:

And my fastest lap time in my fastest run.

I saw it too.

Those who are running this weeks combo have to do some extra work with the replay watching to get your laptimes and by keeping up if a 3 lap run is faster or not then the one you saved before .:crazy:

Thanks sjaak68, i was thinking we should use best/ last lap just wanted to be sure.

i keep everything on a spreadsheet on my computer since my ps3 setup is right next to it makes it easy to sort through multiple saves after a few runs to find the fasted one

I well run the Merc and i find it hard to drive as it bobbing about all over the place.

56.XXX
56.XXX
56.XXX

Fastest lap in this run a 56.416 but i have a best lap of 56.288

Last edited:
New time: 57.605

i have a time of 57.305 on the in game online rankings but i messed up that 3 lap session trying to push to hard to keep close to that

I had a best lap of 57.628, but it was with 2 laps that weren't so good. My new lowest 3 lap time has a best lap of 57.726, but the total is lower. I think I can get into the 56.xxx range, but it isn't coming easy. I think I have to learn to get the rear end loose, but not spin. And I'm terrible at drifting.:grumpy:

Err .. guys: I don't really know what to make of posts like this (sorry Denny :)) for the leaderboard. Please post your laptime for the board in a single line in your post if you want it included in the leaderboard 👍

EDIT first set of 3 clean consecutive laps with a 'fast' lap of

TCS at 3, ASM on and steer assist at medium I'm afraid ... :dopey:

Board updated.

Last edited:
Managed to complete a total race time with best lap:

(the current online record) funny thing was i did that time on my 3rd lap as i got a little pissed off due to a disasterous 2nd lap, but still happy with the total time i ended up with and thus, time submitted;)

(the current online record) funny thing was i did that time on my 3rd lap as i got a little pissed off due to a disasterous 2nd lap, but still happy with the total time i ended up with and thus, time submitted;)
I had to blink a few times seeing that time. :crazy:

GTP is taking over this TT combo anyway: 👍

You might want to add this instruction to the first post, because if I hadn't have noticed this post (and I guess not everybody reads the whole thread) when it came to submit my times I would have submitted the times in the middle of the screen. I never noticed they were different before.

Thats insane:crazy::dunce:
I've been driving around like crazy but my best time is a full second slower. I've watched the replay from your lap to look for the racing line, brake points, and all that stuff. But still I can't get even close.

Really strange feeling on this combo.

Reading all your comments regarding the SL55 Amg I was thinking throttle control which I like...... But found myself really dissapointed concerning this heavy Soooo flat engine & gearbox ???
Where is the power and what a gap between 2nd & 3rd gear... I don't have the feeling of driving a car with 500 hp at all.
Just drove 5 laps to test and had a 56.7xx lap but without flavor...

Will try that later on this weekend ;)

Hmmmph

58.011 - this explains alot :)

Sooo much room for improvement its frightening.. only problem is, I can't drive this car in a straight line it would seem.

Oh well, there may be a miracle at some point

Really strange feeling on this combo.

Reading all your comments regarding the SL55 Amg I was thinking throttle control which I like...... But found myself really dissapointed concerning this heavy Soooo flat engine & gearbox ???
Where is the power and what a gap between 2nd & 3rd gear... I don't have the feeling of driving a car with 500 hp at all.
It sure feels like driving with 500bhp to me - driving a 500hpb truck! It does weigh two tons and with the low revving engine it doesn't sound like you're going fast, but the numbers on the speedo certainly click by pretty quickly.

I'm loving this combo myself, the SL is great fun to shove around and with all that momentum everything happens nice and slow, making it easier for those of us without super-human reactions to find the limit.

Enough practice for me and I've started with the 3-lap combos. Surprised myself with this lap, as part of my best combo so far:

Currently 9th on the online leaderboard. First time I've ever been in the top 10 for anything in GT, so if you'd all kindly stop right now and preserve my position I'd appreciate it ;)

It sure feels like driving with 500bhp to me - driving a 500hpb truck! It does weigh two tons and with the low revving engine it doesn't sound like you're going fast, but the numbers on the speedo certainly click by pretty quickly.

I'm loving this combo myself, the SL is great fun to shove around and with all that momentum everything happens nice and slow, making it easier for those of us without super-human reactions to find the limit.

Enough practice for me and I've started with the 3-lap combos. Surprised myself with this lap, as part of my best combo so far:

Currently 9th on the online leaderboard. First time I've ever been in the top 10 for anything in GT, so if you'd all kindly stop right now and preserve my position I'd appreciate it ;)

Good lap, fellow Sheffielder. ;)

Darn, this means back to the drawing board for me. Well done Bob (or was it Tim?) 👍

Btw, I'm not a kind person at all. ;)

I spent a few hours in the Mercedes and my current fastest lap
of the 3 lap event is 57.532 (also took the place 36 in rankings by that lap time)

TCS 3

I can do 57.6's with TCS 2 , but I find 3 to be more stable for me as a sixaxis user

Hi Fellows!

I decided to participate first time in WRS. Interesting/scary to see how my 3 laps will manage. :nervous:

I had today few hours quality-time, so I immediately took that MB under me, and just few minutes ago send my submission to Sphinx.

My best lap was 0'56.109

ps. That holl01's rankings 1 lap is incredible! 👍

Good lap, fellow Sheffielder. ;)
Another local 👍 I think there's a few from round here on GTPlanet - Donk is in Chesterfield and VagabondAngel from deepest darkest Derbyshire.

Darn, this means back to the drawing board for me. Well done Bob (or was it Tim?) 👍
Don't be too worried, you don't know how bad the other two laps were! You have to really push this car, which means lots of fun, but lots of mistakes :ouch:

It is Tim, but if you call me Bob everybody knows who you're talking about. I even get Christmas cards from my off-line friends addressed to Bob :lol:

Another local 👍 I think there's a few from round here on GTPlanet - Donk is in Chesterfield and VagabondAngel from deepest darkest Derbyshire.

Don't be too worried, you don't know how bad the other two laps were! You have to really push this car, which means lots of fun, but lots of mistakes :ouch:

It is Tim, but if you call me Bob everybody knows who you're talking about. I even get Christmas cards from my off-line friends addressed to Bob :lol:
:D

I put in at least another hour today and only once got realy close to my personal best lap. I love the car, I love the last corner combination coming up to the straight, but those S's. :scared:

Denur... could you copypaste link to that site. I cant find it even I tried. It would be fun to check that list when it's not possible to turn PS3 on.

Back