GTP_WRS Week 07 : Mercedes SL 55 AMG @ Suzuka - East

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 133 comments
I did a lot of laps last night without the TCS. The best lap of my best set of 3 with TCS at 4 was 58.262. My best without the TCS was 58.263. So I can get to within 1 thousandth without the TCS. My problem is consistency. Maybe its just a psychological thing, but I can't seem to get more that 2 good laps in a row without the TCS. If I have more time I might try it again without the TCS, but if I am short on time I will go back to TCS set at 4 hope that the ghosts of Nuvolari and Fangio don't haunt me.
Peter, if you want your split copied into the leaderboard could you please also type your split in a separate line, so that I won't have to read through all of your lines to decipher what to do with it in the board? Many thanks 👍

Board updated.

Submitted my time, best lap I could do was a 56.636. I had 2 replays who were faster, but I wasn't 100% wether they were clean or not.

I haven't been participating in the weekly races,but I gave this one a go.I saved my 3 lap replay but I can't see the total time anywhere,anyway.

GTP_zed300 56.695 Div3 Gold DFP

Last edited:
I haven't been participating in the weekly races,but I gave this one a go.I saved my 3 lap replay but I can't see the total time anywhere,anyway.

GTP_zed300 56.695 Div3 Gold DFP

Welcome zed300 :)

This week you have to watch your replay and write down laptimes your self.

Info in post1:

Race Specifics:

This week we do a 3 lapper in Time-Trail,consistency will be key this week.

• -1- Run 3 laps in Time Trail
  • -2- Exit the run when going in the 4th lap
  • -3- Save your replay
  • -4- Watch your replay at "My Page"and write down the final time.
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2 + lap 3
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner,best and last laptime.

I used the lap times on the top right to calculate the laps, not the big ones that pop up in the center after every lap, is this the correct way to calculate the total lap time? appologies if this has already been asked.

Fastest 3 so far have my fastest overall as well. 57.129.

Room for improvement, for sure. But the esses have never been my fastest section at Suzuka, so we shall see.

EDK
Fastest 3 so far have my fastest overall as well. 57.129.

Room for improvement, for sure. But the esses have never been my fastest section at Suzuka, so we shall see.
Hey Kevin, nice to see you around. Judging by the number of replays you've been checking for week 06 you have got some time on your hands :lol: which is always nice.
I haven't been participating in the weekly races,but I gave this one a go.I saved my 3 lap replay but I can't see the total time anywhere, anyway.
Welcome to WRS 👍

Board updated.
|
|
|
V

lots of improvement, but I think this is it:

going to submit now.

Did some more laps this morning, but couldn't improve anymore, so I've submitted :)

This was pretty good event. Had fun in the end. :)

Fastest lap was

0´56.148

Thats it time submitted managed a 56.943 in my clean set of three laps. Did do a 56.852 earlier but manged to mess up the other laps. I've managed my goal of getting under that 57 sec marker.

Roll on next week I'm getting my G25 on crimbo day!!!

I see this week 7 challenge more as learning to drive the car rather than the track.
So, I took the car around every possible variation of every track and learned to control the car.

Did new set of 3 laps and found it little easyer than before.

The very 1st lap of my currently fastest 3 lap set is 57.167 by which I grabbed the 35th place in the rankings :D

deadline being in less than 26 hours I will give this 1 more try before submitting.

👍 at holl01 , your ghost lap is incredible!

And at Sphinx , could you possibly give me a Division ranking before deadline of this event?

regards

MadMax

Sat down tonight to have a proper go at this one after a IFTC race 7 session... took me a while to really get the feel for the Merc after running the GTR, but eventually the lap times and consistency came. The set I have saved didn't start too promisingly, but the 2nd lap was quicker than the 1st and the 3rd quicker still....

Might run a few more laps in free run to see if I can join Dan in the 55's :)

Well, finally was able to sit down and have a go at this amidst the holiday madness. Fastest lap in my 3-lap run was 57.526 (although not my fastest lap of all :rolleyes:)

This will more than likely be what I submit... but I expect to fully dive in to next week's combo 👍

Just got an hour to try this one out and it is a challenge! My best lap was around 57.9xx - the gearing in this thing is such a challenge because it feels like you are always right at the redline (at least I feel that way). I sure hope I get some time for next week's challenge.

Also, I'd be really interested in knowing how many laps you guys run before settling on the times you finally submit. If you remember, could you put that in your post along with your replay please? It's probably gonna freak me out when I see how few laps some of you run to put up incredible times.

Great job to those on the leaderboard - GTP_DHolland's replay is INSANE. :bowdown:

Fastest from my submission is a 56.887, which I was fortunate enough to have as my fastest of the week as well. I was relatively consistent at this, just consistently slow. :dopey:

Getting a board update now as well. 👍

Also, I'd be really interested in knowing how many laps you guys run before settling on the times you finally submit. If you remember, could you put that in your post along with your replay please? It's probably gonna freak me out when I see how few laps some of you run to put up incredible times.

Takes me a while usually. On this one, I had 40 minutes early on... about 20 of those just running laps to get a feel for the car and lines, another 20 running a few sets. Then a really short session later in the week - around 30 minutes. Followed by a proper session last night... 30+ laps just chasing Dan's ghost to see where he's quick and therefore where I should be improving. Once I could run consistently within a 1/10th of my best lap I started running sets... this one came quickly on my 7th or 8th attempt.

Back