GTP_WRS Week 07 : Mercedes SL 55 AMG @ Suzuka - East

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 133 comments
Finally got 3 clean laps saved under 1 min each. Fastest lap:

I know I can get a low 58, just have to get 3 in a row. Anything quicker than that would probably be just luck.

Edit: Tried using TCS 4 and got a 57.943 in one set of 3 clean laps, but then I ran another 3 that were much more consistent, so a better overall time so I will submit this as my best lap because it is more representative:

Last edited:
I decided to participate first time in WRS.
You're welcome to WRS, but did you run the qualifier and send it to the stewards? Looking at your split you'll be Div1 material, but still you have to get your 'ticket to ride' 👍
Btw, I'm not a kind person at all.
Sorry Marc but I must strongly disagree :lol:
I've been driving around like crazy but my best time is a full second slower. I've watched the replay from your lap to look for the racing line, brake points, and all that stuff. But still I can't get even close.
Better get used to those kinds of splits whenever Dan partakes ...

Board updated.

BTW I see 'GTP_MaDHaX' in the Divisions list under Div1 Silver - that surely must be MadMax?

First entry:

0'56.187

Good run, don't know if I'll be able to beat it.

My best lap in the online list is 0.007 faster, but the other laps where slower. In this run, the laps where quite consistent, but the exit of the final corner of lap 3 was a bit too slow and I lost some time there. :ouch:

@ Bigracer:

Autoaki has already done the qualifier, cause he's in div 1 bronze in the 'GTP divisions' thread in the GT5 Prologue' area of the forum (as GTP_Aki). But he isn't in the list of the 'GTP WRS divisions' thread here. Isn't it the same qualifier?

BTW, nice laptime, Aki 👍

current rankings:

Attachments

• rankings 18-12 11u24.jpg
    rankings 18-12 11u24.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
First entry:

0'56.187

Good run, don't know if I'll be able to beat it.

My best lap in the online list is 0.007 faster, but the other laps where slower. In this run, the laps where quite consistent, but the exit of the final corner of lap 3 was a bit too slow and I lost some time there. :ouch:

I have exactly same. That final corner of lap 3 is much difficultier than laps 1 and 2! :lol:

But he isn't in the list of the 'GTP WRS divisions' thread here. Isn't it the same qualifier?

BTW, nice laptime, Aki 👍

Thanks LP!

I've been wondering same question... I think Sphinx has so much things to do, that he have not updated that list.

Could be also that it's different ranking, based on performs here on WRS, cause in the mail I got from him, he said that I need to take a part to WRS time-trial atleast one time. That would be nice system too, if performing nicely here in WRS, you could raise your classification higher example..?

Autoaki has already done the qualifier, cause he's in div 1 bronze in the 'GTP divisions' thread in the GT5 Prologue' area of the forum (as GTP_Aki). But he isn't in the list of the 'GTP WRS divisions' thread here. Isn't it the same qualifier?
Sorted, but I´d also like to have Aki´s controller device to complete the board. The qualifier is the same. Sphinx must be very busy these days as the results for the previous WRS week is still in the pipeline. If he needs any help let me know and I´ll be there.

EDIT just read in the IFTC thread that he is sick in bed. Guess we´ll have to pray for him and send good thoughts 👍

Last edited:
Sorted, but I´d also like to have Aki´s controller device to complete the board. The qualifier is the same. Sphinx must be very busy these days as the results for the previous WRS week is still in the pipeline. If he needs any help let me know and I´ll be there.

Oh...sorry, I'm DFP-junkie.

Poor Sphinx, he must be very stressed with all of us whiners. Try to hang on man! 👍

Crikey, I go away for a few days for work and when I come back I've been demoted to 9th! Going to have to try to find time to run some more laps now.

Nice lap BTW, Dan!

EDIT just read in the IFTC thread that he is sick in bed. Guess we´ll have to pray for him and send good thoughts 👍

Still great work on the leaderboard, mate, like always. 👍
Seems like the divisions are mixed up a lot this week.

Bad news about sphinx, didn't know it yet. Hope you get well soon, mate 👍

You're welcome to WRS, but did you run the qualifier and send it to the stewards? Looking at your split you'll be Div1 material, but still you have to get your 'ticket to ride' :tup:Sorry Marc but I must strongly disagree :lol:Better get used to those kinds of splits whenever Dan partakes ...

Board updated.

BTW I see 'GTP_MaDHaX' in the Divisions list under Div1 Silver - that surely must be MadMax?

Actually Sphinx hasn't put me in any division yet..
And I was aware that there was GTP_MaDHaX in Div1 Silver ,
before I ran the qualifier.

I run these online event's by name GTP_MadMax86
So, there is no typo and I should be in black on the leaderboard

Black suits me well :sly:
I was really suprized 👍 when I checked the leaderboard today and saw my GTP tag in Div1 colours :D

Actually Sphinx hasn't put me in any division yet..
And I was aware that there was GTP_MaDHaX in Div1 Silver ,
before I ran the qualifier.

I run these online event's by name GTP_MadMax86
So, there is no typo and I should be in black on the leaderboard

Black suits me well :sly:
I was really suprized 👍 when I checked the leaderboard today and saw my GTP tag in Div1 colours :D
OK 👍

Where did you get the info from the screenshot of the leaderboard, is it a website???

Jerome

New session,

Best lap : 56.980

Cheers guys,fast times coming in,
I hope you enjoy this ride as much as I do.

And week 08 will be more suitable for the sixAxis.👍

omg I'm doing pants at this one so far. Time to put in some serious laps methinks... I have to say I'm finding this combo more than a challenge so far.

Some great times up there guys :)

Was abit tricky with this bouncing ten-ton-tank. Finally got a decent combo to submit after several minutes without breathing. :)

Don't call me strange but I seem to be enjoying this combo. Thought the car might be a beast with no TCS but seems alright to drive. Found quicker I have the all four wheels pointing in the same direction the quicker I can get on the gas!

Had a 57.285 in a clean set of three but had a quicker hot lap but managed to throw that one away!

Getting a G25 to replace my DF-EX wheel for crimbo will getting the G25 improve my times with its better feel on the steering and pedals? how much a lap is a G25 worth?

how much a lap is a G25 worth?

My own lap times got worse slightly after I updated my old DFPRO to G25. Starting to get feeling to new pedals day by day.

Amen to Suzuka east/ M-B SL55:

0´56.195

Last edited:
Finally, improvement and 3 clean laps... although one of them is far too slow for my liking. Anyway, got my fastest lap down to a slightly happier

0'57.467

I spent about 30 min or so max on hot lapping this one, its great fun and the sound of the Merc is terrific imo. But I still feel like I'm emulating myself as I drive versus using a controller where things are so instinctual. Its like I am writing with my right hand instead of my left, sure it works but not as well yet. Just need more seat time and hoping to take a stab at 3 laps this weekend.

Jerome

But I still feel like I'm emulating myself as I drive versus using a controller where things are so instinctual. Its like I am writing with my right hand instead of my left, sure it works but not as well yet.

That's a good way of putting it. Goin through the same thing here. But it seems to pay off in the end 👍

Didn't curtail my session last night to three-lap segments, just trying to get back in the groove after my involuntary downtime. Hopefully will have something to report over the weekend.

New fastest lap and faster total time, 0'56.250, not happy as I lost some time on lap 3. :dopey:

Will have another try tomorrow. :) 👍

This one's beaten me... I've squeezed all I can out of this combo with my meagre talents, so time submitted to Sphinx so at least I don't miss the deadline this time :)

Happy Tyre Squeeling folks.

I did a lot of laps last night without the TCS. The best lap of my best set of 3 with TCS at 4 was 58.262. My best without the TCS was 58.263. So I can get to within 1 thousandth without the TCS. My problem is consistency. Maybe its just a psychological thing, but I can't seem to get more that 2 good laps in a row without the TCS. If I have more time I might try it again without the TCS, but if I am short on time I will go back to TCS set at 4 hope that the ghosts of Nuvolari and Fangio don't haunt me.

My biggest problem with this car is the ammount of understeer with trailing throttle... the power on oversteer is easy enough to wind in with pedals but the thing feels like the front tyres are greased... to me anyway.

My biggest problem with this car is the ammount of understeer with trailing throttle... the power on oversteer is easy enough to wind in with pedals but the thing feels like the front tyres are greased... to me anyway.

I don't think I have too much problem with turn-in, probably because I am not going as fast to begin with. But I know I am loosing a lot of time on the last corner, it just seems to want to push to the outside way too early. And this thing is so bouncy, I don't think my Jeep is this bad.

Bouncy indeed, much judder under throttle...

I've been tending to slide in too fast, pass the apex and then have to mash the throttle to get the back end round a bit for the exit... very sloppy but too frustrating for me to fix it at the mo.

Well I finally got around to trying again a little better

Hope I dont forget to post my times this week.:dunce:

Back