GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
Yeah. Proper noob. It'll fix itself soon, unless I'm wrong about that too :)
Yeah, i think it Fetchy searches the thread every 15 mins so will update soon enough.

BTW, That would be the only way i would get to the top of the leader board.

Stupid question since it's my first time...
I HAVE to post t1 & t2 in this thread? I mean, it's part of the submission process?

Posting splits is optional, but encouraged. 👍 You could submit a replay before deadline without posting splits though.

Stupid question since it's my first time...
I HAVE to post t1 & t2 in this thread? I mean, it's part of the submission process?
Its part of the competition. Would be no fun if we all just kept quiet until the deadline then the lap-times appeared. The fun is, seeing how you stack up in the first 2 (or 3 or more) sectors but having no clue about the last sector... so you do your best and then we all get to see what happened in the mystery sector when the results come out. If you're running an event, it is expected that you take part properly and post splits.

Remember although its a competition, its also a way for slower or more inexperienced drivers to pick up tips and techniques and improve their pace. And fun, don't forget that part. 👍

First 5 laps. I did not know Apricot before (life started at GT4), but now I understand why oldtimers have been wishing so to get it back. Great combo!

I shall return to this one at a later date. Have got a few tenths already but got red lapped. The exit to the esses is such a difficult corner to get right I find. And the hairpin at the bottom of the hill, I've hit it a couple of times and know exactly what I need to do to get through there fast, but every time I just don't get it right :lol:

PS. @Gravitron Who's 🤬 idea was it to put me in D1 anyway? :lol:

Last edited:
Wow, this is a great combo. Every time you have to battle with the understeer, then oversteer. So much fun and really intense.
First splits, slow but a lot a fun

A little reminder for some of the new guys, if you put what controller you use in your signature, the leaderboard will pick it up. For example, if you use the Dualshock, you can just put DS3, or if you use a wheel, DFGT. G27, T500RS etc...

(@JoostBaksteen That method is still working right? :lol:)

Grip reduction just got real, son....

Ever wondered what Suzuka T1 looks like in a mirror?

(T1 is confusing me....)

Edit: check out all the Brits burning the midnight oil! Mines just expired.

New splits for me

Also it seem the leaderboard hasn't picked up I'm using a DFGT it's in my sig as oink just pointed out

Just make a new post. 👍

Guys I'd be happy to make a sector 1 video for you!
Yes please. Missing a few tenths on you guys that I would be more than happy to make up ;)

Also it seem the leaderboard hasn't picked up I'm using a DFGT it's in my sig as oink just pointed out
Leaderboard is about to update in a few minutes, hasn't updated for 15 mins so check it then.

New splits for me

I think you have to send fetchy a PM with you controller type. See below. :)

Edit: Sorry, wrong quote posted. let me just find the right one!!!

Found it.
Actually that's outdated, you have to send a 'Change-controller' message to Fetchy, as described here.

Leaderboard is about to update in a few minutes, hasn't updated for 15 mins so check it then.[/quote]

No it still hasn't recognised the DFGT.?

EDIT: Tree'd above by @tnt_8_9 👍

Controller doesn't come from signatures anymore, you have to tell Fetchy what you have:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...sion-and-feedback.123953/page-25#post-8919653
Thanks mate :)

I have some good news, the bugs with the divisions are fixed and i've implemented a couple of new things:
  • As per manumanu's request: you can now view the region of the replays on the board, the region is posted after the replay icon see here for example. To setup your region you can send a PM to Fetchy with subject: "Change region" and body either "PAL" or "NTSC".
  • You can change your controller in Fetchy: Subject "Change controller", body is your controller e.g. "G27", "T500", "DFGT", "Fanatec Clubsport Formula" etc.
  • You can change you nationality in Fetchy: Subject "Change nationality", body is your country, e.g. "The Netherlands", "UK", "USA" etc.
  • Last, but not least, I've implemented some very fancy statistics: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/driver/GTP_Joost/statistics/GT5/ You can hover over any points to see the details, click a point to go to the week, hide any data by clicking the legend on the right hand side, export to PNG/PDF enjoy :)

As always let me know if you guys run into any problems.

:cheers:

You can start a conversation with Fetchy using the link in every weekly time trial thread, near the bottom:
WRSFetchBot

Last edited:
Back