GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
Seeing that video I need to use the rumble strips abit more I'm using more or less the same line but I'm being too clean I try to keep in the white lines as I don't want a disqualification.

Another understeer fest... some of the admins must really hate me. :P

Anyway, first posted splits:

I messed up the hairpin in T2 (odd since I usually like hairpins), and I've been struggling to match my T1 and T3 since.

Another understeer fest... some of the admins must really hate me. :P
What car are you driving.? :confused:

I mean, there is some throttle on understeer, but I think that's to be expected, with 589 HP. The car rotates really nicely, and you can push it hard.

I guess you must've been thinking MR on Comfort tires for week 1, but that was never gonna happen.

Just so you're all aware, the replay trick to view splits doesn't usually give the exact sector times. It's within a frame though so it's not exactly far off :P

Just so you're all aware, the replay trick to view splits doesn't give the exact sector times. It's within a frame though so it's not exactly far off :P
Yeah, but we're all using the same thing, so it should do fine for our purposes. ;)

Very-early splits after a few laps:

Finally, something where I might have a chance at not being the 15th AI in a 16-driver A-spec race.

Edit - Improving nicely.

Last edited:
EDK

I mean, there is some throttle on understeer, but I think that's to be expected, with 589 HP. The car rotates really nicely, and you can push it hard.

I guess you must've been thinking MR on Comfort tires for week 1, but that was never gonna happen.
FGT on comfort hards is what I was expecting. 👍

Reactions: EDK
New splits:

Lost 0.1 in T3, though it was hard to match the previous lap.

EDK

Maybe it's because I've been playing iRacing a lot recently, which requires a completely different driving style.

I maintain that this car has understeer, at least at high speed. In the fast left at the beginning of T2, lifting off barely helps the car turn in at all.

Awesome combo, love the track. I'm looking at the times posted so far and wow, I have a lot to learn.

First splits

I maintain that this car has understeer, at least at high speed. In the fast left at the beginning of T2, lifting off barely helps the car turn in at all.
Yeah, you have to modulate in the sweepers. But it's a dream, otherwise, IMO. Thanks for explaining. ;) 👍

New splits, managed to find quite a bit of time after a few more laps. When and did a couple of seasonal events, had a beer, then went back to it and beat my best splits by over half a second each!!!! Still looks like i have a lot of time to make in the second sector though.

EDK
Yeah, but we're all using the same thing, so it should do fine for our purposes. ;)
Exactly, ±0.0167 for everyone so hopefully that won't give any surprises at the line :scared:

Anyway, my first splits:

(replays do this because of what I just mentioned)

Threw away a .22 T1 though so there's plenty more to be had!

Last edited:
Bah - Fetchy apparently doesn't like strikethroughs. Oh well, I had new and better splits anyway:

My first split times for WRS

Absolutely love this combination, a lot of hours will be lost trying to improve my splits. Some late nights and early mornings no doubt!

Is there any way I can re check the settings off my replay?

I'll give it a few more laps now, just in case
We're not going to offer to do this every week, but since it's the first event, you can send your zipped replay to me if you want to know what's wrong with it.

Those times are simply not possible.

--
EDIT: Almost forgot to post my new splits:

That one's going to be tough to beat, PB's in every sector. :)

Last edited:
Maybe he was driving the reverse track :P

Great way to start things off with one of my favourite tracks... I drove here lots in GT3 :D

Car's quite a challenge though, only on my best lap did I take the hairpin properly! Seems my splits aren't too bad for 10 laps though ;)

We're not going to offer to do this every week, but since it's the first event, you can send your zipped replay to me if you want to know what's wrong with it.

Those times are simply not possible.

--
EDIT: Almost forgot to post my new splits:

That one's going to be tough to beat, PB's in every sector. :)

Cheers mate, much appreciated. Can you PM me your email address, or would you prefer it uploaded somewhere and send you the link?

Gave it the gold old canadian try and did 7 laps, so far things seem good :D

S1: 24.221
S2: 49.032

Ill try later but i have a rfactor event and trying to do two things at once is never good :D

I'm pretty sure that if tyres are smoking, I'm losing grip & time but its still a lot of fun doing it though :)

There is a LOT of smoke coming of my tyres for these splits :D

Last edited:
Reactions: EDK
Back