GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
Gave it the gold old canadian try and did 7 laps, so far things seem good :D

S1: 24.221
S2: 49.032

Ill try later but i have a rfactor event and trying to do two things at once is never good :D

That's a brilliant sector 2 for only 7 laps!

Well, 5 hours in and still trying to wrap my arms around this track. Never have driven it before up until the few times here in GT6. I like the track and all, but it just seems to have some sort of weird flow to it that I have yet to figure out......but I will. Looks like its going to be one of those late night/early morning sessions. Will post my splits when I'm done for the night/morning.....tomorrow, whatever the hell it turns out to be when I'm done. :lol:

Thanks for week 1 and getting all this started so soon. Appreciate your efforts here. :bowdown:

Grass trick??? I was wondering about that myself. All Black Magic must be shared. :lol:

Gave it another 5 laps... short bursts after a break seem to work for me :lol:

Nearly 0.2 better at the line, but need to find that missing tenth on the hairpin :guilty:

Putting a tire or two in the grass in some areas helps the car rotate more in the corners.
There was a grass trick in GT4, that made the car go faster in a straight line while the tires were on the grass. That sort of chicanery will not be tolerated.

And if the abuse of this particular situation is too great, we might just have to change the rules to 4 on track for future events.

To be honest I have no idea. I was just guessing from my own knowledge. :lol:

EDK
There was a grass trick in GT4, that made the car go faster in a straight line while the tires were on the grass. That sort of chicanery will not be tolerated.

And if the abuse of this particular situation is too great, we might just have to change the rules to 4 on track for future events.

And that was the grass trick I was thinking about. ;) That trick actually worked in GT5 as well. While going down a straight, you only needed to have one side of the car in the grass and the car would actually pick up more speed than it would with all 4 tires on the track.

Reactions: EDK
Wow! What a blast! :dopey:

Gotta get that under five-oh now that they stuck D2 next to my name. :scared:

So is everyone staying in 5 for the big loop in T2 or going down to 4? Hasn't seemed to make much difference to me yet so I'm keeping 5. Would 4 give me a better exit?

And that was the grass trick I was thinking about. ;) That trick actually worked in GT5 as well. While going down a straight, you only needed to have one side of the car in the grass and the car would actually pick up more speed than it would with all 4 tires on the track.

I always thought it made you go slower, so I never tried it. :lol:

Wow! What a blast! :dopey:

Gotta get that under five-oh now that they stuck D2 next to my name. :scared:

So is everyone staying in 5 for the big loop in T2 or going down to 4? Hasn't seemed to make much difference to me yet so I'm keeping 5. Would 4 give me a better exit?
Late change down to 4th for me, to rotate the car and get some pull out of the corner.

Well, studied those videos more carefully (thanks Chris and Andrew), and picked up over a whole second already! Which moves me from, let's see, #29 to #27 :indiff: Boy, this could be a rough week...

I keep it in 5th personally, the car seems to have enough torque to accelerate out but I find it difficult not to run wide as a result :boggled:

I found a bit more time, will return to this later!

Surprisingly held my advantage in the last sector too. Close call on the chicane though... :scared:

Marginal split improvement but down six tenths at the line. "Thrash it mercilessly" definitely seems to be working. ;)

Whew, I was getting a little stir crazy.

Love the combo, can't wait to get up and run some more in the morning. It's amazing how quickly the feel for the track came back, so good to run it again.

Yea the car rotates very well, almost to good when you drop two tires on the two last corners in the first sector. Other then that you guys are crazy with your tires on grass in a straight line crap. haha

Couldnt Resist and did 20 more laps

S1: 24.056
S2: 49.067

Couldnt put that sector 2 together like before, which is always a great frustration.

Also funny my name is Andrew too haha

Last edited:
Whew, I was getting a little stir crazy.

Love the combo, can't wait to get up and run some more in the morning. It's amazing how quickly the feel for the track came back, so good to run it again.
Nice, are you sure you're not meant to be in D1? :P

Yea the car rotates very well, almost to good when you drop two tires on the two last corners in the first sector. Other then that you guys are crazy with your tires on grass in a straight line crap. haha

Its true. I seen it myself and tested it myself, so I know it to be true. There was also a big thing about it one year in the Academy trials, I believe it was the second Academy for GT5 using one of the electric cars. I think it was DHolland that showed it to me for the first time in one of the Seasonal TT's early in GT5. Sorry for off topic Kevin. :guilty:

Anyways, I too have been going down to 4th for that corner. I've tried both ways and 4th always seems to give me a better exit speed.

Last one for tonight.

Slowly making progress. I will try using 4 tomorrow but 5 was working OK for me.

Feel like I've exhausted my potential for this time trial. Hope you guys are having fun and good luck!

Anyways, here's my splits.

S1 - 24.500
S2 - 50.083

What do you guys make of my splits? Are they decent for someone using a DualShock 3?

Going to send my replay to FetchyFetch in a sec.

Back