GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
Submitted just in case, but probably going to take one last stab today to see how people are getting such fast S1 times.

Another member was having this problem as well. Joost and I are looking into it. Can you add us to your conversation where you got that failure?

Issues resolved. Thanks for working on that guys!

Something new:

Not the best T1, but managed to nail a pretty good T2, and got a tiny improvement on the line.

Also my self-made, wooden wheelstand just pretty much collapsed. It's been making weird noises since I took it away from the storage and started using it, and one of the joints just sort of ripped apart. I guess all the twisting and stuff was too much for it, or maybe the wooden parts had started to rot from all the storage time. Not sure if I can somehow recover it.. duct tape comes to mind.

Last edited:
Splits are slower than my last post, but i'm slightly faster by a hair with a good third sector. Plus, there's no doubt that this lap is cleaner than the previous one.

Just realized I've spent 2-3 hours in total doing this combo with the 'Grip Reduction on Track Edge' on Low. :ouch:

Luckily I had 15 minutes spare so I sat down and did it again, this time with grip on Real. I actually beat my time by a little bit so here are my new sector times:

Expect my entry tomorrow evening.

Well I give up. 30 minutes and I want to throw this wheel across the room. Time for some vino.

I have submitted with the splits on the board. I could get pretty close to my T2 this afternoon, but stuffed if I can replicate whatever I did in the final corner on my best lap.

Managed to recover from the setback with my wheelstand (yes, duct tape), and had to go back and give it a couple more laps and yikes, looks like I have to resubmit, I hope fetchy doesn't mind. :scared:

Well managed to improve a bit more in my latest session, 1 more then I'm finished! I suddenly remembered earlier in the thread @Twissy (Also your latest split times are nuts seriously well played :D!) mentioned about staying in 5th down to the hairpin, and as mentioned earlier that's wear I was struggling! Certainly helped with consistancy there, so nice tip đź‘Ť also let me think about other corners and things like that :)!

Improvement splits tho:

My first ever GTP Time Trial Splits are:

I could do better, but it would take more time. I don't particularly like this combo of car and track. It took me a long time just to get used to the brake steer. More time would likely get me down another second total, but then I'd have invested a LOT more time in this than I did the Qualifier. And that would be tacky. Either way though, good fun. I think I'm going to enjoy the challenges here. Thanks for having me.

Just realized I've spent 2-3 hours in total doing this combo with the 'Grip Reduction on Track Edge' on Low. :ouch:

Is there any way to verify what the Grip Reducation was set to, after saving the best lap and quitting to the home screen? I was unsure about if it was set to Real on my first saved laps, however my later laps were set with it on.

Submitted on the off chance I don't get another run tonight. Disappointed with my current position but confident with my T3 ;)

Is there any way to verify what the Grip Reducation was set to, after saving the best lap and quitting to the home screen? I was unsure about if it was set to Real on my first saved laps, however my later laps were set with it on.
I wasn't sure on my later laps so deleted them.

Well couldn't get near my time on the last one, well I did once but with a huge cut haha! So have submitted now, fairly happy with my lap I hit/passed my target, I've left 2 tenths on the table but I've only had a proper go at this today (2-3 hours!), and only a couple of goes in the week, so I'm pretty happy with this!

Was with previous splits :)! I did beat my PB in first sector once with a .900 but that was it really, chocked the lap lol!

Good luck all!

Back