GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
IIRC, didn't you gold the X2010 challenges with the pad?

That was a SOB even with a wheel :lol:

I did, but I did it before controller sensitivity ;), now that was a real SOB, I'm still not aware of anyone else who did that!

Finally, a sub 24 T1 combined with a good lap. Still not happy with sector 2. I'm struggling for consistency there. Sector 3 wasn't my best, but still ok.

I found twissys trick of 5th gear to their gave more consistency, not sure that helps you for another run or not?

Submitted with current splits, not entirely happy as I threw away a better lap earlier, but I just can't keep running without going (more) insane.

Yeeeehaaaaaw! I think I hit my near perfect lap :D Chuffed to bits right now. I managed to nail the hairpin with this one (one in a 100 laps lol). And a nice sector 3 also, and not as much on the edge as the last one, so it will be easier to verify ;)

Submitting :D

Edit: @Tidgney The hairpin was my biggest problem with sector 2, I took it differently every lap. I just couldn't control it enough to get it pointed where I wanted it all the time. Braking the right amount in the last phase of the entry, finding the right steering angle and applying power without washing out into the dirt on the exit... But a lot of times I simply outbraked myself in enthousiasm also ;)

Last edited:
Having trouble with my computer, I'll give this week a miss and submit next week. I'll still race on Wednesday though.

The hairpin was my biggest problem with sector 2, I took it differently every lap. I just couldn't control it enough to get it pointed where I wanted it all the time. Braking the right amount in the last phase of the entry, finding the right steering angle and applying power without washing out into the dirt on the exit... But a lot of times I simply outbraked myself in enthousiasm also ;)

Exact same issue :P! Out braking or not getting enough turn in! Very annoying sometimes, suppose we'll have that annoyance for 40 laps on Wednesday :D!

Submitted and accepted.

Improved my T2 and last sector today, but had terrible T1s so couldn't quite get a better lap time :banghead:.

Good luck everyone 👍

Submitted with current splits.

Good luck to those still hunting their missing tenths :)

This one was great fun to drive although it was hard in the first corner no matter what i did whit the ABS i kept swinging through the corner.

Happy with these times btw.

Worse splits, but better T3. Cannot string a lap together for the life of me. Managed a 24.2, and a 49.3. Muffed up sector 3 though.

Great to see the top times, and I think I can see how to get the 23.xxx but no way will I get there.

Submitted fastest overall, which would drop me down the leader board. Slower splits.

Please post those slower splits, however much it hurts:sly:, so that when we post the T3 times in the Results thread they'll be as accurate as possible.

:(

Identical to one of my earlier laps. All part from my last sector.

Edit; Accepted

Great week everyone, nice to see so many drivers.👍

I was able to put in a bunch more laps yesterday, but didn't get far.
Ended up with the same sector I posted earlier, but shaved a little off T3.

Submitting with these splits.

Good luck everyone.:cheers:

Was going to have another go tonight but after 8 hours behind the wheel IRL today I've had enough....submitting with the times on the board.

Good luck all 👍

Got in the right frame of mind, so I ran another hour and gained 0.146 at the line, which is worrying after I thought my T3 was good. :nervous:

Submitted time with slower T1 and T2 splits, and yes it does hurt. :nervous: Shouldn't b**** too much as I gained a whooping 0.054 at the line!

Thanks to all who supplied tips and hints as to how to drive this combo, it definitely helped improve my times.

I had a busy week last week, so I only had enough time to practice for the Parity race. I got off work with 1 hour left to submit. I just couldn't miss the first one!

I left plenty on the track, but it's not bad for the time I had. I think I have enough time to crack open the next on before dinner. Drive on!:)

EDIT: Crap. I was in such a hurry to run laps, I forgot to change the grip reduction.:(
Look at me, people! Let me be a lesson.:dunce:

I had a busy week last week, so I only had enough time to practice for the Parity race. I got off work with 1 hour left to submit. I just couldn't miss the first one!

I left plenty on the track, but it's not bad for the time I had. I think I have enough time to crack open the next on before dinner. Drive on!:)

EDIT: Crap. I was in such a hurry to run laps, I forgot to change the grip reduction.:(
Look at me, people! Let me be a lesson.:dunce:

Deadline has just passed.

Back