GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
There is a big shadow on the track, stick to the right after Blanchimont, there you will find a point where the shadow changes. It's after the gantry and before the white line if I remember right... Well, that's my braking point and it works pretty well :P

Thanks buddy, I'll look for that.

Jerome

I use the first white brake marker on the left. Just before it leaves the screen in bumper cam.

Is that dirty?
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_2.jpg Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Is that dirty?

Rumble strips are part of the track and provided the game didn't red-lap you and, you had at least two wheels in contact with the track/rumble at all times then it's not dirty 👍

Edit: Tree'd by Lucas :dopey:

Rumble strips are part of the track and provided the game didn't red-lap you and, you had at least two wheels in contact with the tract/rumble at all times then it's not dirty 👍

Edit: Tree'd by Lucas :dopey:
Thank You:tup:

^^^ I'm almost embarrassed to post my times after that!
This means there are 4 seconds in there:dunce:

0:39.050
1:48.034

I gotta stop doing donuts at the end of the straight...

Thanks to the admins by this very strong classical combo - I love it but its difficult not to fly out of the track at begining. Big car and big brakes also. With 140 Kms done:

Nice one, Bart. 👍 I was realizing myself that my original advice of completely lifting and coasting into Eau Rouge was probably safe, but not the fastest, and that (as you show) it's possible to just lift-off to 10-20% throttle with a dab of brake, and never fully come off the throttle.

I'm going to have a few more runs at this but then will be away from the PS3 for the weekend, so pretty sure I'll be passed by some fellow D2'ers. :cheers:

• I finally can get through Eau Rogue without red lap or wrecking. Watching my replay there is time to get especially in the last chicane and all of sector 2.

1'46.383

Last edited:
Watching that video only disheartens me even more, there is NO way I could try that into that corner, even the conservative approach I'm taking is a coin flip to make it through...at best!

1'47.633

Uuuurgh, I have no idea where I'm losing the most time either. How do you guys push hard in this car? If I even think about going near its limits the chances of making it through a lap are ridiculously minuscule?!?

Oh yeah, nearly flipped it just after T2 on a lap too...

SpHOCtA.png

I feel that with my level of ability I can get another 0.5...gee it'd be nice to find it. One last session this afternoon and then I'm away for the weekend, so we'll see 👍

Wow. And I was so happy about my 201km/h through Eau Rouge :)
Thanks for the video.

I managed to flip the car in the turn right after T2. There is a manhole cover that kicks up but it's before the apex so not really in the way.

I couldn't resist, I had another 2 hour session tonight. Not so frustrating this time, I saw a sub 39 T1 a few times. It's so nice when you fly through eau rouge, I shaved off over 2.5 seconds on this lap!

Al

1'47.067

Wow this is the first time I've felt *good* about getting within 0.15 of my current splits. It helps that I was ahead at various points and gave it back at others. Now off to the data logger! :)

The data logger rocks! It showed me that slight lift in the turn right after T2 costs 0.4 :)

1'47.107

I have seen couple of 1'46s but never on a clean lap.
My new Eau Rouge record is 205km/h. Somehow I can never do it after half decent turn 1.

Back