GTP_WRS Week 14 : Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe/Tuned @ Fuji Speedway F

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 141 comments
Sorry to hear that wotzit07, I hope you're back in the game soon. :ouch:

T1: 18.954
T2: 48.734

Right! I got home from work yesterday had my tea and thought I would have a few hotlaps.

I pushed the PS button on my controller and my PS3 made three bleeps followed by red flashing LED and a blank screen!!! ARGH!!!!!!!! :grumpy:

Its broke and I've got World at War stuck in the drive.

Phoned Sony today thinking the worse as its over a year old and.............. I'm getting a replacement next Friday free of charge!!! I've got an original 60gb model with card readers etc. I had changed the HDD but thats not the problem. They are sending me a refurbed 60gb orginal model. I just need to put my old HDD back in it before i hand it over. I'll have to wait upto 6 weeks to get my game back thou. :grumpy:

So no times from me for a few weeks and I was starting to get in to this weeks event.

Same thing happened to my 60GB PS3 last month. Also got a free replacement and have to wait up to 6 weeks for my copy of GT5P back. Good job my friend lent me his. 👍

Found ALOT more speed

T1-18.950
T2-48.353

Still alot to come i think im looking to beat mad94d this time lol

:lol:You probably will. I've been concentrating on GTP race event 2 but I should get time to have a real good crack at this.

I am submitting my time now, I could realistically only drop a couple of tenths with a perfect lap, it's not the end of the world.:lol:

Edit: And so it is done, my time was a 1min.......... well that's a good start :lol:

Slight T1 improvement and found a little extra in T2 as well. Still 3 or 4 10th's in sector 3 to be found.

T1 - 19.092
T2 - 48.903

Right people, now im done for this round of the race event 02, Im getting back in the Viper. ;)

Couldnt improve that time, i used paulie setup[thanks for posting] but keeping the final drive the same as what it already was, was only a quick half hearted attempt while listen to load music lol

Centennial post for me - woot?

Board updated.

Still very much struggling with the setup for the serpent. Several times got my T2 near my Luxy score but never with a satisfying finish :grumpy:

Will keep trying tho ... 👍

Stick in there, Steven. You are getting quicker, go back to the last event at Fuji (well, minus a chicace) and compare the difference between your times and mine. You're 1.5 seconds closer.

Ok, I'm in. About an hour worth of hotlapping, using the 5spd setup from TZT.

T1: 0'19.091
T2: 0'49.155

I know I can shave some time off that T2 split. This is a tough one for me at the moment with the tendencies of the M3 still fresh in my mind.

Love that gearing, TZT.👍

edit: I'd love to see a replay of that T2 0'42.xxx split you mention as being possible. That's some kind of fast! :P

Last edited:
Improvement

T1 - 18.723
T2 - 48.034

Using TZT tune. Simply awesome. Those gears are fantastic:tup:

Still more speed left.

T2 42.0xx time can't be done. Well it's impossible unless there's a glitch.

Slight split gains, good overall lap gain.

T1 19.096
T2 48.975

Probably 3-4ths left in me if I can put together my three best splits.

edit: I'd love to see a replay of that T2 0'42.xxx split you mention as being possible. That's some kind of fast! :P

Sorry, was thinking of the wrong number when I wrote that description. Meant to say 48 seconds, not 42 seconds!

Glad you like the gears!

Just ran some more laps. Took a little while to get used to the Snake again after so many laps in the M3. ;)

Coming back for some more later. 💡 I think there are more people needing promotion. 👍

Some really great times going on at the moment. Great work everybody. 👍

Big improvement thanks to Tzayad's setup

T1-18.790
T2-48.145

Looking back i think maybe a 47.8:tup:xx is possible

Finally a chance to run.

I have after T2 the most trouble to stay in a nice flow so a improvement of the laptime is in reach.

And again ,what a great joy to watch a GT5P replay.

Finally a change to run.

I have after T2 the most trouble to stay in a nice flow so a improvement of the laptime is in reach.

And again ,what a great joy to watch a GT5P replay.

+1, braking from 197mph into turn 1 is great to see. :)

I finally found time to run this and spent one hour tuning the car.
I came up with a setup that reaches 197 mph on the straith before braking
and can take the corners far too easy. (feels like driving on STD physics)

first tuning session splits:

T1 19.234
T2 49.123

At this run I nailed the T3 after the "F" part :D

T1 19.052
T2 48.659

Using TZT setup, with about half a few changes due to pad + areas I think could have improved. I changed: Rear ride height, Brake bias front & back, TC.

Much better groove now. I did see a 18.913 for T1, seeing the time caused me to crash at turn 2! (or 3, depending if you count the little right kink as a turn), also saw a 48.538 when I only did a 19.080 for T1, so I think I can get to 48.4 and below for T2. The sectors at the top of the post were quite poor, not so sure the ride height change worked or whether the big gain was in the brake bias change. Still, hope to find some time to improve on the above splits.

:) Thanks TZT.

Well I knew div.1 would stop worrying about Race Event 02 and put in some effort here sooner or later.:crazy: At least I'm still 3rd fastest to T2 of div.3 (but for how long? :dunce::sly:)

Going to submit. There's more in it, but it's hard to be consistent around the entire track. :ouch:

T1: 19.014
T2: 48.590

T1 - 19.027

T2 - 48.572

Not my best splits, but it was the only lap where I got satisfaction from the last sector.

Small improvement at T2, but almost 0.3 better overall...

Nice time Dan 👍

Back