GTP_WRS Week 14 : Sjaak's Hyperbool of fun

• Thread starter Argon
  • 270 comments
So I sat down to put in a lap or two and ended up going faster again. Well, I went .3 faster, and then beat that time with a dirty lap. :banghead:

But never fear, I was able to beat that (50 laps later) with my lap of the gods (clean). Said lap is beyond my goal time, but I'm now frustrated that there is more time to find in all sectors.

But I need to eat first.

download.jpeg

@Nerazzurri and @munch2112 you guys are getting hard to see back there. :lol::lol::lol: :cheers:

So it looks like my replay did not save right last night :banghead::banghead:🤬

Good news is this morning even though I didn't beat that time I saw a couple of 19.3xx S1, and was consistent on S2, S3 is what is killing me. I think another long session like last night I will hit my time and my goal for the week.

I did have a funny moment last night, I tried @Renrag39 setup and was flying on the first lap, I thought to myself, wow Renrag39 knows what he is doing. After I crossed the line nearly a second faster than previous best I looked and saw I had put RSS instead of SS tires on the car. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Glad you liked it... I knew I was on to something when I was up almost two car lengths in turn one on my first lap.

Play with rear ride height some by lowering it to fine tune things if you are at your limit.
I found dropping the back end a couple of mm on your setup pretty much makes it perfect, though I also dropped the frontARB by 1 too just to combat the throttle oversteer I was experiencing in sector 3

@Never2fast1 Roflmao! Mainly because you thought, however briefly, that I had even the faintest idea what I'm doing!
I take it you figured out I don't shortly after?

Actually it wasn't a bad set up, I was only slightly slower than what I was using, but yes for a second I thought you were a genius! I couldn't believe all the grip I had. :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sure what is sadder, the fact I thought a tune would perform like that or that it took me a whole lap to realize I had the wrong tires. :embarrassed:

ok starter for 10

using @shoenboggie tune with @EDK gears, thanks guys, I'm useless at tunes so it's much appreciated. @shoenboggie I did think you must be trolling when you said 5th for turn1 as i ended up in the litter every time I tried it, but I can see now that it works! :D

Never thought someone would think I was trolling as I try to be helpful and share what works for me including my setup.

When I tune/attack a TT I try everything I can with settings and driving techniques to see if it makes me faster. Driving lines, BB, gear choice...

Smooth is fast with this one and using a higher gear than you normally would, may be faster.

Glad you liked it...

Never thought someone would think I was trolling as I try to be helpful and share what works for me including my setup.

When I tune/attack a TT I try everything I can with settings and driving techniques to see if it makes me faster. Driving lines, BB, gear choice...

Smooth is fast with this one and using a higher gear than you normally would, may be faster.

Glad you liked it...

Didn't really think you were trolling mate, was just going for dramatic effect :lol: thanks for the help 👍

Actually it wasn't a bad set up, I was only slightly slower than what I was using, but yes for a second I thought you were a genius! I couldn't believe all the grip I had. :lol::lol::lol:

I am not sure what is sadder, the fact I thought a tune would perform like that or that it took me a whole lap to realize I had the wrong tires. :embarrassed:
Bugger off! It took me about 200 miles to realise I was on RM in the Corvette!
Easily done though, isn't it :dunce:

Btw, you're looming like a loomy thing in my mirror now! :D

True,got some very fast times with higher gears,beat occasionally my ghost with it.
Difficulty with this combo is to get all things right so sometimes short shifting to a lower gear is faster.

1st corner 5 or 4
2nd corner 3 or 2
3rd corner 3 or 4
last corner 3 or 4

I choose at the very last second which I will use so no lap will be the same for me.:lol:

but ran a bit wide for the last straight :banghead::D.

True,got some very fast times with higher gears,beat occasionally my ghost with it.
Difficulty with this combo is to get all things right so sometimes short shifting to a lower gear is faster.

1st corner 5 or 4
2nd corner 3 or 2
3rd corner 3 or 4
last corner 3 or 4

I choose at the very last second which I will use so no lap will be the same for me.:lol:

but ran a bit wide for the last straight :banghead::D.

:cheers: This... If I got my braking point right and my corner entry speed right I stay with the higher gear, if l need to try and save the corner some how, maybe I take a lower gear.

@Sjaak

Maybe I can help with this car having a will of its own.

Turn one: approach in 4th to the apex, using the engine braking is better than trying to get the braking point and pressure just right if you try it in 5th ( can do 5th but its a bit hit and miss) now before you hit the gas change into 5th full gas and hang on tight.

Turn two: 3rd hold a tight line and ease the gas in as you let it drift out.

Turn three: 4th, don't try to push the entry. Get your line right to be just inside the curb, it will start to run wide, if your lucky you can just hold the back near side wheel on top of the red and white curb.

Turn four: 5th, here use your right foot to make the turn, ease off just before helps with turn in then gun it.

Turn five: you can use 4th if your gearing is right, if not, same as turn one. Or you can try 3rd and short shift (just to lift the revs to 5000rpm but watch the back end soon steps out) into 4th and be pleased you've left your ghost in the dust.

Last edited:
Woh, if this very first lap and car is any indication of how much fun this WRS can be then I am in for a treat for the next couple events. I am literally running like 40 laps per evening and slowly improving in most of the sectors but haven't been within 0,8s in my best lap compared to my GPT.

Best sectors:

Welcome to the WRS it is a blast, and maybe slightly addicting. :gtpflag:

Only slightly addicting? I racked up about 1500 miles on the green he’ll last week, I just couldn’t put it down, and even when I did I spent my time running over the lap in my head trying to decide if there was a better line or if I had the right gear. :boggled:

I think that may mean I have a problem! :scared:

Hi, I’m Nerazzurri & I’m a WRS-a-holic! :lol:

Back