GTP_WRS Week 14 : Sjaak's Hyperbool of fun

• Thread starter Argon
  • 270 comments
Hm I hate it when I did a good session with multiple decent sectors but in the end I can only see my GPT. All the other sector times are --:--:00 just the final times are there. I read that you should not quit before the 1st sector in your hot lap but this was just me exiting just before sector 2 started, on the track not after a penalty or something and not in my fastest lap. Is this a known bug?

Hm I hate it when I did a good session with multiple decent sectors but in the end I can only see my GPT. All the other sector times are --:--:00 just the final times are there. I read that you should not quit before the 1st sector in your hot lap but this was just me exiting just before sector 2 started, on the track not after a penalty or something and not in my fastest lap. Is this a known bug?

I have seen this multiple times. To get your sector times you will have to watch your best lap replay. Which is a good idea anyways to make sure it is clean and doesn't bug out at the line.

Only slightly addicting? I racked up about 1500 miles on the green he’ll last week, I just couldn’t put it down, and even when I did I spent my time running over the lap in my head trying to decide if there was a better line or if I had the right gear. :boggled:

I think that may mean I have a problem! :scared:

Hi, I’m Nerazzurri & I’m a WRS-a-holic! :lol:

Shhhh you don't want to scare the new guys. All day I have been sitting here at work thinking how I am going to attack the track tonight, what gears to use, angle for corner entry's. By how much am I going to beat you by this week. Nope I do not have a problem, I think.

Last edited:

Another piece of unfathomable PD nonsense. If you retry within the session then for some reason your sector times will not record. It's really annoying and inconsistent. It's restarting that causes the issue but not always 👍

Last edited:

Further nice improvement in T1, some in T2 and similiar in T3 - still working on turn 4 & 5 gearing/entry/lines etc.

Using elements of @shoenboggie tune and @EDK gearing. Still stock ride height/frequency/ARB and dampers so hoping for more improvement as add in these elements - had better times in T2 already but Graham Hill needs pinpoint accuracy to maximise exit speed.

As others have said @shoenboggie tune makes such a difference for Paddock Hill especially.

Feels so strange to time trial such a short circuit now. Its a track I always avoid (GP version is good), simply because I haven't learned it, so happy to run it in the WRS :). I like the car, mine already as over 1000 km on it from sports races.

First session, all stock, 50 km

I'll run the shared setups in my next session as I still haven't learned it.

Second session, 150 km total, planning on 100 km more tomorrow.

Using @shoenboggie tune with ride height set to front 70 and rear 85. Gears from @EDK. Pretty happy with this setup and lovely to drive, thank you :).

I could maybe find one tenth.

I'd like to thank the infamous* @Allibubba99 for making me talk and drive tonight. :lol: I need to get better at that. :dunce:

Did a 50 lap stint and the best was dirty on Graham Hill's exit. Dangit! 0.5 off optimal.

I like the oversteer @EDK's tune has, and I think I can get a lap done.

* Three Amigos reference

Last edited:
Had time for 25 laps tonight. Adjusting some things on my original tune with toe and slightly lower rear ride height. Improved (.250) at the line. Turn three has messed up a few of my better laps.

I found a bit of toe out at the rear helped reduce the power understeer, otherwise I kept your tune as was. Haven't played around with ride heights though so will give that a try.

Nice splits

It's amazing how sensitive the car is to the diff settings too. Too low and you scrub speed with the inside wheel sponnisp up, too high and you can't get the power down. I settled on 14

I found a bit of toe out at the rear helped reduce the power understeer, otherwise I kept your tune as was. Haven't played around with ride heights though so will give that a try.

Nice splits

It's amazing how sensitive the car is to the diff settings too. Too low and you scrub speed with the inside wheel sponnisp up, too high and you can't get the power down. I settled on 14

I'm using 34 and my right foot. :lol: Was getting too much understeer at 15 for my liking.

2IW6OYrIOx4OjC4nIixNRjvQhqBnH7UUfMLbv4IV_c8g6yjhKqPok0KlF6RbUih7jj-ojb3TlBaToHzWXKCGZsos0MxuEO5k_Rom-Lx0WbSDKz65IIDnDPe8wJoypT8T9faN3cBaUz8SUVEYZ9Z-_296M6g_G6s0a0vLmYeMyKve89hKtv1FsmNMIxNbhBuy7UBBsUJrpjDapF05d-eD4osObVcJN1_vUL-HH0j6ZPUKPBWAAkO9GzMEikZE676naMNXLq05UmoA5JEcttH3OKp7bhGQDUxbjtUKO4i28fyP01ox9dE7hi63-dJbOBnih6LbpTOdk-DxgtQWTvkvPR_LXE--7-y3sMtPmJgjC6dC7WnRl-MoIUUDDj2MTSVa25Kkg4gjcbeij9vfemOsXGfSTKmNVI6y-afysvqLFQReLD8avn3hQ8W847V5Rp_DgxFhjINoiR8s0W-Saq7XQNOqMkVfomjbSAPgwKzBP09xE8HUrlifhAwc3W_ap4VAiyEoEnGoEzkAM2cE0GfDqhG2umXEXiRbiX3isB9vMWrnvlAudGa9mN82l3OelMl4IIO5af7MOiFyp9UCgrbCb43mKlYB6-oTadY-zdk=w1920-h1080-no

submitted

Slow down..:yuck: your right behind me.. nicely done

Thanks. I love this track and car combo, it really fits my driving style. Last night played with tuning, made it way worse, went back to @shoenboggie original tune right before bed. It was then that I realized I had inverted the toe settings originally :dunce: .......(I said I wasn't good at tuning). I ran one lap just to see how it felt, was right behind ghost entire lap. Figure tonight I will set my final PB for week, tonight is my last opportunity to play for 10 days.

Would like to add I was playing around with staying in the higher gears for turn 1, 3, and the last one. When it works it works great, saw some blazing for me S2's, it was tricky but does seem to be faster everywhere.

Last edited:
Last session, 250 km total and about 2 tenth from optimal. Wish I could race this combo as well, would be fun!

Not so happy with T2 and T3, but within my goal and will submit. I won't be able to share an eventual required replay until Sunday evening or Monday morning on March 12.

Somehow I let @Koutch_Pro convince me to give this a try, and tonight I did...have to admit, he was totally right about the S-FR Race Concept being awesome fun to drive, it is indeed a hidden gem in the game.

So, the times...I used @shoenboggie 's tune, but with TCS at 2 (can't really feather the throttle properly with the DS4 yet), and after 160 kms of trying, this is what I got:

Bad time, but I don't know if I can do better. On the plus side, I got to give the Autobacs livery some open air time. And, yay first WRS :D

Back