GTP_WRS Week 143 : Pretty in Pink

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
Thank god none of the fast guys are running.

7 weeks since I last used a wheel....first 15 laps

Need to find some time in sector 2, its not my favorite sector (and I absolutely hate turn 3)

3 tenths quicker at the line.

Lost 2 tenths in sector 3 and another 2 tenths in sector 4

First decent splits:

The car can be downright evil at times. Often I'll be accelerating out of a corner without a problem, when all of a sudden I experience snap oversteer that is far too savage to correct and the lap's gone.

Really need to improve in T1... how is a 37.6xx even possible in there?! James, you are something else. :bowdown:

First decent splits:

The car can be downright evil at times. Often I'll be accelerating out of a corner without a problem, when all of a sudden I experience snap oversteer that is far too savage to correct and the lap's gone.

Really need to improve in T1... how is a 37.6xx even possible in there?! James, you are something else. :bowdown:

Its just all about feeling for the grip. It's a technique I picked up from watching D_Holland videos few years back. This TT reminds me of the Academy TT @ Motegi in 2012, where it was all about inducing a slide on entry and then getting it as straight as possible for the exit. I'm using a similar technique in this. I have always liked my cars tail happy though, suits my driving style.

If you thought his sector 1 was amazing, wait until you see mine! :P

Lost 3 tenths in the last 3 sectors. Gain of a tenth at the line. Oh, and I'm using the 8/8 brake balance.

Lost 3 tenths in the last 3 sectors. Gain of a tenth at the line. Oh, and I'm using the 8/8 brake balance.

Do you use a wheel now? Thought you were still on the trusted DS3, shows I've been away for a while!

Yeah, I've made a permanent switch back in the summer. And I'm glad I did! 👍

First splits, left lots of room for improvement, love the track, the car is fun to drive

I would say great first sector Andrew but you seem to have done that yourself. :sly:

Damned tricky car on the limit... you think you have good traction and suddenly its gone. At full power now anyway and making some progress:

Lucky number 7.... Pretty close to my limit I think. Nice to have you back James, if only to show me how a real alien does it. :P

Getting pretty good at the old self promotion thing I see. :P Must be taking lessons from you know who. :lol:

This combo is so addictive. Thanks WRS team 👍👍👍

Nice run Lucas. I messed up both the Kumho Kurve and the Warsteiner Kurve which cost me in T3. Running 5/4 to make it a little less taily (yes I know it's not a real word, but you know what I mean)...

About those two turns, I was wondering whether it was better to take them in 2nd or in 3rd... ?

The second one is definitely a third gear turn. The first one I did in second on this lap but I braked too early and you can see my sector time suffered to Lucas. Haven't really had the chance to nail it in third yet to confirm one way or the other...

All that said, there's plenty of people faster than me that can give you better guidance 👍

Thanks, Jon.

About 0.24s at the line:

Incredible times being posted. :drool: Nice to kick GT5 on its way out the door with proper battles on a rockin' combo. 👍
Welcome back James, and nice tip on the 8/8 BB. :cheers:

Joost will have to look into Matt's splits, I tried a couple things, but they didn't help. :(

--
I surprised myself in my 1.5hr session tonight...I did a lap that felt heroic only to find it was dirty in the first turn (umm, yeah, early brakes:dunce:). Had to do the exit/change oil/reload dirty ghost thing, and then beat that lap by almost 0.2 on my first try. :eek: Still a few tenths, or at least ... tenths that *I* know of. :sly:

Hey Stranger! Fetchy didn't see your splits for some reason...

What-Oh! :-)

Was I away for that long that I've been cast out? ;)
Thanks for trying Lucas. I need to run a lot more to get back into the swing of things anyway so it's no problem.

Maybe a little too satisfied with my lap tonight, I decided to take some pics to counter Kev's pinks. :P

Dirty!
Nürburgring GP_F_small.jpg

Pretty in Purple!
Nürburgring GP_F_1_small.jpg

Fully committed Schumacher!
Nürburgring GP_F_2_small.jpg

Stock wheels are nice. :cool:
Nürburgring GP_F_3_small.jpg

---
About those two turns, I was wondering whether it was better to take them in 2nd or in 3rd... ?
I definitely like 3rd for both. 👍

Last edited:
Splits from yesterday

Messed up that 3rd sector completely :P

Back