GTP_WRS Week 143 : Pretty in Pink

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments
Found another 2 tenths over the line, now if I can just string it together with the 4 tenths from my best splits I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Had to bring up the active steering, I forgot about that option, shows how much I use it.:lol:

Hummm... A.S.,
attachment.php

.............................................very interesting

And just for you, Chris, we'll put next week's combo up really early to cause you maximum consternation about which one to run. ;)
How early is really early? In all honesty, this one annoyed me so much on Wednesday night, I gave up and started playing GTA V again! :P

How early is really early? In all honesty, this one annoyed me so much on Wednesday night, I gave up and started playing GTA V again! :P
Probably sometime on your Saturday. :P

Haven't *stopped* playing that yet :P

Hope to get the remaining 5hp and run some more at the weekend. Guess I need quite a bit more to get a d1 time.

Had a better session last night. Had a decent lap where I barely cut the chicane, but was able to get it back. Pretty goog T1 & T2, but I'm driving T3 very conservatively for some reason. My splits:

There's more to get, but this may be it for me this week. I'm running the Spartan Fenway race tomorrow, so my legs might be too sore to push pedals this weekend.:crazy:

James et al = James and A7XMav. James gave a bit of a clue that drifting 2012 GTAcademy style was the way, and of course Mav would cop to that fairly quickly. You're 0.4 behind them, and I'm 0.4 behind Kreezy, with no idea where the nitrous button is. :P

Driving line has been great to me in GT1 through GT5, but I'm glad I ditched it recently. Finding track-side markers has become kind of fun, and much less distracting (given enough practice), as you said. Plus for online races, I'm not worried about that guy in front of me who's BLOCKING MY VIEW TO THE RED! :mad::lol:

One more quick bash in a few minutes, then some time Sunday night. And just for you, Chris, we'll put next week's combo up really early to cause you maximum consternation about which one to run. ;)

---
EDIT: Oh crap, I hope it's not our old friend Active Steering = Strong. :rolleyes: Switching it on and I can easily keep up with my best splits even while making N-beers errors. 15 laps with AS=Strong and I have a mistake-ridden lap that was 0.4 up at T3, and a bobble on the final turn made it a 0.3 improvement. Not even going to bother posting it.

Not that I'm fast enough to have a say in this, but often I found the braking zone of the driving line to be too early, besides being just a spoiler to our beloved GT pseudorealism, but of course, everyone of us does what he needs to be faster...

Late start on this one.

Bunch of laps this afternoon. I will work on it this weekend.👍

First go since the weekend...

Dropped a tenth to my best in the each of the first two sectors so probably still looking for 0.3 - 0.4 on the lap

About a quarter of a second at the line...

Hadn't touched this combo in too long... and if I want to run all 4 races this weekend...

EDIT:

Can't believe this... I was ahead of my ghost by 0.6s at T2... and then had an awful T3 :banghead:, but then I had a pretty good T4. Around 0.4s at the line. And the understeer is starting to drive me bonkers :crazy: Time to go to bed, I guess.

Last edited:
Starting to trust the cars mechanical grip a bit more now and it has way more than I was giving it credit for. Actually enjoying it now but it sure does stress me out.

BB 7/5

Thanks Gravitron but I feel I am done now as I made the mistake of rebuilding the chassis... :scared: Now the car is horrible in comparison to what it was.

Looks like it's my turn again :lol: I sure like this track so I'll have to see if I can dig a little deeper :nervous:

Nice run through T3 Nish 👍

I decided the simple way would be to buy another LFA so I did so :lol:, tuxedo black looks very nice on the ugly vehicle. I have it up to 468hp so far I believe.

Thanks I don't think I can touch your T1. Don't know how you are shifting but for me T3 is 4th gear through the Schumacher-S and 3rd through Kuhmo and Warsteiner. At first I was 3rd, 3rd, 2nding.

I have to take some down time, need a short nap before the kids wake up :scared:

with a decent last sector(for me).

just got to get that T2 right

got so damn nervous i blew the last corner:mad:, but still .15 at the line

Last edited:

Scratch that, dirty at the end of T1. Gutted to have dropped that...would have put me just ahead of Matt :sly:
New splits, for now, are
Good T4 as well, but spoilt by losing that 0.3 in T3 🤬

Last edited:
I'm struggling to get another clean lap in. I'll be 3 tenths ahead of my ghost and then be off by inches at the last chicane. :grumpy:

Wasn't too bad running over the green monster.:sly: Tried out 8/8 but found the front wheels would lock to much on me, so I switched to 5/8. Seems to work a bit better for me. New splits:

Nice lap lefty!

I have to work late, so no more runs for me. Submitting with these splits:yuck:

Last edited:
Ahead of my ghost by 0.6s at T3, but only gained 0.2s on the whole lap... and it took me 2 or 3 hours to get this... guess who's not a happy camper right now :grumpy: The only other better lap I got during all that time, I had gained a meagre 0.035s at the line...

I will very probably submit this lap.

No more time so submitted current splits. Definitely had some pace that I was happy with this week, but lost too many good laps through the Schumacher S (including the submitted lap that has a 30.054 T3 against a best of 29.725). Happy with T1, T2 and T4 though so I guess I shouldn't be greedy. Good luck everyone. Am decorating this week but hope to get a few runs at Indy :cheers:

Back