GTP_WRS Week 143 : Pretty in Pink

• Thread starter EDK
  • 171 comments

not a very good chicane, too late on the brakes:ouch:

I thought I would go against the grain of pinks and purples with an Earth tone, matte brown. It looks pretty good, and I don't think anyone in next week's race will be using it :lol:. One other thing, when I was knocking time off yesterday, my best times were with ABS set up around 8 with a BB of 8\8, it may have been a coincidence, but it seemed to help me.

zdhn.jpg

fkki.jpg

I'm losing so much time in the first two sectors. :banghead: My best split is a 1:05.288 with a 37.4 sector 1.

Always loved this track, it reminds me of a scrambles track :)

T1: 38.800
T2: 28.498
T3: 30.607

S
till more to go :)

T1: 38.597
T2: 28.539
T3: 30.464

Last edited:
Finally hooked my sectors up, hanging on by the seat of my pants

Late start but this is a good one.

I still have some break in to do but that should give me enough time to go buy another so I can get the right paint chip. :)

Found another second just by changing the paint! :D

Last edited:
Why are my splits not the board?

I'll post them again..

Why are my splits not the board?

I'll post them again..

That did it. 👍 And those are quick! :eek:

And just re-quoting this for laughs. :P

Thank god none of the fast guys are running.

Did a bunch of full laps to try to sew up the rhythm, but only found a few hundredths:

Three tenths or more are hiding from me. Decided to show them who's boss by taking airborne shortcuts. :lol:

Nürburgring GP_F.jpg

Nürburgring GP_F_2.jpg

Nürburgring GP_F_1.jpg

Nürburgring GP_F_3.jpg

I'm "away" for 1 day and suddenly find myself 6 tenths behind the leader :crazy:

Finally hooked my sectors up, hanging on by the seat of my pants

Great splits! 👍

Where do you guys start braking for turn 1? I always seem to brake too early or too late.

Decided to show them who's boss by taking airborne shortcuts. :lol:

:lol:

Home early last night and cleared the decks for a good session. Set BOB off around GVS to run my shiny new LFA in and whilst he was doing that I got meals out of the way. I then started to put in some solid laps with a full power car and was just about to clock a really good lap that was over a second faster than my previous best.....DING! + Black screen. First thought, power is out but nope TV is still working so that can't be it. Look at PS3 and it's red-lighted. Punch the power on button and it fires up, *phew*, displays "did not power off message...bla,bla, bla then ejects GT5 disk, I reach down to grab it but clumsily knock it back into the machine and it black screens again.

I now have the YLOD.....flipping thing has lasted almost 5 years then two weeks before GT6 comes out it throws the towel in......grrrrrrr

I was hoping to join in the fun but I'm now relegated to the grandstand until I can procure another PS3. Hope to be back soon :)

Last edited:
On paternity this week so might be able to find a bit of time between feeds and noise.

Thank you! Had a boy, so will be able to buy scalextric, lego and all the other things I liked as a kid! Haha!

Had slightly faster splits with a bad T1 , but a good 4 tenths quicker over the line.

Congratulations!! Those are the exact same things I used to do with my dad!!!

I'm "away" for 1 day and suddenly find myself 6 tenths behind the leader :crazy:

Great splits! 👍

Where do you guys start braking for turn 1? I always seem to brake too early or too late.

:lol:

I just tried to time my braking as I hit the crest, the racing line indication is quite a good indicator on this one, normally just after it turns red.

You use the racing line James? I've never used it at all... gave it a quick try when GT5 first came out but found it distracting. :indiff:

Not often I say this either but I'm missing a trick with this car; struggling to keep my current pace and certainly no clue how James et al are going that fast.. :scared: Must be the car since I'm generally on or not far off the pace round GP/F. My alien disguise has been busted already... didn't take long. :P

You use the racing line James? I've never used it at all... gave it a quick try when GT5 first came out but found it distracting. :indiff:

Not often I say this either but I'm missing a trick with this car; struggling to keep my current pace and certainly no clue how James et al are going that fast.. :scared: Must be the car since I'm generally on or not far off the pace round GP/F. My alien disguise has been busted already... didn't take long. :P

Yes I've always had it on even since prologue, for some reason I have never taken it off. It just a mental thing I guess. It certainly helps with braking points on some tracks and in particular this track I think. I've always got on well with the Nurburgring configurations as well.

First attempt, running a 8/6 BB
Not my favorite car in the world :guilty:.

Last edited:
0:38.743
0:28.609
0:30.293

After three attempts.

James et al = James and A7XMav. James gave a bit of a clue that drifting 2012 GTAcademy style was the way, and of course Mav would cop to that fairly quickly. You're 0.4 behind them, and I'm 0.4 behind Kreezy, with no idea where the nitrous button is. :P

Driving line has been great to me in GT1 through GT5, but I'm glad I ditched it recently. Finding track-side markers has become kind of fun, and much less distracting (given enough practice), as you said. Plus for online races, I'm not worried about that guy in front of me who's BLOCKING MY VIEW TO THE RED! :mad::lol:

One more quick bash in a few minutes, then some time Sunday night. And just for you, Chris, we'll put next week's combo up really early to cause you maximum consternation about which one to run. ;)

---
EDIT: Oh crap, I hope it's not our old friend Active Steering = Strong. :rolleyes: Switching it on and I can easily keep up with my best splits even while making N-beers errors. 15 laps with AS=Strong and I have a mistake-ridden lap that was 0.4 up at T3, and a bobble on the final turn made it a 0.3 improvement. Not even going to bother posting it.

Last edited:
EDIT: Oh crap, I hope it's not our old friend Active Steering = Strong. :rolleyes: Switching it on and I can easily keep up with my best splits even while making N-beers errors.

Hmm hope not. Really kills my mood for the competition.

Back