GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
Haphephobia

It’s my new word. It describes a fear of touching or, being touched.

Pretty much describes this weeks’ event; I’m almost spent! My optimal appears beyond my grasp, maybe time for one more stint but nothing new to report today. Gla.
Same goes for me, still haven't managed to pull out a decent lap, and with the deadline closing in, looks like I probably won't submit this week. Plus, Sunday wine is kicking in:cheers:

By the power of wine, I did manage to pull one more clean lap, which also happens to be my fastest up until now.

Optimum says I can be half a second faster, but my mind and body cannot: I think I cannot handle any more pinballing through Tokyo, so this is the lap I will submit. I do have to apologize in advance for two things:

1) The replay fades out a bunch of seconds after the line. Don't ask me why, but this challenge seems to be rigged with bad luck for me: did a clean lap, replay bugged and the lap didn't get saved. Then I did a better lap, decided to do another one after it to prevent fading replays, but I was drunk so it turned out faster than my previous, but dirty. Then I did this lap, did two veeeery slow laps after it, and replay fades like 2-3 secs after the line. Something's terribly wrong.

2) There is a HUGE close call. This huge:

2vmx4l4.jpg

I did check the replay. Three times, actually, with chase cam, chase cam but holding L1, and replay cam, haven't seen sparks flying, so it should be clean. Can anyone give me another opinion, before I subit? Wouldn't want to end up being disqualified. Thanks :cheers:

By the power of wine, I did manage to pull one more clean lap, which also happens to be my fastest up until now.

Optimum says I can be half a second faster, but my mind and body cannot: I think I cannot handle any more pinballing through Tokyo, so this is the lap I will submit. I do have to apologize in advance for two things:

1) The replay fades out a bunch of seconds after the line. Don't ask me why, but this challenge seems to be rigged with bad luck for me: did a clean lap, replay bugged and the lap didn't get saved. Then I did a better lap, decided to do another one after it to prevent fading replays, but I was drunk so it turned out faster than my previous, but dirty. Then I did this lap, did two veeeery slow laps after it, and replay fades like 2-3 secs after the line. Something's terribly wrong.

2vmx4l4.jpg

I did check the replay. Three times, actually, with chase cam, chase cam but holding L1, and replay cam, haven't seen sparks flying, so it should be clean. Can anyone give me another opinion, before I subit? Wouldn't want to end up being disqualified. Thanks :cheers:
That’s not close :sly:

Won’t have much time to run before deadline so good luck guys :cheers:

Great splits from all drivers and team reps 👍

I wont be running this one again but will submit what I have even though my placing would deserve a demotion if it was part of the handicap consideration :D:tup:

GLA in the results :cheers:

No sparks, no foul I think. Looks clean to my unedumacated eye.
If you're in any doubt though, guidelines say to bin it.
I know, and I should, but I can't run that pinball again or I'll end up in a mental health clinic :nervous: but it looks clean to me since nothing sparkled, and you guys said the same...so, I'll give it a shot and submit it. Don't have time to do anything better anyways, deadline is close. Thanks to you both :cheers:

Feel like I am leaving so much time out there. Have seen way better splits across the board but all on dirty laps.

Great combo though, great fun! Even if stressful!

Not submitting yet... hoping to get some more time on this later.

Public service announcement.

We use GMT time, which is not subject to Daylight Savings Time (Today in most US states) or British Summer Time (2 weeks from now).

All of that to say, pay close attention. This shift means you actually have MORE time than you otherwise would, the deadline in real time will be an hour later than it was.

Google is Your Friend, if you do a search for 'current time in GMT' it will show you. :)

Clean as a whistle that 👍 and my reply vades out soon as I cross the line, I have to watch it twice to get the last sector and the full lap time.

@shoenboggie :eek::eek::eek: :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
:cheers:
:cheers:

Ummm...."shoenboggie"??? Is that by any chance German or some other language for "sandbagger"?

Ha, it is German for “fast street” actually...

Feel I have a (.300) gain at the line if I don’t mess up sector four and the last two corners. This TT matches my driving style and handles a bit like my daily driver. Heavy Audi with upgrade suspension bits that does not like full throttle in the corners.

My current best time reflects a so so sector four, so I will drop some. Thinking a top five would be nice in the end.

I'm done. No more improvement. There was a brief moment when I was really enjoying this combo but now I'm just getting frustrated trying for that extra second I'm apparently capable of. Then I stuff it into the wall. :banghead:

I'm done. No more improvement. There was a brief moment when I was really enjoying this combo but now I'm just getting frustrated trying for that extra second I'm apparently capable of. Then I stuff it into the wall. :banghead:
Feel ya. :cheers:

My clean/red laps ratio dropped from 1/15 in the beginning to around 1/75 atm :ouch: pushing hard is the only way to improve now, so there is loads of red laps incomming on me. But I need to run this for more, to hit what I think I can achieve. :scared:

2vmx4l4.jpg

When viewing your replay its best to use the walk-around option if that is not what your using.

Its the first option with the two-feet icon, you can get right up behind your wheel next to the curb and look for clear day-light, if you feel the next frame could be closer you can then go back to the play button, don't push this. Use the next arrow button to the right which is the frame by frame button, then repeat as above.

Hope that helps you.

Phillip.

Finally managed to get a lap in where I can at least be somewhat happy with.

Having multiple laps in this area makes me feel that if I really want to get more than a second off to the real fast guys, I have to completely change the line and gears I'm using in some corners. I did ruin tunnel exit in this one and still like 6th of my OPT with this one:(

Clean as a whistle that 👍 and my reply vades out soon as I cross the line, I have to watch it twice to get the last sector and the full lap time.

It's a thing with this track, my first good replay dropped out a foot before the line I was gutted. So then I did as Mike advised and run on till past the first sector, then I went on to half a lap just to be sure.

But the replays still don't go on that far past the finish line.

When viewing your replay its best to use the walk-around option if that is not what your using.

Its the first option with the two-feet icon, you can get right up behind your wheel next to the curb and look for clear day-light, if you feel the next frame could be closer you can then go back to the play button, don't push this. Use the next arrow button to the right which is the frame by frame button, then repeat as above.

Hope that helps you.

Phillip.
I did use the walkaround mode for that picture, I also did a complete walk round the car both from above and beneath, for as much as I could (walls block the camera for reasons I don't know, wish I could go more above them). There seems to be space to me, but more opinions are welcome of course!

I did use the walkaround mode for that picture, I also did a complete walk round the car both from above and beneath, for as much as I could (walls block the camera for reasons I don't know, wish I could go more above them). There seems to be space to me, but more opinions are welcome of course!

That's it you can only do your best, the rest is in the hands of the god's.

It's a thing with this track, my first good replay dropped out a foot before the line I was gutted. So then I did as Mike advised and run on till past the first sector, then I went on to half a lap just to be sure.

But the replays still don't go on that far past the finish line.
I did an extra lap, then went slow passing the first sector and exited coming out of the tunnel, must be something wrong with the reply’s.

I’m done now... improved slightly at the line (.176). Better last sector this run.

Good luck everyone and I take back everything I said about this track.

You're absolutely on it this week. Cracking splits.

I haven't had chance to drive since weds, have done about 30 laps. Uber keen to get back in the driving seat tomorrow evening. Im surprised I enjoyed this combo, this track isn't one I choose to go on.

You're absolutely on it this week. Cracking splits.

I haven't had chance to drive since weds, have done about 30 laps. Uber keen to get back in the driving seat tomorrow evening. Im surprised I enjoyed this combo, this track isn't one I choose to go on.

Agree, took a while to adjust to the track, went from 1 out 10 clean laps to only 1 out of 20 dirty laps.

Really surprised myself with my pace here.

Good luck!

Back