GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
  • 27,061 views
Decided to do a couple of laps before bed ... an hour later and both fastest time and opt have lowered by around .2 from my previous session. Still more time to find.

19.286
16.318
18.882
 
Who wants to race this combo on Sat WW timeslot?

Little behind on thread creates and just want to see if you guys and gals think we can race this mother.

Yes that was a reference to the movie Rad, sorry.


The alternative is Samba Buses on track vote. :p

I'm not really opposed to racing this combo. My Huracan tho... I can't say she would like it at all. Poor thing would be missing mirrors, scratched rims, white stripes on the tires, not to mention the new paint scheme afterwards.

But, I don't think I will be making any races for this one. My daughter will be here for the week. So, racing will be minimal I'm sure.

Btw, Samba buses could be entertaining :boggled:. I tried it on the ring... That was Tuesday, I would probably be completing my first lap about now if I hadn't quit :p
 
Last edited:
I must be a freak then. but then I did apply for the part of driving Miss Daisy

Don't worry you are not alone :P I restart every time I tickle a wall.. don't think I ever been past lap 3 in one stint and I've yet to see a red lap on my side panel so my score is 0

It's simply down to old WRS habits of restarting after any incident and hence why I dont race online much because this habit would have me exit the grid first time there's a touch or an off :D
 
After 20 invalidated laps in a row Wednesday night, I was able to string 10 plus clean ones in a row this morning.

Running +4 BB and running the next gear up than I normally would in certain corners. Big improvement at the line of just under a second.

This is a really great car.

18.914
16.264
18.434
 
Updated splits, this is it for me and this TT. Definitely demands precision placement of the car and keeping momentum up as much as possible. I hope we use this car again in the future.

19.149
16.076
17.975
 
That's me done for a bit, will try again over the weekend, wine is calling me and I don't think this is a track for drunk driving!!!! :cheers:

19.155
16.473
18.903
 
19.333
16.215
18.764

This combo keeps giving.:)


The Bull:

20180309195249.jpg


20180309195218.jpg


20180309195231.jpg
 
21.698
17.428
21.105

Only second day of this again with 100 miles run (including inevitable restarts). Proving to be very frustrating as clean lap is so far off optimum in each session run. Lots of time left to unlock - here's hoping can string better cleaner lap together over weekend. Nothing wrong with the car - just my lack of smooth driving !
 
Who wants to race this combo on Sat WW timeslot?

Little behind on thread creates and just want to see if you guys and gals think we can race this mother.

Yes that was a reference to the movie Rad, sorry.


The alternative is Samba Buses on track vote. :p
I would like to race this combo but I can't Saturday because I will still be at work. 12 hour shift tomorrow since we are busy. I will race Wednesday if there is races Wednesday.
 
I'd also like to do the WW race. These WRS races are always fun and I think this week will be really fun with a tough challenge. I'd give Tokyo a shot regardless of endurance or sprint races
 
Gravitron I'll try provisional as I'm normally in bed come 8 or 9pm as my body by then is all in, I become a rolling hazard on track.

I would say you may have to rethink your start and pit stops along the lines of slowest first to keep the field interesting, or you'll just end up with front runners off into the sunset.

A number of compulsory pit stops or very high tyre / fuel usage, giving the chance of safe passing on pit strategy so limiting any possible carnage

Edit: Just did a custom race of 10 laps 14 cars one make, penalties strong fuel 5 laps set at 10, only asked to slow down once. Think I may have just found my Monaco 78 lap endurance race I used to love doing.
@dranddad - I tried to friend you on PSN but couldn't find you.

We tested all your suggestions and others, but decided to go with ZERO tire/fuel usage (closer to the TT physics), quick 8 lap sprints. We'll shuffle the grid positions. :D I can open the room early, say 10am Pacific / 6pm GMT. People can drop in and out as they are available.

If we'd do a longer race ( 1:2X avg lap x 36laps = 50min):
tires 3x / fuel 7x = 8 laps on fuel map 1 = 4 stops vs 3 stops

You have to pay the toll every time you go to the pits...I'd rather avoid that and have more epic 4WD grid starts. :lol:

Thanks @roamer2629 for telling us tonight how this combo came about! :gtpflag:
 
If I could just get that final turn right for two laps in a row, then I could take another half a second off a time that's already faster than my target.

19.223
16.310
18.835
 
I just can’t get a good last 2 sectors when on a good lap, I had a .844 T2 only to mess up the last 2 sectors as usual. I really struggle exiting the tunnel in T3 and if I get it half right I mess up the final 2 turns :banghead:

Will try again tonight
 
I just can’t get a good last 2 sectors when on a good lap, I had a .844 T2 only to mess up the last 2 sectors as usual. I really struggle exiting the tunnel in T3 and if I get it half right I mess up the final 2 turns :banghead:

Will try again tonight
Super cereal, as @GTP_Nail would say. Ha :p
 
@dranddad - I tried to friend you on PSN but couldn't find you.

We tested all your suggestions and others, but decided to go with ZERO tire/fuel usage (closer to the TT physics), quick 8 lap sprints. We'll shuffle the grid positions. :D I can open the room early, say 10am Pacific / 6pm GMT. People can drop in and out as they are available.

If we'd do a longer race ( 1:2X avg lap x 36laps = 50min):
tires 3x / fuel 7x = 8 laps on fuel map 1 = 4 stops vs 3 stops

You have to pay the toll every time you go to the pits...I'd rather avoid that and have more epic 4WD grid starts. :lol:

Thanks @roamer2629 for telling us tonight how this combo came about! :gtpflag:

Thanks Gravitron. (I'll find you on PSN)

I took a knock out med so I got more than 3 hours last night, so I'm good to go. Please open room as you would normally don't move things for this grumpy old codger. I was going to ask how I sign up but i'll sort it.

I've not raced online for a long time as I can't trust my body in close racing, I will move over where I can to let you faster chaps pass.
 
The Bull:
Beautiful livery :bowdown:

Had managed today to get a wonderful (for my standards, at least) lap, with a 19.2-3 first sector...but I had to invalidate it on the last corner, because why not :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Not sure if I'll manage to submit a time this week, but I'll still keep on trying!
 
Back