GTP_WRS Week 15 : Huracanyo

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 382 comments
  • 27,058 views
Absolutely bottled the last corner, but a clean lap none the less.... Positives and all that.

4 tenths off optimal but much quicker than yesterday. I switched to the front of car view, nice and low down and the full screen width is the car width so has helped judge that.

19.227
16.194
18.579
 
A few tenths down at the line, getting close to my next target. I wonder why the car always has those scratches in the fastest lap replay... :p

19.071
16.182
18.816
 
I’m off work tomorrow so gonna have to try pull something out of the bag to get a better time.
I know it’s there it’s just finding it:idea:
But gotta say what a great combo this is :)👍
 
Just swearing. Lots and lots of swearing! I've even started growling on occasion :boggled:
I feel you, sometimes I really struggle to hold on the swears while pinballing through Tokyo :banghead:
 
Gained a second at the line. Honestly, did not think I would even get in the ball park of this lap. Have really struggled on this one.

19.239
16.364
18.979

I am still gonna keep trying for more.
 
18.949
16.098
18.424

Seems I was simply braking too much for turn 1.. just a tickle makes all the difference 👍

Will try again over the weekend! GLA :cheers:
 
Did a long run of 63 laps, 12 of which were green. I only improved slightly, but there is apparently another second out there if I can get my ultimate lap done clean.

I also invented some new swear words, because I wore all the other ones out.

19.298
16.433
18.806
 
Might as well post where I'm at with my "cleanest" lap (just 1 tap of the tires on the curb on the right coming out of the final tunnel left uphiller). Definitely won't be submitting that, but just want to get on the board.

19.465
16.738
18.873
 
The Captain usually has the hardest job. :D Tons of distractions keeping you from driving.

It's cool that we are so close with such different controls on the game. 👍 That motion control DS4 is working well for you!
 
Who wants to race this combo on Sat WW timeslot?

Little behind on thread creates and just want to see if you guys and gals think we can race this mother.

Yes that was a reference to the movie Rad, sorry.


The alternative is Samba Buses on track vote. :p
 
The Captain usually has the hardest job. :D Tons of distractions keeping you from driving.

It's cool that we are so close with such different controls on the game. 👍 That motion control DS4 is working well for you!
Thanks :D Moved to the MC after feeling real pain in thumbs while driving the stick (not sure why I cannot keep my control of the stick as lose and easy as possible, always pushing hard so the pain is an inevitable result) and found it pretty neat for smoother racing, almost as with wheel (without feel for the weight of the car). 👍

Will probably beat my record in next sessions so I can win at least something :D:gtpflag:

Who wants to race this combo on Sat WW timeslot?

Little behind on thread creates and just want to see if you guys and gals think we can race this mother.

Yes that was a reference to the movie Rad, sorry.


The alternative is Samba Buses on track vote. :p
Saturday Night Show sounds good for me (crazy combos are fun to race :D - my only win online was Plymouth "UFO" in Rome in GT6), but I fear, there won't be enough Kamikazes for this :D
 
Gravitron I'll try provisional as I'm normally in bed come 8 or 9pm as my body by then is all in, I become a rolling hazard on track.

I would say you may have to rethink your start and pit stops along the lines of slowest first to keep the field interesting, or you'll just end up with front runners off into the sunset.

A number of compulsory pit stops or very high tyre / fuel usage, giving the chance of safe passing on pit strategy so limiting any possible carnage

Edit: Just did a custom race of 10 laps 14 cars one make, penalties strong fuel 5 laps set at 10, only asked to slow down once. Think I may have just found my Monaco 78 lap endurance race I used to love doing.
 
Last edited:
Back