• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 169 comments
1'03.633

Yes,gearing is key this week.:scared:

Thanks for your set-up, NLxAROSA.

1'03.633

Yes,gearing is key this week.:scared:

Thanks for your set-up, NLxAROSA.
You're welcome! 👍 Gearing can either make or break you with this combo. :) You might want to adjust some of the other settings like toe and camber to your own liking though, I got really different reports from the test drivers.

Why only by request?

It's an image thing - What "real tuner" would actually post a tune for a Daihatsu Copen in his garage? :lol: (Apologies Lars but I did add the laughing smiley to show I was joking)

How can I not add a car that has the same initials as my shop? ;) Besides, I don't mind saying in public I actually like this car. :)

Yes i do my shopping with one of these every Saturday night, in England we call them shopping trolleys

Wasn't going to run this, was bored so had a crack, sorted my gearing, think it's spot on, just got to sort out the rest of the car.

T1 35.907
T2 1'02.826

More to come, made a mess of the one corner i had to do inbetween T1 and T2

Tune used Wanna_B Sandbagger Special

Last edited:
Some improvement:

T1: 0'36.685
T2: 1'03.780

After testing with some of the drivers, I adapted my tune a bit and came up with this. Hope it helps you shave off a bit of time. :)

I tested that damper suggestion tonight. I think it's worth noting and making public as I just set some new splits which were helped by the change I fel, only hindered by me dropping a wheel at the hairpin at the end of the climb and losing a tenth or two there.

Dampers 5/3

Splits:

1'03.039

It helped through that turn in T2, thus why it's the quickest time for the T2 sector on the leaderboard at the moment, she doesn't understeer anything like she used to. May even try higher than fronts of 5.

:)

First splits for this combo, using NLxAROSA's tune.
Thanks, Lars. 👍

1'03.575

First splits for me, using the DC tune with a little different toe.

1:03.644

Fun combo. :dopey:

I tested that damper suggestion tonight.
I did in fact increase the front damper setting from 2 to 4. I also increased the rear damper setting from 3 to 6. Makes it a very nimble little car. :) I also modified 3rd gear to suit the parts after the bridge better.

New splits, using Paulie's tune but my own gearing:

1'03.432

Slightly quicker in each sector, but improved at the line by .2

Why only by request?

Because the chance that anyone will ever use this tune again after this week seems very unlikely. I could post it in this thread I suppose (rather than TLD), would you like me to do that?

It's an image thing - What "real tuner" would actually post a tune for a Daihatsu Copen in his garage? :lol: (Apologies Lars but I did add the laughing smiley to show I was joking)

How can I not add a car that has the same initials as my shop? ;) Besides, I don't mind saying in public I actually like this car. :)

It's not image, I'd definitely post this car if it was for a more common PP level, or a normal online event. Not that WRS is not important (because it is :dopey:), but it's a one week event.:)

Done for this evening

T1 35.748
T2 1'02.608

WHOA!!!!!:eek:

Last edited:
T1: 36.043
T2: 1'02.842
using Paulie's tune.

Spent most of the time to avoid wheelspin at the turns before T1..:crazy:

I could post it in this thread I suppose (rather than TLD), would you like me to do that?

If it is possible,👍

hello everyone Im back .
big racer if you would put up my t times
not sure my div yet sent in qualifer
t1 35.376 T 21'02.787 thanks .

Hi George,nice to have you back.

One request though concerning your split-times.
I could be wrong but please check the tires on the replay.
It is N3 all around for this week.

Last edited:
big racer disregard t s please set n,3 didn't save sorry my mistake Im learning
computer new to me.
e.d.k thanks. sjaak nice catch ,sorry getting usto new game.

big racer legit t,s and tire's.
t,1 39.426 t,2 1'08.803.
sorry guy's great to be racing again .

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that when you exit from the game, it will lose your reduced weight on the Daihatsu. Check it, as I was really worried at why I was so slow!

Now you tell me! I thought I was just really slow.

Actually I am really slow, and this just made it worse :)

Remember that when you exit from the game, it will lose your reduced weight on the Daihatsu. Check it, as I was really worried at why I was so slow!
That took me almost half an hour to realize that that had happened. I was getting fine T1 times, but was at a complete loss at what happened climbing up the hill. Anyway, here are my new sector times, with some room for improvement at T1 (2 tenth max), but that will be about it for this week I'm afraid. :grumpy:

T1: 36.215
T2: 1'03.030

After several weeks away I am back for at least this week.

No real times to post yet, mostly just trying out NLxAROSA's tune. Got a t1 of about 38 and a t2 of about 1'08. I guess with this car there wasn't much choice, but when adjusting a car for a particular pp I would rather have it so that you can choose to have less weight, more hp or something in between. I really hate that dip in the powerband. I would usually increase hp until the power got too 'peaky' and then take the rest of the pp allowed with weight decreases. Since this week we have the max hp and min weight it leaves only the suspension and gearing to tune.

I wonder how well PD did the aerodynamics of the car 'in-flight' I can't imagine such a short, light car staying straight while flying down the hill. Especially when its on the side of a mountain... I'll have to look next time and see if there are any flags blowing to show the wind speed and direction. Maybe once damage is in the game people will have to slow down for that jump to prevent damage on the landing or the car flipping and spinning in the air.

Back