GTP_WRS Week 16 : Daihatsu Copen @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 169 comments
Flying? Ease up, I think I'm at about 93 when I hit the brakes on the start straight.

DC's gearing should reduce any really big noticeable dip in the powerband and going on those splits I'd say you're missing either the full HP or minimum weight.

Had an even better time with this in my second run. New splits -

1:03.584

Will come back to this one over the weekend.

Board Update
through my post. 👍

New times

T1 - 35.757
T2 - 1'02.572

Did that with the TLD tune.

Last edited:
Some incredibly fast splits coming in now.👍 I didn't think my time at the top would last long.:lol: By request I'm going to post my tune in this thread as well, it was also interesting to see just how many people have asked for it (an incredible 11 :)), even if it's not the final tune they use.:)

TLD Daihatsu Copen Turbo 3
(78kw) (99.9Nm) (705kg) (415 PP)

daihatsu%20copen%20niot.net.jpg

Performance:

Power: +100
Weight: 85%
Tyres: N3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates: 7/2
Damper: 1/1
Toe: 0.00/-0.40
Camber: 0.6/0.2

Brake Balance: 3/10

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, if not regulated by race rules

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.645
2nd: 2.019
3rd: 1.360
4th: 1.040
5th: 0.816
Final: 5.500

Description: Dear Sir/Madam, if you are reading this now then you are one of the lucky people to be trying The Lion's Den's Copen Turbo 3 (3 cylinders see?). Designed for a tight mountain race being held in GT Planet's Weekly Race Series, it is essentially useless and bad at everything else. However, in this specific one-make event, with strict regulations on what is allowed to go under hood, on the rims and out the body, it is a little beauty. Enjoy.:)

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Ummm, you'll never guess it, but Eiger ;)

Tuner's Notes:
WARNING: This is one of those cars that suffers from the weight bug, in that every time you leave the event and come back to it, your weight will have reset itself to 100%
Tuned as a 4spd, in case you hadn't noticed that's as short as it will go, but it would probably perform worse with a 5spd anyway.:crazy:
Soft dampers to absorb the bumps and keep the tyres in contact with the road, especially as the car is so light.
It so nearly made 100Nm :P
Low camber ensures tyre contact with road to help avoid wheelspin
This car could use an LSD ;)

First splits for me

1:03.301

somewhat improved now I'm running at the correct weight :D

I keep losing lots of time in T1:ouch:
I now started using left foot braking, which impoved my times by a few tenths, but I still can't seem to nail T1:nervous:

My first splits:

36:806
1:03:763

I am having serious issues with this track, since I only like the landscape of Eiger Nordwand, but not the track at all! That is a road for landscaping, not for making time trials! :crazy:
Still a LOT of improvement to do...That was with DC tune, I will try Lion´s Den tune to figure out what happens...

Some incredibly fast splits coming in now.👍 I didn't think my time at the top would last long.:lol: By request I'm going to post my tune in this thread as well, it was also interesting to see just how many people have asked for it (an incredible 11 :)), even if it's not the final tune they use.:)

TLD Daihatsu Copen Turbo 3
(78kw) (99.9Nm) (705kg) (415 PP)

daihatsu%20copen%20niot.net.jpg

Performance:

Power: +100
Weight: 85%
Tyres: N3

Settings:

Suspension:
Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rates: 7/2
Damper: 1/1
Toe: 0.00/-0.40
Camber: 0.6/0.2

Brake Balance: 3/10

Max Turn Angle: 50

All driving aids are up to driver, if not regulated by race rules

Gear Ratios:
1st: 2.645
2nd: 2.019
3rd: 1.360
4th: 1.040
5th: 0.816
Final: 5.500

Description: Dear Sir/Madam, if you are reading this now then you are one of the lucky people to be trying The Lion's Den's Copen Turbo 3 (3 cylinders see?). Designed for a tight mountain race being held in GT Planet's Weekly Race Series, it is essentially useless and bad at everything else. However, in this specific one-make event, with strict regulations on what is allowed to go under hood, on the rims and out the body, it is a little beauty. Enjoy.:)

Tracks Tuned For/On:
Ummm, you'll never guess it, but Eiger ;)

Tuner's Notes:
WARNING: This is one of those cars that suffers from the weight bug, in that every time you leave the event and come back to it, your weight will have reset itself to 100%
Tuned as a 4spd, in case you hadn't noticed that's as short as it will go, but it would probably perform worse with a 5spd anyway.:crazy:
Soft dampers to absorb the bumps and keep the tyres in contact with the road, especially as the car is so light.
It so nearly made 100Nm :P
Low camber ensures tyre contact with road to help avoid wheelspin
This car could use an LSD ;)

I shall give this a try Paulie:tup:

New and improved. Darn, this is one addictive combo. :P

T1: 35.927
T2: 1'02.766

FWD is not really my cup of tea, but I'll give it a go...

T1 35.958
T2 1'02.958

Session 2 for me, slight gain in both splits and a couple of 10'ths at the line,

T1 - 36.168
T2 - 1.03.038

DC Tune used for this run

Last edited:
10 laps to start using DCT. cool combo :)

36.403 / 1'03.273

socks for me, it gets too sticky barefoot... I need the slip. :)

I feel like a right idiot, I can't find the car unless its the Daihatsu Copen '02 because I can't find an Daihatsu Copen Active Top '02 in the dealership.

Back