GTP_WRS Week 167 : El Campmino

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 140 comments

What a... Unique experience. I'm not feeling this combo yet :) about how much do you turn your steering wheel on those first turns? I'm bad with low speed corners with DFGT

What a... Unique experience. I'm not feeling this combo yet :) about how much do you turn your steering wheel on those first turns? I'm bad with low speed corners with DFGT
I turn sharper for the first one than the second, basically as far as my arms will let the wheel turn while maintaining hand position, maybe 200 degrees?

That lets you approach the second turn with a more open angle and get on the throttle sooner, as I'd mentioned in my earlier write up of the first couple turns.

If you find yourself wanting to turn the wheel more, try braking more. ;)

Line is more important than speed right there.

My arse went on the last bend and lost roughly .150 overall on my dream lap :( beat my best lap anyway so it's saved... will try again before the deadline :)

GLA 👍

Looking at the Data Tracker of the 2 laps it's getting on the throttle better out of the final corner of the 1st sector
Well, that corner is the key to the whole lap. ;)

The final corner is also important, but is easier to be consistent with.

I suggest you go watch the lap from the diving view and see what you did differently there, and then try to repeat it.

You would be surprised how much that can help.

I find this challenge intriguing and I'd like to spend more time on it, but tonight I'm leaving the city and I'll be back on tuesday :( don't know if I'll submit this one.

My car has it installed also.. will be keeping an eye on this development and as soon as I see a speed gain due to it being removed mine will get booted up again and that camper booted off :lol:
:lol: ;)

Only rounded splits, because I don't feel like driving around the track to work the correct ones out. The car feels terrible even if it is fun, and the lack of a red with one blue door colour option irritates me, so I put the camper on and painted it Passionate Pink, because it's been a while since I've done that. No, I wasn't thinking camp = pink, I was thinking 'how can I make it even uglier?'. :lol:

Back