GTP_WRS Week 167 : El Campmino

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 140 comments
Ran some laps earlier, and even bettered my current splits slightly. But then crashed in the last turn. 👎

So I submitted and am moving on to the Mazda.

Pretty sure the win is not mine, my final sector is off by just a bit from my best and I am guessing Ron was focused on overall lap time and has a monster final sector.

"Submission for week 167 is REJECTED!"? Why? .....no! Nooo! NOOOOOOO! ... "Tuning: Prohibited"...Aaaargh!
There should be a very specific reason in the PM. I assume you added parts?

Since i last ran there are hardly any D2 participants. I guess i cant really talk as have been out for so long -but it is a slight shame to see. Would love some healthy comp in D2 - or have all the D2ers moved up to D1. I was happy when i was leading the D2 "pack" - but now im last in D2 - hahah. Only 2 people look like they are running from D2. Need to not get complacent and keep the D3ers at bay . Havent run this since Wednesday - may have to submit that time and start again on the next weeks!

Or i could run until im ahead of all the D2 and maybe a couple D1ers? Hmmmm.Decisions decisions
There are a few more D2s out here ;). This one just hasn't been racing much in the past few weeks :(. Work pattern has been all over the place and I felt a little more like exploring the West Indies on a pirate ship and assassinating some Templars when I got a chance to turn the PS3 on :D. Going to go buy me a Mazda in a minute though 👍

EDK
There should be a very specific reason in the PM. I assume you added parts?

my fault...yes: i added parts but power parts...since I had no problem joining the last WRS#167 online race I thought it was ok...
I hope I'll have the chance to run some other laps before midnight...I'll submit the results anyway.
...so sorry, managed to run first sector in less then 32"....

There are a few more D2s out here ;). This one just hasn't been racing much in the past few weeks :(. Work pattern has been all over the place and I felt a little more like exploring the West Indies on a pirate ship and assassinating some Templars when I got a chance to turn the PS3 on :D. Going to go buy me a Mazda in a minute though 👍

what is a D2? please publish a "GT6 Urban Dictionary"! ;)

what is a D2? please publish a "GT6 Urban Dictionary"! ;)
I can publish an exert.

D2: Singular of D2s - Abbreviation of another non-existent word of the English language "D2ers" as written in the post being replied to :odd:.

Or

Later half of the designation of a certain droid featured in the Sci-fi feature film franchise STARWARS :lol:.

Edit: Seems there was a spelling mistake on that page :dunce::lol:

Last edited:
my fault...yes: i added parts but power parts...since I had no problem joining the last WRS#167 online race I thought it was ok...
I hope I'll have the chance to run some other laps before midnight...I'll submit the results anyway.
The room was set to unrestricted tuning because of the camper. Only brake balance adjustments were allowed for the race , same with TT. No added parts or any adjustments are allowed.

The online no tuning check is goofy and was kicking out the camper shell, so we had to go on the honor system with some PP and weight restrictions. You must have stayed within those constraints.

again: my fault, ("read,read,read and then read again") nonetheless i feel a pain in the *SS (396 '67)

Reactions: EDK
EDK
Pretty sure the win is not mine, my final sector is off by just a bit from my best and I am guessing Ron was focused on overall lap time and has a monster final sector.

I constantly stuffed the last turn unless I was behind on the lap and then I would take it perfect haha :P my best save lap is no different and should have been .150 faster at the line for my best theoretical laptime.. good splits but crap end bend 👎 I'm more than happy to see you bag a win mate! 👍

Time submitted.. Good luck guys! :cheers:

I constantly stuffed the last turn unless I was behind on the lap and then I would take it perfect haha :P my best save lap is no different and should have been .150 faster at the line for my best theoretical laptime..
Same for me, I just got lucky on this one and was somewhere in between those extremes. I figure I lost about 0.070 to what a solid last sector was for me, and I am probably something like 0.120-150 from my T best as well.

So it's probably going to be close. :scared:

That last turn, you have to be perfect on your brake release, and then the car just slides into position on the outside and you can mash it down the hill. But that seems to only happen when you are behind, like you said. :lol:

Hi Jerome, long time no see mate ;)👍

Hey buddy!

I've been an absolute ghost :( Got our 2nd kid arriving in a couple weeks so that likely won't change much :lol:
Hope all is well my man!

Jerome

Not old enough and missing the camper, but still pretty cool.

20170306_091212.jpg

Good luck all! :cheers:

My dad had an El Camino when I was like 5 and living in Cali for a bit. I remember the time my uncle slammed the door in my arm. Yep, felt grrrreat, that door was massive :lol:

Jerome

Just realised i havent submitted-
Never did get round to having another go - how long do i have to submit -ive forgotten everything!

Reactions: EDK
Just realised i havent submitted-
Never did get round to having another go - how long do i have to submit -ive forgotten everything!
Deadline is in about 1 hour 45 minutes.

As to your comments earlier in the week re: D2 drivers. I think we are tending to see the less interested drivers taper off, and we are left with a hard core base. And, as you said, all the D2 guys are making hay and getting promoted to D1. :)

EDK
Deadline is in about 1 hour 45 minutes.

As to your comments earlier in the week re: D2 drivers. I think we are tending to see the less interested drivers taper off, and we are left with a hard core base. And, as you said, all the D2 guys are making hay and getting promoted to D1. :)
Im gonna start making hay then - thanks for your response.

Could someone remind me how to save a lap replay onto a stick, and then upload it to Fetchy? I searched google but cant find anything- and all i could find in the threads was that i need to send a PM to fetchy (which i had also forgotten). I seem to remember i need to do something like save it onto the Stick in a special way or something. Thanks so much for your help in advance.

I started running this weeks one, love it but always seem to be stuck as to whether to be in 3rd or 4th gear for most of the esses - 3rd feels like im not getting enough out of the car, and 4th feels like i am struggling with understeer and also going too slow at the same time - Its a madness alright

Could someone remind me how to save a lap replay onto a stick, and then upload it to Fetchy? I searched google but cant find anything- and all i could find in the threads was that i need to send a PM to fetchy (which i had also forgotten). I seem to remember i need to do something like save it onto the Stick in a special way or something. Thanks so much for your help in advance.
Go to the library, and click on the replay you want to export.

There's an option there for "Export to PS3 System". Do that.

Exit the game, and on the main screen in the game column, there is a folder called "Saved Data Utility - PS3"

Open that, go to GT6. Your exported replay should be there, click on the triangle and it gives you the option to export to external media. You will want your USB stick to be in the console before you hit that button, or it will not be an option.

Once you have it on the stick, move over to your PC, start a conversation with the Fetchbot as outlined in the OP of this thread. Make sure you have the subject exactly as outlined.

Upload your replay into the conversation. It needs to be a Zip file, on the directory of the USB it will be under "PS3" "SAVEDATA" and the folder has a long name that starts with "BCJS". I normally just right click on the folder while in the conversation and Zip it up right there, that works fine on Windows 7 or later. Once the folder is zipped, it's the zip file you want to upload to the conversation.

We have some other tutorials in here, so if that was not clear, try this. It's referencing our original qualifier, but the steps to export the replay are all there.

Latest Posts

Back