GTP_WRS Week 168 : Poor Man's 787B

• Thread starter EDK
  • 150 comments
EDK
Yes, those comments will always be from the person who posts the thread, unless otherwise noted.

Ty for your answer , when I read your words around the car and what happened to your lap last time this event took place , so would I believe you wanted to run this event now that it's one of your favorite cars and all , but it can of course still be reached :) :cheers:

Ty for your answer , when I read your words around the car and what happened to your lap last time this event took place , so would I believe you wanted to run this event now that it's one of your favorite cars and all , but it can of course still be reached :) :cheers:
Right, I do want to run the event, but am not sure if I will end up having time.

I have the Beta, and spent a whole bunch of time (probably 8 hours since last Friday) getting my wheel working with the PS4 (I have Fanatec and had to set up a GIMX, it was complicated).

I finally got that working last night, and now am conflicted between GT Sport and this. And I know for sure I want to run next week's combo in the Ferrari, so this one may not happen.

As for the DQ and when I ran the car before, that was a LONG time ago, it was GT 4 and only the 10th WRS event I ever ran. That thread will be 10 years old in August. :eek:

EDK
Right, I do want to run the event, but am not sure if I will end up having time.

I have the Beta, and spent a whole bunch of time (probably 8 hours since last Friday) getting my wheel working with the PS4 (I have Fanatec and had to set up a GIMX, it was complicated).

I finally got that working last night, and now am conflicted between GT Sport and this. And I know for sure I want to run next week's combo in the Ferrari, so this one may not happen.

As for the DQ and when I ran the car before, that was a LONG time ago, it was GT 4 and only the 10th WRS event I ever ran. That thread will be 10 years old in August. :eek:

It would be quit simple for me to choose what to do , GT SPORT BETA :)

Hmm, I wonder if it's the right choice to rush for a BETA knowing that the FULL game will come and you will play it for years together with your friends / club / community?

Hmm, I wonder if it's the right choice to rush for a BETA knowing that the FULL game will come and you will play it for years together with your friends / club / community?
On the other hand 💡. If PD are going to listen and response to feedback of people in those clubs/communities, which make the game a better experience for all when it does come out :D:tup:. I'm sure a balance can be found somewhere good friend ;).

Speaking of which, work/life/GT balance is way out of sync :yuck:. I see you made some nice improvements there 👍. I hope to get some good wheel time over the weekend, I'm coming to get you :mischievous: :lol:.

:cheers:

On the other hand 💡. If PD are going to listen and response to feedback of people in those clubs/communities, which make the game a better experience for all when it does come out :D:tup:. I'm sure a balance can be found somewhere good friend ;).

Speaking of which, work/life/GT balance is way out of sync :yuck:. I see you made some nice improvements there 👍. I hope to get some good wheel time over the weekend, I'm coming to get you :mischievous: :lol:.

:cheers:
Indeed, the balance and the amount (the measurement) of everything is the key for a good life. Always hard to get it right. :ouch:

Come and get me, my good friend, that's what I wish. :) 👍

Don't worry, I am not abandoning you guys, nor are the other mods who have the beta.

For me, TT participation is ALWAYS and matter of balance, I simply can't run them every week. Remember that I have to commit a lot of time to setting up the event, and I do have a life besides this.

And generally, if I start out the week behind, I will not catch up. I spent all my TT time this week getting my (very expensive) wheel working with the PS4. A feature that was advertised for the product I purchased 2 years ago, and then rescinded by the manufacturer when Sony threatened action against them and made it part of a negotiation for a long term "official" wheel agreement.

Next week, we are using the Ferrari 250 GTO, and I adore the combo that I came up with for it. So I plan to conserve my time and energy for that.

After 5 laps, 3 valid, my best by far was:

1:36.291

It's a great car for DS3 around 580pp tuned, which we can't do here. RM tyres tend to be very DS3 friendly.

Huge camber 1.5 3.5 and harder front springs, plus massive toe -0.50 +1.00 make this very unfriendly for DS3.

LSD 10 40 20 just adds insult to injury!

Looking in the bright side, the gearbox and aesthetic is perfect for this track - my favourite version of Suzuka.

1:35.463
Really :eek:!? Haven't we talked about this before :mischievous:? :lol:
Looking good my friend :D:tup:. Keep pushing:cheers:.

After another little session some improvements made but more sought :).

I need to improve because there's one small moment there that may call for a Hawkeye review :scared:.

Edit: BB 1/6 :).

Last edited:
The race is same time as last saturday right ? Posted here since there is no thread

The race is same time as last saturday right ? Posted here since there is no thread
Yes, same time.

I moved the thread into public view right now. I think the fuel and tire consumption might be TBD, but I believe fast is where we were going with it. Also not sure about laps.

Also, no need to explain your actions to us. :lol:

EDK
Yes, same time.

I moved the thread into public view right now. I think the fuel and tire consumption might be TBD, but I believe fast is where we were going with it. Also not sure about laps.

Also, no need to explain your actions to us. :lol:
See you tonight :mischievous:

Back