GTP_WRS Week 17 : Pokey in the Infield

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gravitron
  • 291 comments
  • 21,020 views
That's me done for today, will definitely having another bash tomorrow!

24.279
34.928

Supra1.jpg
 
24.642
35.228

Small gains on T1 (I've done way better ones), but half a second gained on T2. T3 also turned out better than usual, though not my best one as well. Optimum says I can shave another .5 but I'm not sure, I had set a goal and I reached it...I'll see if I can do better tomorrow, otherwise I'll submit this.
 
the annoying one for me is approaching the double apex corner before the last one takes you onto the banking, have to short shift to third because second isn't quite long enough, need a 2.5 gear!
 
the annoying one for me is approaching the double apex corner before the last one takes you onto the banking, have to short shift to third because second isn't quite long enough, need a 2.5 gear!

A quick up shift followed by a down shift can actually help you with this car ;)
 
Improved a big chunk at the line...strong last two left hand corners. There is a lot of time to be gained there for sure. Driving this a bit more ragged seems to be okay vs. smooth is fast.

24.019
34.468

This may be it for me...
 
The tip for anyone trying to improve the first sector is.. stay in third after turn 1 and just lift for turn 2.

If you get turn 1 right, you can just lift after bouncing off the Rev limiter, otherwise, you just need to take a tight apex and gradually get back on the throttle and set up for the right-hander.

Now,.. if anyone can tell me how to shave 2 or 3 tenths off of sector 2 :boggled:

Good luck. D.
 
I was surprised I managed to keep you behind me in the online race.
This time trial lap sadly has another weak last sector so I’m expecting to drop down the leaderboard.

You had me more than matched and more so on the pit stops as you were taking on way less fuel than me. That was a fun race though and a special thanks to @Crispy74 for making it a real race for me. Just sorry we couldn't keep up with you to make it a three way battle :cheers:
 
Too many miles this week,.. way too many. That first right-hander is now my least liked corner, ever.

New lap; it’s up and down with the smallest of gain in the line.

23.804
34.382
 
I seem to be reasonably competitive in sector 1 but way off in sector 2 :banghead:
 
No more improvements from me.

Submitted and accepted! Good luck to all in the results.

See you in Monza!
 
Back