GTP_WRS Week 177 : Shifter Season

• Thread starter mcsqueegy
  • 159 comments
Kevin's comments have had me wondering all week about what week 178 will bring... A suzuki swift around suzuka? Or something like the time we ran a Fiat 500 abarth around I think it was the mini matterhorn, my first week competing that one.
I love the anticipation of a new TT :cheers:

Might be a tip to look at the RL calendar - there's something huge next weekend :cheers:

In total found a tenth more this evening, but first sector splits have gone backwards! This makes it extremely infuriating, someone talk some sense into me, please. Some nonsense about how splits mean nothing and it's all about the final lap time, etc
:confused::confused::lol::lol::lol:

@Bertracer You never heard of diminishing returns. 👍
Joker.

The higher up the divisions we go, the more likely we are to hit points of diminishing returns. Im only at d2 Silver so the diminishing returns up in alien territory must be sky high... but then again, it takes an alien less time to get to a better time than a d2 silver runner... Its all too much for me to contemplate now

Been out of town and only been able to give this about an hour so far, hopefully put a few laps in tonight. I started on MT and switched to AT. Anyone else give up on MT? Can't really shift by engine noise so I guess most folks are simply memorizing the shift points around the track after a few laps?

Just realized the Grip Reduction on Track Edge was set to Low instead of Real, so my splits are no good. Going to see what kind of times I can come up with. Sorry.

Man I'm so glad I decided to browse the WRS section tonight. Didn't want to miss out on this! :lol: Got these after a quick de-rusting session. 3/3 brake balance. There's a good .15 left in the first two sectors (I think a big twitch on the second turn caused that thanks to the bumps) but the ending was fantastic!

Man I'm so glad I decided to browse the WRS section tonight. Didn't want to miss out on this! :lol: Got these after a quick de-rusting session. 3/3 brake balance. There's a good .15 left in the first two sectors (I think a big twitch on the second turn caused that thanks to the bumps) but the ending was fantastic!

Gosh, Doodle not seen you since forever! Great first splits - I wont be close to these.
Am going to have to try the 3/3 BB though... What would be the difference between that and the 9/10 im currently running?

Gosh, Doodle not seen you since forever! Great first splits - I wont be close to these.
Am going to have to try the 3/3 BB though... What would be the difference between that and the 9/10 im currently running?
Thanks! Nice to see you too. I think that would make it easier to lock up the brakes. Anyways here's a small improvement.

I've seen a low .7 in the first sector but I think that was caused by a really aggressive line that hurts a lot for the following turns.

Pretty close to my limit on the first two sectors. Perhaps, if I can find the time for one more session, I could knock off another .100 if I'm extremely lucky, but I don't think that will happen.

The final sector however, just keeps on giving. Just when I believe I've cracked it, I find more meat on the bone.

Not winning material, but it'll be up there somewhere. :)

Pretty close to my limit on the first two sectors. Perhaps, if I can find the time for one more session, I could knock off another .100 if I'm extremely lucky, but I don't think that will happen.

The final sector however, just keeps on giving. Just when I believe I've cracked it, I find more meat on the bone.

Not winning material, but it'll be up there somewhere. :)
Crazy splits. 25.5xx is madness! Cant wait to see how youre doing that

Back