GTP_WRS Week 18 : Ferrari F2007 @ Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 125 comments
Hey Guys!

Guess what! I finally posted my tune! TUNE If you have been having doubts as to certain people's advice on how to take bus stop, install the tune, drink a red bull, turn off your cell phone, rub your eyes - eye drops maybe. Cough if you might cough, sneeze if you might sneeze, same goes for yawning, bathroom, all that stuff.

You are going to need to pay attention. There is a negatively thin line between nailing the entire bus stop at 200+ mph, and embedding the F2007, backwards, on fire, into the far tire wall. It's binary, with a 70% chance of fail, so have some patience. You will have your fastest T3 ever, and then end up doing a burn out in 7th gear in the wrong direction come the end of the bus stop. Don't beat yourself up.

This is not the exact tune that mad94d used, but if he tests this tune and still likes the one I made for him the other day, I will probably revert back to it after some persuasion.

One more addition. If any WRS mod's are reading, by MAX 994PP, do you mean we have a maximum of 994PP to use - meaning that we do not need to use full downforce? Or, are we forced to use 994PP, which only happens to be the MAX possible?

Last edited:
:crazy:I wouldn't go by my top speed, as I may need more wing to achieve the faster lap that I desire :D

There is a big difference between your 180mph/290kph and his 329kph/204mph.
Maybe, if it is a typo 289kph would be closer to the mark.

True but don't forget he has already pointed out that with his tune he is able to go through the bus stop flat out, which would make 204mph/329kph viable.

True but don't forget he has already pointed out that with his tune he is able to go through the bus stop flat out, which would make 204mph/329kph viable.

Yes:crazy: I've just read that and are trying to soak it up as my aging reflexes are already going...:scared:... you cant do it.:lol:
I have been enlightened.

Hey Guys!

Guess what! I finally posted my tune! If you have been having doubts as to certain people's advice on how to take bus stop, install the tune, drink a red bull, turn off your cell phone, rub your eyes - eye drops maybe. Cough if you might cough, sneeze if you might sneeze, same goes for yawning, bathroom, all that stuff.

You are going to need to pay attention. There is a negatively thin line between nailing the entire bus stop at 200+ mph, and embedding the F2007, backwards, on fire, into the far tire wall. It's binary, with a 70% chance of fail, so have some patience. You will have your fastest T3 ever, and then end up doing a burn out in 7th gear in the wrong direction come the end of the bus stop. Don't beat yourself up.

One more addition. If any WRS mod's are reading, by MAX 994PP, do you mean we have a maximum of 994PP to use - meaning that we do not need to use full downforce? Or, are we forced to use 994PP, which only happens to be the MAX possible?

Excellent that's my evenings entertainment sorted for tonight 👍

Thanks for the tune, TZT and the advice of my wrongs in the bus stop. 👍

Board updated.

Please mention if you use your car in stock setup, made a tune for yourself or using someone else's tweaking :cool:

Hey bigracer,

I am not in the any DIV, but I use a Wheel, and its my setup/TZ input

I've touched 180mph on the exit of the bus stop. What's entrance like? I'm in 5th at about 155.

I don't think I get lower than 185. The way my setup is, I have to shift to 6th just to get the accel, but I do go to 7th just after the first turn in the bus stop. With my setup, I cannot do flat, the car will not turn that fast.

I'm going flat through bus stop in 7th. Leaving it at about 229km/h.

Insane mate, insane, I would love to have your setup to try it. FLAT out man!

Flat is possible with TZT tune. I've watched my replay and it's clean through there. Feels awesome when you get through there flat.:D

And I thought it was awesome doing 190+ through there...hah

What's the top speed your able to achive with this tune ? I've been able to reach 209mph with mine and Im just wandering if the higher camber effects the top speed.

If you get a good shot off of the bus stop, you can achieve 210 before the line. Yes, too much camber can slow you down, but with this car, I don't think it matters much. Too much camber though, hurts turning, stopping power.

New splits for me.
Using my own setup for what it's worth.

Same gearing as mentioned earlier, but with automatic shift.
Went down on the dampers as far as 1.
No camber added.
TCS on 3 for those tight 2nd gear corners. I was staying in 3rd gear for those but with the auto tranny its choosing 2nd gear.
As for the bus stop my best was lifting a little, entering at 191 mph and full steam through the chicane exiting at 185 mph. As for going through there at full speed it's not up to the car but the driver. He's incapable so far.

As stated in the race spec page;

Power: 687 BHP
Weight: 545 KG
Driving Aids: Optional
Downforce: Optinal
Transmission: Optional
Tyre Type: R3
Performance Points: Max 994

If the downforce is changed then the PP lowers.
I suspect we can go faster with less downforce but then the PP is not at it's maximum.

To me the downforce is optional and the PP is an option to be set at a max of 994.

The next session I will try lowering the aero to achieve the maximum speed.

Last edited:
As stated in the race spec page;

Power: 687 BHP
Weight: 545 KG
Driving Aids: Optional
Downforce: Optinal
Transmission: Optional
Tyre Type: R3
Performance Points: Max 994

If the downforce is changed then the PP lowers.
I suspect we can go faster with less downforce but then the PP is not at it's maximum.

To me the downforce is optional and the PP is an option to be set at a max of 994.

The next session I will try lowering the aero to achieve the maximum speed.

Since the power and weight are fixed, you cannot keep the PP constant and lower the downforce. So if we want to lower the downforce, we will have less than 994PP. So the question is, are we forced to 994PP?

01GTP is right 👍

No ,you are not forced to use the 994 PP.
If you want to lower the downforce,it is allowed.

When making the race my intention was that racers could change the downforce because the weight and power is fixed.

So by max I mean it isn't allowed to go higher ,but since that is not possible I understand the confusion.

I should have clarified the max word better but I hope all is clear now.

What's the top speed your able to achive with this tune ? I've been able to reach 209mph with mine and Im just wandering if the higher camber effects the top speed.

Mav3r1cK - The top speed I can achieve with my tune is around 338km/h. I havn't touched the gears yet - I don't really know about camber either.... but it seemed to suit me well. :dopey:

well I found my kryptonite for this WRS. And its the very beginning (of course). I seem to be losing .5 to Maxd and another .4 for the next T2. What is the top speed you guys are getting? I'm at maybe 210mph at the beginning of the lap. I also found that lowering the front aero to 148 (leaving rear at 200) seemed to help gain some more control (still at 994PP) I don't know if that is just me wanting it to be better or what, but I think it helped a bit in the chicane/bus stop. I'm about 2.25 hours in and have these splits I made the TZT tune my starting point and adjusted from there.

T1 - :21.016
T2 - :38.573
T3 - :49.761

Jerome

ok session 2.

21.501 been .4 quicker
39.211 been .3 quicker
50.518 been .5 quicker

Looks like the beginning of the lap, is where my splits to here, will be the difference.
But from here onwards, the difference is all in the hand-eye co-ordination, as that is all that is required. (thanks Mad +Tzayad)

Yep 327-329km/h sorry. You carry great speed onto the oval. Sorry for that typo.:banghead:

Well, an absolutely fantastic tune from Tzayad helped me achieve:

I'm now going flat-out through the bus stop as well. :D Those gears are fantastic, thanks Tzayad. 👍

Nice times AUSnicko9.👍 I'm going to have another run now with updated tune.

Board updated. The 'Tuning' column is not yet very accurate I'm afraid ... :guilty: EDIT updated to post 82

There is a big difference between your 180mph/290kph and his 329kph/204mph. Maybe, if it is a typo 289kph would be closer to the mark.
Perhaps it would be a good thing, with the release of GT5 in mind, to agree on a default value for speeds in WRS - KPH or MPH. Tho I think in kilometers I wouldn't mind setting values to miles to stop confusion in race threads. Any other $0.02?

Last edited:

Thank to the TZT-tune:tup:
Flat-out through the bus stop:sly::)

Great to see so many people going flat through bus stop now. Told you it could be done. I'm still fastest I noticed but I'm getting worried about AUSnicko9. You've got great pace in this combo.👍

Great to see so many people going flat through bus stop now. Told you it could be done. I'm still fastest I noticed but I'm getting worried about AUSnicko9. You've got great pace in this combo.👍

Thanks for the support mad. 👍 Although I still think you have it. However, I've noticed Animera has also got great pace and his times prove that. I could be in trouble... :scared:

Board updated. The 'Tuning' column is not yet very accurate I'm afraid ... :guilty: EDIT updated to post 82

Perhaps it would be a good thing, with the release of GT5 in mind, to agree on a default value for speeds in WRS - KPH or MPH. Tho I think in kilometers I wouldn't mind setting values to miles to stop confusion in race threads. Any other $0.02?

Sorry for confusion, relating to the speed. I was caught up in my own confusion over the 7th gear flat out, which in fact is clear as ....:lol:.....I added something to confuse myself and in doing that, raved on.

Anyway whatever measure for speed you choose, I am ok with.

I think thats about $0.50AUD= $0.02

By the looks of the board this week,the F2007 isn't very popular with Div3 is it.:lol:

Last edited:
Thanks for the support mad. 👍 Although I still think you have it. However, I've noticed Animera has also got great pace and his times prove that. I could be in trouble... :scared:

Yep, Animera seems to have good pace as well. I think I'll need to have another go to try and get a bigger buffer to defend from you and Animera.

Many apologies to the moderators and competitors for my non-participation this week, I have the Event 02 and Sixaxis champ race here this week and am very afraid the F1 car will mess with my preparation for that, also I have limited time to dedicate to any GT5P exploit these days :(

best of luck to all drivers, the turnout seems good already!

All the best
Maz

First laps using Tzayad's handy work:

and I thought I'd be far more off than that :cool:

Board updated EDIT updated up to post 91.

Many apologies to the moderators and competitors for my non-participation this week, I have the Event 02 and Sixaxis champ race here this week and am very afraid the F1 car will mess with my preparation for that, also I have limited time to dedicate to any GT5P exploit these days
This old timer has never heard of anyone being obligated to partake every week in WRS so no worries :D
Sorry for confusion, relating to the speed. I was caught up in my own confusion over the 7th gear flat out, which in fact is clear as ....:lol:.....I added something to confuse myself and in doing that, raved on.
No problem, it's just that it made me wondering how discussions like these would be when the full game is out ...
By the looks of the board this week,the F2007 isn't very popular with Div3 is it.:lol:
Well this IS a strange vehicle that is no GT car at all.

Last edited:
Question for all - The sharp right hander (penultimate turn in the infield), what gear are you guys using for that ? Im leaking time from somewhere inbetween the T1 and T2 splits, and think it's this corner.

The Autobox chooses 2nd...

I went through the bus-stop flat out, I may have broken the DS3 in the process, but still, my heart is now outside my ribs.

I am able to have ago at this one this week.

I must say TZT's tune is fantastic. As for nailing the bus stop flat out, I would say there is only a 10% chance of nailing it, you have to be so precise, but it is so fulfilling when you nail it. You just have to put up with trying it 100 times to get one good run. :D

Will post my times up later.

Little improvement. :) There's still much left on the infield.

T1:21.194
T2:38.643
T3:49.757

Back