GTP_WRS Week 18 : Ferrari F2007 @ Daytona Road Course

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 125 comments
I was able to do FLAT in the bus stop.. Mad, AU and TZ, you guys are not crazy. I did 25 laps and I made it threw 50% of the time. :) I messed up Sector 2, other wise I would have shaved off over 1 second.

Thanks TZ for the tune.

New splits

Question for all - The sharp right hander (penultimate turn in the infield), what gear are you guys using for that ? Im leaking time from somewhere inbetween the T1 and T2 splits, and think it's this corner.

To shed some light about your question, I'm using 2nd gear after hitting an apex speed of 65 mph (104 km). It's one of those tricky corners to get the proper entrance and exit without rolling through the center.
I believe to get the least amount of time through there you need to get on the accelerator as soon as possible, without any hesitation.
Driving into the corner deep enough without loosing it is the tricky part, for me at least.

I have come to the conclusion that adjusting the Aero does increase speed but the loss of grip is too much. I only lowered it so the scales (lack of a better word ) were tipped to increase top speed without moving the grip scales. Top speed before 209 mph / after 211 mph.

New splits

To shed some light about your question, I'm using 2nd gear after hitting an apex speed of 65 mph (104 km). It's one of those tricky corners to get the proper entrance and exit without rolling through the center.
I believe to get the least amount of time through there you need to get on the accelerator as soon as possible, without any hesitation.
Driving into the corner deep enough without loosing it is the tricky part, for me at least.

I have come to the conclusion that adjusting the Aero does increase speed but the loss of grip is too much. I only lowered it so the scales (lack of a better word ) were tipped to increase top speed without moving the grip scales. Top speed before 209 mph / after 211 mph.

Interesting you should say that because my quicker times have actually come when I've used third through that corner. Your absolutly right about getting on the power as quickly as possible, which is partly why Im wandering if shifting down to second is likely to be any quicker given that you should be able to get on the power quicker by staying in 3rd.

Interesting session this week........

Interesting you should say that because my quicker times have actually come when I've used third through that corner. Your absolutly right about getting on the power as quickly as possible, which is partly why Im wandering if shifting down to second is likely to be any quicker given that you should be able to get on the power quicker by staying in 3rd.

Interesting session this week........

I have found that 2nd gear is always faster. If you shift to 3rd you are taking a way (NOT USING IT) torque and HP, since its such a long gear without being up to speed.

Even with TZ tune, I found 2nd gear to get me around a little faster.

I have found that 2nd gear is always faster. If you shift to 3rd you are taking a way (NOT USING IT) torque and HP, since its such a long gear without being up to speed.

Agreed.

I was using 3rd (instead of 2nd) in my earlier sessions as not to spin the tires.
I then switched to an automatic transmission to concentrate on the steering and the auto tranny was switching to 2nd gear and I was having a difficult time with tire spin.
I turned on TCS to combat that problem.
I have switched back to the manual transmission (using 2nd gear) with no TCS and after 4 to 5 hours of total seat time this week I think I may have reached my limit.

However, which way you decide to drive the track/car it should be what feels natural to you but, there is nothing more important than seat time.
I hope this helps your lap time.......Good luck.

Depends on when you change down to 2nd, as you could easily dip under the average speed for the corner,when changing to 2nd. I find 3rd to be quicker, as it gives a higher speed before I brake for the left leading back onto the oval.
I guess it is hard for me to say to much as all of you have faster splits than I.

Also the tune on gears is relevant obviously.Each of us discussing this, has stated a different tune.

Last edited:
Board updated (linkage to division sorted Luxy).

I suggest we install a '100postometer' :cool: to get an indication for the popularity of a WRS combo. Now is saturday and we're at 98, which means the combo is not very popular. Other impopular combos (only measured by the number of thread posts of course) were weeks 15 and 12. More popular were weeks 16, 11 and 10 :lol:

Last edited:
Board updated (linkage to division sorted Luxy).

I suggest we install a '100postometer' :cool: to get an indication for the popularity of a WRS combo. Now is saturday and we're at 98, which means the combo is not very popular. Other impopular combos (only measured by the number of thread posts of course) were weeks 15 and 12. More popular were weeks 16, 11 and 10 :lol:

I've struggled to get in to this one, the car just doesn't seem to have much character...

I've struggled to get in to this one, the car just doesn't seem to have much character...

I agree - I very much enjoy racing this car but doing TT's in it just aren't my bag so I've decided to sit this week out. Instead I've been focusing on learning to drive the dreaded Ford GT LM Spec car. See you all in a few days for WRS 19 and good luck with this week.

I agree - I very much enjoy racing this car but doing TT's in it just aren't my bag so I've decided to sit this week out. Instead I've been focusing on learning to drive the dreaded Ford GT LM Spec car. See you all in a few days for WRS 19 and good luck with this week.
:) better start changing that signature fresh Mr. Division 2 :cool:

Board.
EDIT updated up to post 107 110.

Last edited:

Submitted, bad first corner and the chicane wasn't perfect neither:ouch:

Ok, little more. 1st sector wasn't great. But I think I'll leave it at this now. :)

T1: 21.160
T2: 38.451
T3: 49.518

Gonna have one last go. I can see a little bit of time left, but it would need to be a ripper lap.

Submitted with my current splits. Good luck to everyone else 👍

New splits and submitted

T1: 20.353
T2: 37.427
T3: 48.504

Great combo:tup:

My jaw drops in astonishment. :drool: Unbelievable splits mad. 👍

Thanks, have been faster to T3(48.3xx) but buggered up the bus stop. Not enough time to get a perfect lap, so I settled for this lap.

New splits and submitted

T1: 20.353
T2: 37.427
T3: 48.504

Great combo:tup:

Amazing splits!

I ran this again yesterday using the TZT tune, sussed the bus stop flat out but losing all the time made up there elsewhere :lol:

Hopefully I'll have some times worth posting tonight after work.

Thanks, have been faster to T3(48.3xx) but buggered up the bus stop. Not enough time to get a perfect lap, so I settled for this lap.

A perfect lap? Jesus buddy, you did just fine in my opinion. Good run man..

I've submitted, poor show from me this week, I gained 8/10ths today, mostly in the last sector. I know I moan about it, but it was very tricky with the pad this week, you need little movements for this car, doesn't work on the pad.

Sorry for not sharing my progress in this event during the week.

1st I sorted the transmission to fit the pad then the suspension.

I won't be spilling splits now since week 19 is alredy on the way.

Submitted

MadMax

Final splits from me, I've been booted off for the tele :ouch:

T1 21.370
T2 39.067
T3 50.327

None of these splits were my quickest, heck, the lap wasn't even my quickest but it is the cleanest :)

Thanks to Sjaak for picking a top combo, I really enjoyed this one. Nailing the bus stop at full pelt takes some commitment :crazy:

Fastas 👍

Submitted lap, with the splits on the leaderboard, i ran about 25 laps just befor this post i could get a 21.1xx but wasn't consistent enough on the rest of the lap

I have submitted a time although I could not dedicate as much time as I would like. I had a run .5 of a second quicker but I put one too many wheels off track at the first hairpin.

T1 = 21.500
T2 = 39.360
T3 = 50.630

Grim

👍

Submitted my lap a few seconds after the 59 minute mark, nothing special anyway - Found some tricks too late in the game to really put the time in. On to week 19!

I've Submitted as well. Somewhat gutted because my saved run had the best Splits (on the board), and when I checked the replay I realised Id let the car drift and nudged the wall :ouch:

Managed to get close to it again on another run, and got through the bus stop better, so should be reasonable-ish.

Back