GTP_WRS Week 19 : Pinch Me, Am I Dreaming?

• Thread starter EDK
  • 290 comments
Switched BB from 2 to -2 & instantly found another .250, a few more laps and I’m half a second quicker at the line than my previous best. I still feel as though I’m quite far off the pace, but if I can find that knife edge point where to get full power back down without spinning I know there is more to be had from this.

Just having my first proper run at this. My god the last bend is driving me up the wall. I must admit having owned one of these i must say pd have it spot on when it comes to loosing the back. It sucks you in thinking yep it’s gripping then all’s of sudden ooooppppsss no it isn’t there’s a nice little pirouette :D

Had given up on catching my ghost from yesterday, but needed just one more lap to hit the daily workout.

So out of nowhere:

And very close to 3 optimal sectors. :D

After several previously fading replays I drove another full lap just too be sure. And because of my previous experience I saved both the "best lap replay" and the normal replay. :crazy: And that was a lucky move as the "best lap replay" yet again ended with a fade. :scared:

End time is briefly visible though this time around, and with the back up from the normal replay I suppose it'll be enough for verification. :confused:

End time is briefly visible though this time around, and with the back up from the normal replay I suppose it'll be enough for verification. :confused:

If the end time is visible that will be OK even though it's not ideal but we can't really accept a session replay. It's early yet and hopefully you'll have another better set of splits coming in soon with a complete replay ;)

If the end time is visible that will be OK even though it's not ideal but we can't really accept a session replay. It's early yet and hopefully you'll have another better set of splits coming in soon with a complete replay ;)

OK. Thanks for some clear ruling. 👍 No need for the extra save in the future then. :dopey:

After several previously fading replays I drove another full lap just too be sure.
From week 3 to week 12, I have never encountered this bug. I would drive an additional 10 seconds and save the reply...worked every time for me.

Week 18 and 19 is full of the reply bugs and I can't figure out a fail safe. I hope the fix later tonight / early morning helps but I am not holding my breath! :(

This car, well not this one, was a first for me as well but in a different way. My dad had an '89 (?) 325i. Bright red, black leather, manual. I tried starting it once on the driveway and freaked out when it moved (it was in gear). That incident started me down the path to learning about cars, which of course has landed me in enthusiast territory with the rest of you fine folks. :gtpflag:

Now I need to grind some cash so I can buy one for myself. Blew it all on SGT cars. Oops?

My wife drove it during the week and would warn me as I approached a highway off ramp on the weekend : “It stepped out a bit on me yesterday and I was going a bit slower than you are”.

Love that you can have a conversation like that with the wife! I can talk cars all day with my wife, car shows, "what car would you dump lottery money on?" but.... She. Can't. Drive. :( It's appalling sometimes how rough she is and yet keeps complaining about my driving? :confused: I keep telling her to join up with the WRS but that's not gone well so far. :embarrassed:

EDK
I helped fix up and sell an '85 325e, which was a pretty darn nice car and convinced me to buy the E46 I owned and daily drove from 2004-2012. We put over 200,000 miles on that car.

Then in turn I've raced in an E30 a couple of times, first at Laguna Seca and then at Road America. Can confirm that they are taily, especially when you strip and cage them.

This kind of reminds me of what the M3 wants to do on the left hand turn after the Dunlop Bridge. :lol:

At least you had a real clear view with automatic wiper engagement! :D

On the Rally TT I had this same issue, time was up there so fast that if you blinked you missed it, but it was readable and the great stewards of the WRS did accept it.

Seems like the replay bugs are happening more often lately. :odd:

Well I remember running this track just 17 WRS weeks back, or, in reall time, February 2011. That was the first WRS for GT5 and, more distinctly, I remember that it was the first time we could paint our wheels :dopey:

I ran with an Aston Martin Blue paint chip (Grassmere Blue) and, I had Imola Orange wheels.. I'd share the image from the thread but P'bucket's ransomed it. :(

I think it was probably the last time I drove this track too :dunce: splits are definitely slower now..

Back