GTP_WRS Week 2 : The ESSentials of Driving

• Thread starter EDK
  • 382 comments
For sector 2 (after T1) as ESSential ESSes come, first left you can go full throttle, if you find the right entry, next one right can be passed on 90% throttle, third, again left and again if good line then full throttle, 4th, the closing one (Gyaku Bank curve) again on 90%, but lifting it a bit off in second half. Dunlop is possible on full throttle again. Anything else i am not able to figure out. :rolleyes: As of using Motion Control and L2/R2 buttons as brake and throttle.

PS: I suspect top guys will go ESSes flat out. :odd::scared:

My habit from the old GT days is you could quit your current racing session and as long as you didn't fully exit the event, you can save the best lap later. Nu-Uh, not anymore. The moment you quit your racing session and jump back on track, you can no longer save your best lap replay. The ghost will still be there to haunt you of course, but it's gone for good. That's just silly, imo.

Jerome
I've only just started running some time trials but I did notice a change in behavior after the 1.07 update. In the results section, which previously showed mostly empty fields, you can now see all of your sector times for each lap, your best lap, best sector times and even the optimal lap based on combining your best sectors. Pretty cool really. Not rocket science but been waiting for what seems like forever for them to finally give us this.

I did notice that if you quit the session it resets everything, so it seems like they're encouraging you to stay on track even if you screw up the lap completely. They also have two ghosts on track now, the one you load and presumably your best lap ghost. I used to be able to turn it (them) off with up arrow but that doesn't seem to work anymore with the 1.07 update.

Seems to be two steps forward and one back with replays. We finally have rewind and frame by frame but they block out the bottom part of the track with the controls and I can't figure out how to make it disappear (apart from entering Photo Mode)? They also still have this stupid mentality of wanting to exit the instant the replay is done, like you're approaching the finish line and the microsecond you cross the line they exit. I noticed this in a lot of the driving tests and experiences, it's like they don't want you to see what happens after you cross the line. Note to PD, a few more seconds of replay wouldn't kill you and nor would giving us the option to exit/restart/rewind at that point rather than just dropping us back to the menu. Especially if you're trying to see sector times by running the replay (haven't checked this since 1.07 but in previous versions that whole experience was totally messed up), just as you're shown the numbers it suddenly exits.

STROOOOOOOP! Man lots of people coming out of the wood work for GTS, noice!

Jerome

I've only just started running some time trials but I did notice a change in behavior after the 1.07 update. In the results section, which previously showed mostly empty fields, you can now see all of your sector times for each lap, your best lap, best sector times and even the optimal lap based on combining your best sectors. Pretty cool really. Not rocket science but been waiting for what seems like forever for them to finally give us this.

I did notice that if you quit the session it resets everything, so it seems like they're encouraging you to stay on track even if you screw up the lap completely. They also have two ghosts on track now, the one you load and presumably your best lap ghost. I used to be able to turn it (them) off with up arrow but that doesn't seem to work anymore with the 1.07 update.

Seems to be two steps forward and one back with replays. We finally have rewind and frame by frame but they block out the bottom part of the track with the controls and I can't figure out how to make it disappear (apart from entering Photo Mode)? They also still have this stupid mentality of wanting to exit the instant the replay is done, like you're approaching the finish line and the microsecond you cross the line they exit. I noticed this in a lot of the driving tests and experiences, it's like they don't want you to see what happens after you cross the line. Note to PD, a few more seconds of replay wouldn't kill you and nor would giving us the option to exit/restart/rewind at that point rather than just dropping us back to the menu. Especially if you're trying to see sector times by running the replay (haven't checked this since 1.07 but in previous versions that whole experience was totally messed up), just as you're shown the numbers it suddenly exits.

STROOOOOOOP! Man lots of people coming out of the wood work for GTS, noice!

Jerome
Hey dude welcome back 👍

Did someone mention wood work?

Lots of familiar faces here. :)

tableflip.png

Welcome back Aderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm :gtpflag:

When using cones as markers for clipping point etc is it ok to knock them down. Some are close enough to allow contact even though two wheels are still well on track.

Nice to see WRS still going strong don't think Ive participated since GTP days Or close to it. Thanks for having me

Last edited:
When using cones as markers for clipping point etc is it ok to knock them down. Some are close enough to allow contact even though two wheels are still well on track.
Yes you can hit the cones. 👍 But you shouldn't use them (IN MY OPINION), as I said earlier in the thread. :P It's your choice.

As far as I'm aware, they're your damn cones and do with them what you will! 2 tyres on track and you're golden, like the flesh of a pineapple!
:lol:

Last edited:
Had time for 20 runs at this tonight. Using BB +2 and using around 50-70% of braking in the first corner and getting on some of the throttle as I hit an early apex on most laps.

Down to a:

That damn last corner now...

I'm gonna post a pic of my lap just to make sure its clean once the kiddos are asleep. I'm 99.999% sure it is but I feel like I need a 2nd opinion.

Jerome

New day, new time :D

-3BB
Sliced a full .1 off my lap. The last section could still be faster I think. This lap I'm more confident is clean.

Jerome

Submitting. I have my holiday party tomorrow night then its all family and decorating this weekend. I'll try and sneak something in this weekend, we'll see. See you guys on the other side!

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back