GTP_WRS Week 2 : The ESSentials of Driving

• Thread starter EDK
  • 382 comments
Hey there and welcome in the competition, due to Fetchy's strictness on how to post split times, please correct your times up to a thousandth of a second, other wise Fetchy won't put you on the board. :cheers:

Other than that, looks like a decent lap time ^^ (based on the fact i have similar splits and i wanna feel i ran a decent lap :D ) :embarrassed:

edit: silly me forgot to save the replay of my LB splits lap... :banghead:

My habit from the old GT days is you could quit your current racing session and as long as you didn't fully exit the event, you can save the best lap later. Nu-Uh, not anymore. The moment you quit your racing session and jump back on track, you can no longer save your best lap replay. The ghost will still be there to haunt you of course, but it's gone for good. That's just silly, imo.

Jerome

My habit from the old GT days is you could quit your current racing session and as long as you didn't fully exit the event, you can save the best lap later. Nu-Uh, not anymore. The moment you quit your racing session and jump back on track, you can no longer save your best lap replay. The ghost will still be there to haunt you of course, but it's gone for good. That's just silly, imo.

Jerome
At that given moment i left the room completely, not only the session ^^ I need to pay more attention to things like this, because as you said, there are some things working differently than earlier

-3BB

I found I don't really brake much over 50% for turn 1 and I start to turn in just after the pavement block on the left side. I also found the car responds beautifully if I let off the brake faster than normal (try and get as close to the rumbles on the left side - without going over!). She rolls right into the next right-hander must easier. I'm still lifting in a few spots in T2 and I typically left-foot-brake as my car rolls over the corner rumble strips entering the exit of spoon.

Like I always do, I'm sure T3 needs work, probably .05 in there :ouch:

I may have to sub this lap because the weekend is BOOKED.

EDIT: Hi Ron! :P

EDIT II: Update v1.07 fixed the pedal problem introduced in v1.06 where my CPX adapter driven CSR Elites would do 50% throttle until I unplugged my T300 for a moment. YESSSSS.

Jerome

Last edited:
Doodle vs. Stiggy:

giphy.gif

Jerome

Want to make sure all racers are aware of a critical section which may be the cause of DQ's this week if you are not paying attention. We all know the final turn here is key to a great lap, and when you get a good run in the final turn, it's going to be tempting to keep.

But here's one key sentence from the OP that should give you pause.

The concrete on approach to the final turn outside the tarmac is NOT track.

As you enter the final turn, there is concrete outside of the rumble strip at the apex. I suppose you could also call it inside, but the key here is the track goes Tarmac>Rumble Strip>Concrete Drain Gutter.

That gutter is NOT, I repeat NOT, track.

I am not going to go take 14,000 pictures of it, either.

It's up to you to read the OP, understand the rules, and follow them.

If you are unclear on anything, ask questions.

That is all.

EDK
Want to make sure all racers are aware of a critical section which may be the cause of DQ's this week if you are not paying attention. We all know the final turn here is key to a great lap, and when you get a good run in the final turn, it's going to be tempting to keep.

But here's one key sentence from the OP that should give you pause.

The concrete on approach to the final turn outside the tarmac is NOT track.

As you enter the final turn, there is concrete outside of the rumble strip at the apex. I suppose you could also call it inside, but the key here is the track goes Tarmac>Rumble Strip>Concrete Drain Gutter.

That gutter is NOT, I repeat NOT, track.

I am not going to go take 14,000 pictures of it, either.

It's up to you to read the OP, understand the rules, and follow them.

If you are unclear on anything, ask questions.

That is all.

Made a quick screenshot from youtube but I suppose you mean that part just above the speedometer

Schermafbeelding 2017-12-07 om 18.33.12 copy.jpg

Yes. 👍

It's tempting to cut that corner as tight as possible, 2 wheels on rumble with 2 off track. But when the rumble runs out, you are off track if you do not have 2 on tarmac.

Have seen many past DQ's in that spot, and I don't want any more if we can help it.

EDK
Yes. 👍

It's tempting to cut that corner as tight as possible, 2 wheels on rumble with 2 off track. But when the rumble runs out, you are off track if you do not have 2 on tarmac.

Have seen many past DQ's in that spot, and I don't want any more if we can help it.

Welp, I know what I'm doing as soon as I get home now :lol:

Jerome

No new splits. :banghead:

Lately (after update) i cannot get close enough to the lap on board, what is better, not even my current optimal laps are able to be faster than the board lap. :crazy:

Anyway, trying hard, trying different setups, but somewhere i am losing time. Saw better T1 few times, T2 close to best one, but last corner steals back the time I hardly gain in esses and in 1st corner. :ouch:

I completely suck at S2 and my ideal is 7 tenths faster than my recorded so far

Any tips for S2 on DS4? Im using tcm1

Edit, S2 is not 19.9 , but 19.09 , less bad

Last edited:
Back