GTP_WRS Week 20 : Best (F)oot (F)orward?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Argon
  • 253 comments
  • 18,415 views
First session. Loving the combo.

38.737
28.289
25.922

Plus I've made a livery:

20180410180826.jpg
20180410180837.jpg


No bollards were harmed in the making of the livery... or the lap.
 
41.774
29.990
29.953

Initial splits for the board only after first run - so much work to do to improve as still learning car and track, only really happy with S2 of this lap.

Run with TCS0 & BB0 - will be applying some rearward bias moving forward.........

Good combo - very stable car that can be maneouvred at will.
 
Hey guys,

First things first, I have nothing but absolute hatred for this circuit, ever since I first endured it on Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix on the Commodore Amiga :lol:

Every corner leaves me muttering words of detest, haha! However, the Audi TT is always a blast which makes up for it :D

Anyway, first run...

38.687
28.129
25.724

BB +3

Optimal was a few tenths better at the line but I kept walloping that 🤬 bollard!

I'll give it another run tomorrow.
 
Still in the honeymoon period :)...before this week is out, I am going to HATE that skinny, red stick cone right on my driving line exiting the chicane. :grumpy::grumpy: Sector two is also a problem for some reason...:O

39.045
28.658
26.219
 
This one is a fun drive! I just need to find more exit speed out of every turn, and then I'll be happy with my time.

39.584
28.885
26.166

Can anyone convince me to use manual transmission this week? Last week's WRS is my only experience with MT in GTS. So far this week I cannot come close to my current best lap while having to mess with shifting...
 
Eggmann

+ I now convince you. + (Or are the crosses baptise you)

I see your a wheel user so yes use manual gears, look at the torque curve in options you'll see this car has a very flat torque output so you have a very wide gear changing range.

Main thing with these cars FF in the "Game" is timing when to go full gas, to soon you'll hear the front wheels spin up, it will pull you wide and then you have to lift. So you have to play the waiting game before you hit the gas pedal.

It has good grip so you can afford to brake light into most corners then just keep a little gas on to maintain good momentum through the apex. Now here comes the waiting game, time your full gas so you "do not" have to lift at the same time get your steering wheel as straight as possible this will help with grip (stopping the wheels spinning up) then you'll get good grip out of the corners.

Hope some of this helps.
 
I am a whopping 2.6 seconds off my optimal right now :ouch: I just can not get S1 to come together.:banghead::banghead:. And don't get me started on that stupid bollard in the chicane. 🤬

Still way more time to gain.

39.787
28.755
26.739
 
This week should be called... "please don't understeer wide, please don't understeer wide.... Oh @#*@"

I jest, be gentle with the throttle and this thing flows nicely.

38.775
28.094
25.801
 
Last edited:
Still places I can make up time but this lap pretty much hit my first target

Slow Down!!!! Your pulling away from me this week.

FF cars are just not my thing, even when they are fully built race cars, I like the feeling of being on edge waiting for the rear to snap out.
 
Back