GTP_WRS Week 20 : Best (F)oot (F)orward?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Argon
  • 253 comments
  • 18,414 views
Dial back FFB I understand randy, mine is on 2. but I may go to 1
I’ve had mine on 7 since the first week. I was think of going to 5 till my shoulder eases up.

Is there much resistance at 2?
 
I’ve had mine on 7 since the first week. I was think of going to 5 till my shoulder eases up.

Is there much resistance at 2?
On my T500rs I have it set to 2 on FFB.
 
I’ve had mine on 7 since the first week. I was think of going to 5 till my shoulder eases up.

Is there much resistance at 2?

Like I said in post #28 about setting the wheel with Thrustmaster software, you can only do what ever this games lets you do.

Most of these cars in game do have different loads on the steering FF / FR / AWD so moving the FFB up or down one or two points I find can make the difference weather or not I enjoy the combo. To me 2 FFB and 6 to 10 sensitivity feels more enjoyable, you may find 3 and 1to 5 better, just depends on what you like, and whats comfortable

Edit: Your best setting is the one that lets you feel through the wheel what the tyres are doing, best you can as we don't have drive by seat of your pants.

To quote the Borg resistance is futile, that tells you nothing just that the damn thing is heavy.
Hey look don't get me started.
 
Last edited:
To me 2 FFB and 6 to 10 sensitivity feels more enjoyable

Pretty sure the sensitivity setting has no effect for wheel users. It's only of any value to DS users ;)
 
Pretty sure the sensitivity setting has no effect for wheel users. It's only of any value to DS users ;)

Thanks Mike, but I was talking about wheel not DS4

Wheel sensitivity in the FFB section Mike taken from the manual.
・Force Feedback Sensitivity
Adjust the resistance of the steering wheel when you start to turn it. This resistance is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. When this value is lower, steering becomes gentler when driving in a straight line. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.
 
First splits. Way different beast this week. I keep waiting for the rear end to snap around. :lol:. You can really throw this car around the track.

39.590
28.932
26.780
 
Is it generally ok to punt the orange cones if we are otherwise two-wheels-on-track?
 
Is it generally ok to punt the orange cones if we are otherwise two-wheels-on-track?
If you mean your orange cones (driver aids) then you can kill them without mercy but do not hit any of the red track cones. Not even slightly or it will mean a DQ.
 
Just wondering. I have just checked a replay and in the final chicane there is a thin red bollard in front of the orange cone. I clipped the red bollard passing it. Would that be a dq’d lap???
 
Just wondering. I have just checked a replay and in the final chicane there is a thin red bollard in front of the orange cone. I clipped the red bollard passing it. Would that be a dq’d lap???

Yes
 
38.562
27.920
25.803

I need a substitute driver to run the last chicane for me, still loosing 4 to 5 tenths between there and the line, bleeding hands just can't do that left/right chit.
 
Please Read!

I'm getting a few queries about cones and wanted to make the position clear to try and avoid DQ's come results time.

The rule about cones applies to ALL course cones both tall skinny and traditional cone shaped that are situated at various places around the track and not just the one that I called out earlier that was problematic during the 15th TT. For those of you that use cones as driver aids I would really recommend you turn them off for 1 or 2 laps so that you can see where the course cones are.

Additionally there is an area of tarmac on the outside of the exit from turn 4 that is NOT track. The white line and rumble strip rule applies here.

I hope the above is clear :cheers:
 
Back