GTP_WRS Week 20 : Best (F)oot (F)orward?

• Thread starter Argon
  • 253 comments
I’ve had mine on 7 since the first week. I was think of going to 5 till my shoulder eases up.

Is there much resistance at 2?

Like I said in post #28 about setting the wheel with Thrustmaster software, you can only do what ever this games lets you do.

Most of these cars in game do have different loads on the steering FF / FR / AWD so moving the FFB up or down one or two points I find can make the difference weather or not I enjoy the combo. To me 2 FFB and 6 to 10 sensitivity feels more enjoyable, you may find 3 and 1to 5 better, just depends on what you like, and whats comfortable

Edit: Your best setting is the one that lets you feel through the wheel what the tyres are doing, best you can as we don't have drive by seat of your pants.

To quote the Borg resistance is futile, that tells you nothing just that the damn thing is heavy.
Hey look don't get me started.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the sensitivity setting has no effect for wheel users. It's only of any value to DS users ;)

Thanks Mike, but I was talking about wheel not DS4

Wheel sensitivity in the FFB section Mike taken from the manual.
・Force Feedback Sensitivity
Adjust the resistance of the steering wheel when you start to turn it. This resistance is an example of force feedback, which communicates information about the road surface to the driver through their tyres. The greater this value, the more responsive to changes the steering wheel will become. When this value is lower, steering becomes gentler when driving in a straight line. Increasing or decreasing these values allows you to adjust the controls to suit your driving style.

Just wondering. I have just checked a replay and in the final chicane there is a thin red bollard in front of the orange cone. I clipped the red bollard passing it. Would that be a dq’d lap???

Please Read!

I'm getting a few queries about cones and wanted to make the position clear to try and avoid DQ's come results time.

The rule about cones applies to ALL course cones both tall skinny and traditional cone shaped that are situated at various places around the track and not just the one that I called out earlier that was problematic during the 15th TT. For those of you that use cones as driver aids I would really recommend you turn them off for 1 or 2 laps so that you can see where the course cones are.

Additionally there is an area of tarmac on the outside of the exit from turn 4 that is NOT track. The white line and rumble strip rule applies here.

I hope the above is clear :cheers:

Back