GTP_WRS Week 20 : Best (F)oot (F)orward?

• Thread starter Argon
  • 253 comments
I was struggling with my pace all session today and then out of the blue on lap 13 (of all laps... :scared:) I was able to improve by 0.5s at the line. These are my personal bests in S1 to 3, lost 0.1s in S4 compared to my optimal but I'll take that. I guess this was my last session with this combo, it was a lot of fun. Submitting with these:

Curse the bollard!!!

Had to throw away 2 better laps...

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180415143731.jpg

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180415155016.jpg

It did not get knocked over though. LOL

Been trying super cutting of the chicane to see if I'm being too conservative, but only finding 2 tenths max on an illegal lap so hopefully my sector 4 is fast enough to stay in the top ten. One more session later to see if I can improve. Enjoyed this combo Very much

"Unfortunately", yesterday I stumbled upon a copy of Far Cry 5, so that took off my entire afternoon, thus I couldn't give this any more tries :( the time I managed to obtain is very, very bad, so I won't submit for this week. Good luck to everyone! Hopefully, see you next week ;)

Weekend splits after just under 400 miles run this week. More time found in both S3 & S4 but not on this lap in the first half but still well up at the line.

Still more time to find as way off optimum still - seem to have laps of either poor first half/good second half or vice-versa !

Will be running more laps tomorrow to see if can find a better balance on all four sectors as already beaten initial goals !

Didn't convince and encourage you that much eggman, that you'll be chasing me up the leaderboard

It's not all your doing. :) I won some of these races back in GT3, and maybe GT4. I'm out of practice, and not sure I'll ever regain prior form, but it wouldn't be for a lack of trying. I drove more than 800 miles this week to hopefully make the top 20 overall.
I do appreciate your help, though!:cheers:

At a bit of a loss with this one, will give it a last bash after work later, I think it’s sector 1 I’m losing out on most, tried watching a few replays online of fast laps but every one of them would be dirty here so not much help!

It's not all your doing. :) I won some of these races back in GT3, and maybe GT4. I'm out of practice, and not sure I'll ever regain prior form, but it wouldn't be for a lack of trying. I drove more than 800 miles this week to hopefully make the top 20 overall.
I do appreciate your help, though!:cheers:

Was just being flippant, waggish, jesting eggmann,

At a bit of a loss with this one, will give it a last bash after work later, I think it’s sector 1 I’m losing out on most, tried watching a few replays online of fast laps but every one of them would be dirty here so not much help!

Please tell me they are dirty in the final chicane, because my sector 4 split is almost keeping me up at night haha

Please tell me they are dirty in the final chicane, because my sector 4 split is almost keeping me up at night haha

:D yep all of them would be taking the bollard out and also off track on the entry to 3 and exit of 4

I need to shed half a second at least over the first two sectors as I'm unlikely to hit the chicane any better than I did in my current lap so sect 3 is done. Just checking, the higher red and white hump inside the rumble on the entrance to the chicane is legal yes?

Last edited:
Mikey
"higher red and white hump inside the rumble on the entrance to the chicane is legal yes?"

Not that I use them, but if painted red and white I would say yes legal. I'm sure Mike will confirm yes /no soon for you.

It is legal id have thoght but I tried a few times to get my right wheels on that bit and found the car took off and ended up too wide for the second part of the chicane. Better to straddle the kerb and focus on getting a good line out of the second part with a settled and flat car.

Worth experimenting though, you may find time.

At the exit of turn 4, with two bits of tarmac separated by a thin line, the line itself is part of the track, right? Right? :scared:
I would say yes...Mike will be along shortly to correct me if needed. :)

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • Red and White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • White lines denote track boundary except where backed by rumble strips.
  • Permanent track marker cones (Red) may not be touched.

Back