GTP_WRS Week 20 : Best (F)oot (F)orward?

• Thread starter Argon
  • 253 comments
At the exit of turn 4, with two bits of tarmac separated by a thin line, the line itself is part of the track, right? Right? :scared:

Yes, the line itself is track but also denotes the boundary so make sure you have at least 2 wheel inside or on the line ;)đź‘Ť

I would say yes...Mike will be along shortly to correct me if needed. :)

No correction needed :cheers:

Submitting with my slow times that are on the board. Handicap will take a hit this week. Never felt the pull to get back to this one, ended up spending my gaming time playing Mass Effect or Binge-Watching the Walking Dead with my son (with the move we fell way behind), so entertaining weekend, but not a moment played improving my time. Not sure how much more I could have gained anyways, just not my kind of car.

Good luck everyone achieving your goals.

Handicap will take a hit this week.
Your current registry handicap of 3.269 (through week 18) will stay the same after the results of this TT go official next week...:) your handicap doesn't go down with an off week.

Edit: maybe you meant the "Handicap Results" part of the results thread...then yes, you will take a hit as I always expect to see you near the top of that list!

:cheers:

Your current registry handicap of 3.269 (through week 18) will stay the same after the results of this TT go official next week...:) your handicap doesn't go down with an off week.

Edit: maybe you meant the "Handicap Results" part of the results thread...then yes, you will take a hit as I always expect to see you near the top of that list!

:cheers:

Thanks, I did mean overall handicap, figured an off week lowers it. As far as being at top of the handicap results, since my move into D3 silver and Gold my handicap results have gotten a little more normal, I think my beginning handicap (week 4) was a lot higher than my potential and as I started finishing where I should (sometimes over achieving) I had some amazing handicaps. :cheers:

Probably my final throw with this one which has been an eye opening combo. Never thought I'd enjoy the GP track as much as I have this last week and the Audi is a real diamond in the rough where FF is concerned.

Modest gain at the line and will submit with these just in case I don't get drawn back for another quick session before the deadline, good luck everyone :cheers:

I thought the same and I was starting to not want to enter the harder TTs or if I knew in advance that I would have very little time to give it my best shot. Then I read this post from @GTP_Dutchy

GTP_WRS New Drivers and Promotions

Thanks, this is good to know, because I do sometimes run out of time to give it my best, especially in cars I do not like.

This explains how you can not fall down a division, but only move up. Makes sense.

Since I did a mistake once I'm kind of uncertain when it comes to track boundaries. Is this example ok?

Attachments

• 20180416_204620.jpg
    20180416_204620.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 24
Since I did a mistake once I'm kind of uncertain when it comes to track boundaries. Is this example ok?

Yes, this one is ok. The easy way to tell is to do the free walk around photo mode so you can see the car from the other side. As long as you never have more than two wheels off the track you are ok. The track boundary in this case is the edge of the red/white rumble facing the concrete pavers (right bellow your exhaust so you could have cut it a bit more)

Edit: LOL, now you got me back Mike. We had some good close battles on the track and in replying to forum comments :D

đź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Yes, this one is ok. The easy way to tell is to do the free walk around photo mode so you can see the car from the other side. As long as you never have more than two wheels off the track you are ok. The track boundary in this case is the edge of the red/white rumble facing the concrete pavers (right bellow your exhaust so you could have cut it a bit more)

Edit: LOL, now you got me back Mike. We had some good close battles on the track and in replying to forum comments :D[/QUOTE
Thanks a lot for the quick and detailed reply.:cheers:đź‘Ť

Last edited:

Edit: LOL, now you got me back Mike. We had some good close battles on the track and in replying to forum comments :D

Yes but you always do it with way more style than me :lol:đź‘Ť

Probably my final throw with this one which has been an eye opening combo. Never thought I'd enjoy the GP track as much as I have this last week and the Audi is a real diamond in the rough where FF is concerned.

Modest gain at the line and will submit with these just in case I don't get drawn back for another quick session before the deadline, good luck everyone :cheers:

Ooof pipped me. It's going to be like Christmas in the morning, waking to see what sector 4 brings :lol:

Gonna have to omit myself from this weeks TT, as upon closer study my fastest lap is dirty on the apex of turn 3, I had only 1 wheel on the rumble strip :boggled::dunce:

Unfortunately I don't have time to get another run in before the deadline, and like an idiot I deleted my previous fastest replay thinking my new fastest was clean :dunce::dunce: ...lesson there guys, always keep every replay before submitting!

Anyway, good thing I did notice it as I'd rather look a little bit bad for pulling out than submitting a dirty replay and looking worse!

Best of luck in the results everyone đź‘Ť

Submitted and accepted. After 470 miles in total finally found a lap with 4 reasonably fast sectors in the same lap !

Only S2 is somewhat slower than I'd ideally like but overall now a 'session' gap of around 0.3 secs between this fastest lap and optimum. Did run even faster S2 on Saturday but could not get near it since then and I'm happy that I've met and exceeded my (revised) goals anyway.

A great combo with a FF car that suits the track very well and lessons learned do transfer to other cars as have improved my circuit experience times with the Gr3 FR Mercedes AMG significantly as well tonight.

Onto combined Myabi & Yamigiva tomorrow with what looks like a stable MR car. I've run these two tracks independently (of course in WRS among other things) but never together so new things to learn but a good base to start from I hope.

Oh well optimism was misplaced, I said at the start that I struggle on this track and so it's proved 886 miles and nothing much to show for it, my best lap was Friday so submitting that one before I put my wheel through the TV....if I never see this track again it'll be too soon........oh wait...Wednesday! :D

Ok so I decided to have another look at the replay of my lap to make sure it was valid and well erm...

PS_Messages_20180416_231557.jpg

Don't think I'd get closer without hitting if I tried

Unfortunately the replay finishes as soon as the lap is complete, you can see the time if you have race info on for a split second only though. Just wanted to ask whether this is valid or not.

Back