GTP_WRS Week 21 : Sobering Vettel

• Thread starter EDK
  • 195 comments
Ok, this is what I've got so far:

Leaving around 1 tenth on track before the tunnel. Btw, sorry for the double post :D

I'm using 0/10 :lol:
I should post my splits, but first I'll do another session tonight :D

You scared me for a minute. I found a faster line through t3 that gives me almost a tenth.. just can't keep up with ol ghosty to take advantage of it.

Gone since week 1 and you come back for this one? Kev must have the magic touch. ;)

Same T2 I just noticed :lol:

Looking for over half a tenth in each sector, getting anywhere close to my final sector would require a miracle... Made up 0.08 on my previous best :scared:

You scared me for a minute. I found a faster line through t3 that gives me almost a tenth.. just can't keep up with ol ghosty to take advantage of it.
My time is nothing too serious, but managing to get a faster T2 is also pretty difficult, because you have to take all your momentum into the tunnel what is difficult with an FF car. I think with perfect sectors there is still nearly 2 tenths to be found, but we all know that it's hard to string such a lap together :D

A poor T1.. but a much improved T2 and .1xx faster over the line

Last edited:
Opps... made an error.. sorry for the double post... Correct times should read..

Gone since week 1 and you come back for this one? Kev must have the magic touch. ;)
Nah, just like the track. Been running alot online with GT500 cars and just needed to slow down for a quick refresher.:)

As is the norm for me, T3 is over a third of a second down on my best, every time I get a good T2, I choke and panic a the turn out of the tunnel. So a tumble down the leaderboard is on the cards. Only managed 51 complete laps this week, as a bit of overtime at work, and preparing for a nicely earned holiday took most of the time. There is also a little race in France this week that I have been following ;)

New splits. Gained close to .06 at the line. Will submit these but hope to have a try tomorrow or Monday for that final bonzai attack.

Submitted and accepted. Was worried that I had forgotten to change the settings.

Good luck all

I'm gonna post slower T2 and drop out of top 10 just to see my very first purple number:

My top 5 laps are separated by less than one hundredth. Do you think it's time to give up? I still see two full tenths to be gained in s2.

Edit: and of course my PB happens right after that with .298 and .065

Last edited:
Bleary-eyed, mesmerised by the GTE Pro battles at Le Mans, going to have a few laps of this with the DS3 for a bit of a break. Any tips for success? :)

Bleary-eyed, mesmerised by the GTE Pro battles at Le Mans, going to have a few laps of this with the DS3 for a bit of a break. Any tips for success? :)

EDK posted some advice on page 3 I think it was, beyond that it's just run high pressure brakes.

Edit: Sorry, it's here on page 2.

Last edited:

Great fun with the controller and perfect to get into quickly. Will give the wheel a go to see if I'm any better.

-----

20 laps with wheel

Will see if I can find another tenth, unlikely though. Decent T3, will submit this if I don't return 👍 :cheers:

I love combos like this! So accessible so quickly.

5/9 BB

Last edited:
Saw my best first two sectors.. only to throw it all away in sector 3.. Still was faster over the line with these times..

.182 at line, probably my submission lap if another combo pops up, otherwise Ill squeeze another go at some point.

Edit: If I can do this time, this time won't last. Look forward to being passed :lol:

4/10 BB
Gears for turns - 3 | 4/3(2)3/2 | 3/3/3 (dunno if that makes sense)

So, speed carrying is the most important thing ever, coasty-engine-braking through several turns seems to work wonders. The entry to that last double right (and thus, the drag) is very very important. I think I left a few hundredths in T3, as I got to the line at a shade of 113 but I've seen 113.5 or a little more a few times.

Last edited:

.182 at line, probably my submission lap if another combo pops up, otherwise Ill squeeze another go at some point.

Edit: If I can do this time, this time won't last. Look forward to being passed :lol:

4/10 BB
Gears for turns - 3 | 4/3(2)3/2 | 3/3/3 (dunno if that makes sense)

So, speed carrying is the most important thing ever, coasty-engine-braking through several turns seems to work wonders. The entry to that last double right (and thus, the drag) is very very important. I think I left a few hundredths in T3, as I got to the line at a shade of 113 but I've seen 113.5 or a little more a few times.

Please do explain. I would love to shave off t2 time :)

So basically, I trail brake from 4th gear, to 3rd with about 25-50% pressure during the entire right hander and I use engine braking in 3rd, as well as light trail braking, to turn the car with as much coasting as poss, just trying to carry speed without overdoing it. I think you have to nail the tight apex without hitting the inside kerb to get the exit right and carry as much speed into the tunnel as poss.

I just use 2nd (the bit in brackets) initially in the last right hander of T2, while decelerating, to slow down and then I go up to 3rd to avoid the rev limiter and any wheel spin, so the car is settled for the tight left.

It's a needle-threading exercise for sure and easy to get wrong, I've only managed this sort of T2 time maybe 2 or 3 times out of the 75 or so laps I've done today.

Back