GTP_WRS Week 24 : Three Legged Race(r)

• Thread starter Argon
  • 187 comments

Initial splits for the board. Late to the "drifting, wall banging and wall grazing" party but as expected experience no different to anyone else.......

Car and track new to me although having run outer in the WRS not entirely and only had two clean laps in 100+ miles run (including restarts). So far off optimum right now its embarrassing but at least two optimum sectors are probably dirty. Will need a lot more laps (and days) to identify true optimum I suspect !

So lots of time to find in all sectors, especially S3 & S4 as on both clean laps was very cautious in the second half having negotiated the perils of T1, the fast section and the two tunnels.

Initial splits for the board. Late to the "drifting, wall banging and wall grazing" party but as expected experience no different to anyone else.......

Car and track new to me although having run outer in the WRS not entirely and only had two clean laps in 100+ miles run (including restarts). So far off optimum right now its embarrassing but at least two optimum sectors are probably dirty. Will need a lot more laps (and days) to identify true optimum I suspect !

So lots of time to find in all sectors, especially S3 & S4 as on both clean laps was very cautious in the second half having negotiated the perils of T1, the fast section and the two tunnels.

I’ve found that treating it like a rally combo works best with lots of turning in early & trailbraking.
Though what do I know, I’m hardly setting the world on fire with my split times :lol::lol:

Glad someone else is getting my sort of time! I may get a chance to improve a little, i suspect there are a few hours needed to do it!

I thought I'd post this for anyone with the pedals throttle problem in the future with G29.. I sorted mine tonight after trying numerous ways..

First I tried changing the power wires from the clutch to the accelerator but stupidly without realizing that you cant map the pedals in GTS options menu and only the wheel buttons are configurable... what basically happened was the clutch became the accelerator on the left hand side and the spring was very tight

Anyway in the end what I done was exchanged the clutch pedal unit for the accelerator unit and swapped the springs around and wires to each pedal and voila!!! It works perfect with no flicker or stuttering at all.. the Potentiometer on the accelerator must have burnt out and the swap was ideal as I never used the clutch anyway ;) It didn't cost a penny to resolve and it feels as good as new and ready to go ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions and tips guys :cheers: and hopefully this solution might help someone in the future with a similar bs issue.. just don't forget to swap the spring before screwing it all back together like I did :lol:👍

Cheers! :cheers:

The inside of the last corner is getting really annoying especially because it voids the next lap as well
I have the following settings under Race Settings>Penalty Settings:

Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Detection: Strict
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off

This allows me to cross the Start / Finish line with an Invalidated Time (Red) and the timer starts anew with a valid, clean time (White) until I hit another wall...rinse/repeat. :)

HTH

:cheers:

I have the following settings under Race Settings>Penalty Settings:

Shortcut Penalty: None
Wall Collision Penalty: Invalidate Time
Wall Collision Detection: Strict
Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
Replace Cars When They Leave The Track: Off

This allows me to cross the Start / Finish line with an Invalidated Time (Red) and the timer starts anew with a valid, clean time (White) until I hit another wall...rinse/repeat. :)

HTH

:cheers:

Not at all impressed with S2 as been much faster but all other sectors had an improvement (particularly S4) as I get more used to the car and track. Will be focusing on S2 tomorrow as still not comfortable with the lines through there otherwise just need to run more and more laps......thanks to @Argon and @Nerazzurri for the rally/trail braking & turn-in/coasting tips which still working on executing !

Memo: Was a fairly short session today of 73 miles as watched the GTS World Tour Manufacturers pre-season race which was overall a rather good E sport event. Main championship kicks off June 1st and may well have new tyre model introduced into the game (was used in the event today which might explain the number of mistakes made by the drivers.....). Pit penalties were used too but not clear if will come to Sport mode as had human stewarding for the event.

Memo: Was a fairly short session today of 73 miles as watched the GTS World Tour Manufacturers pre-season race which was overall a rather good E sport event. Main championship kicks off June 1st and may well have new tyre model introduced into the game (was used in the event today which might explain the number of mistakes made by the drivers.....). Pit penalties were used too but not clear if will come to Sport mode as had human stewarding for the event.
Yeah I thought the event ran quite smoothly, driving standards were questionable at times during the main race but all in all great action, great commentary and good direction with some nice new camera angles.
Interesting that they were reasonably slower with the new tyre model maybe they made the harder tyres harder? The pit stop penalties were weird cos it seemed to me that the drivers had to consciously select not to put tyres or fuel in or that might have just been me.

P.S. if the mods want to move this to pit box feel free

Improved by exactly 1.2s

The inside of the last corner is getting really annoying especially because it voids the next lap as well
Turns out I didn't save the replay for that lap. *facepalm*
But went for another run anyway and beat it by about 4 tenths

TD now 35/65, car is oversteering everywhere but it's more fun that way lol and I'm somehow finding lap time out of it. As you can see by my S1 times there is more time in that lap.
I only just noticed on the replay that the rear flap moves on the straights and braking zones almost like a DRS which I thought was quite cool

Back