GTP_WRS Week 25 : Nissan Skyline R34 @ Daytona Road

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 177 comments
i assume you can be under 600pp?
when i purchased my skyline i got it in blue but for some reason it turned white?its happend with a few cars hmm strange
It says max 600pp,so i assume you can go under if you like but not over correct me if i am wrong somebody..

:)

First splits for me.

1'14.727

My kind of combo.:cool:

EDIT: The Race Specs this week state 600 PP, not optional.
Tires are R1/R1, not optional.
Power and Weight are among the optional settings this week.
Basically 600 PP with R1 tires.

Last edited:
First splits for me.

1'14.727

My kind of combo.:cool:

EDIT: The Race Specs this week state 600 PP, not optional.
Tires are R1/R1, not optional.
Power and Weight are among the optional settings this week.
Basically 600 PP with R1 tires.
Thanks 01GTP i thought i saw max. 600pp but i went and checked and that is not the case. 600pp not optional. These are some new splits:

T1: 31.048
T2: 57.264
T3: 1'14.209:)

Just ran 10 laps or so. Nice combo, but I won't have much time to follow this up. Probably one more session later in the week and that will be it.

1:14.899

Board updated. Very tight spread again this week, just like in 24 :cool:

Power:0
Weight:91
Aero:3
Height:-25/-25
Springs:5/5
Damp:4/4
Toe:0/0
Camb:0/0
Brakes:8/7
Angle:40
Tc:embarrassed:ff
Abs:2
Gears:all the way to the right
Final gear:3.734
Auto gears controller
Thanks for sharing your splits! I will try your brake balance, so far I used 5/5. Also thanks for some nice racing yesterday evening together with Marooned.
Still wanted to ask you to include your division and controller information in a signature, please? 👍

i assume you can be under 600pp?
when i purchased my skyline i got it in blue but for some reason it turned white?its happend with a few cars hmm strange
Variables this week are power, weight and downforce. Changing your DF from 3 to 4 has no impact on your PP so I'd leave it at 4, especially with the huge grip and stability this car already has. You could set the weight to 100 and adjust power accordingly, or set weight to minimum and fiddle with the weight until you reach exactly 600.

If you have 599 with weight and power then set the rear aero to 4 and you'll then have 600. If this answers your question, 👍 if not, I'll let Sjaak or another moderator answer.
My blue Skyline is still blue.
Though I could swear that some of my cars have disappeared from the garage.

Anybody know if there a limit to how many cars are allowed to stay in the garage?
About the car colour changing/disappearing ... no clue. Could be a bug. If PD is preparing anything for a new release you'd expect to see something being installed which I haven't. About the amount of cars, I believe I read somewhere that at 150 the program will say that your garage is full. In Gt4 it used to be 1000 :lol:

Last edited:
First run:

T1: 31.355 31.252
T2: 57.685 57.560
T3: 1'14.592 1'14.471

EDIT: Slight improvements

EDIT 2: BTW it seems DEVIE is on the board as D2, should be D1 👍

All the best
Maz

Last edited:
OK, my official tune for this event is in TLD now. Please note that all settings in Gold are for WRS 25, otherwise use the settings listed in black. Please note the "Tuner's Notes" at the bottom of the page.;) If you find a faster way for Performance Points allocation let me know!;)

My first splits are on the way after the first short session. I'm not very quick.:(

Edit:
T1- 31.284
T2- 57.786
T3- 1'14.826

I botched a number of corners so definitely more speed on the way from me.👍

Last edited:
OK, my official tune for this event is in TLD now. Please note that all settings in Gold are for WRS 25, otherwise use the settings listed in black. Please note the "Tuner's Notes" at the bottom of the page.;) If you find a faster way for Performance Points allocation let me know!;)
From the bottom of the page
Do not use the WRS 25 tune in online racing. Well, do, but lengthen the gear ratios back to 3.977
Why is that? :confused:

I'm going to try your settings tonight. :)

Why is that? :confused:

I'm going to try your settings tonight. :)

Because the 4.400 final ratio is for time trials and doesn't allow for slipstreaming which there is lots of on Daytona Road.;)

OK, my official tune for this event is in TLD now.

I can't locate your tune Paulie. :dunce:
How about leaving a direct link to a single post for (at least) this dunce.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry man, I found it in post #1.

Thanks for the tune Paulie. I already use your previous setup that was not specifically designed for this combo. Worked fine by me, so I'll do the minor adjustments you made and see what happens. 2 questions:
- gearing: are you sure the box doesn't need any adjustments?
- brake balance. 5/8 is really bad for me as it breaks away its back before the first lefthander. I now use 8/7 as advised by Oddball and that works much better - for me anyway.

Board updated with your splits.

Last edited:
My first splits for this combo:

T1: 31.625
T2: 58.495
T3: 1'15.705

Quick newbie question before I go:

OK, my official tune for this event is in TLD now.

What's this TLD, and where can I find it?

Thanks for the tune Paulie. I already use your previous setup that was not specifically designed for this combo. Worked fine by me, so I'll do the minor adjustments you made and see what happens. 2 questions:
- gearing: are you sure the box doesn't need any adjustments?
- brake balance. 5/8 is really bad for me as it breaks away its back before the first lefthander. I now use 8/7 as advised by Oddball and that works much better - for me anyway.

Board updated with your splits.

The gearing should only need a Final drive adjustment, sorry I had limited test time tonight. I also want to test a shorter 3rd gear. Brake balance is up to you.

My first splits for this combo:

T1: 31.625
T2: 58.495
T3: 1'15.705

Quick newbie question before I go:

What's this TLD, and where can I find it?

TLD is The Lion's Den, my tuning garage. There is a link in my signature which will take you to the first post. Find the R34 GT-R from there.👍

EDK
I'm assuming to account for the slipstream.
Yep, that's what Paulie said a few posts back. But since I won't be slipstreaming (no use while leading the pack), I'll just stick to the TT settings while online. :sly:

I've tried paulie's setup and it seems too help quite a bit for me. Improvement off 0.8xx at the line!

T1: 31.355
T2: 58.049
T3: 1.15.273

New splits using TLD's tuning. Not much gain in the splits, but almost a second at the finish line. :)

T1: 31.347
T2: 57.771
T3: 1'14.877

Really struggling in T1, everywhere else is fine. It's the first corner and finding the right braking point, I either seem to be too early or too late and go under steering into the wall.

best lap so far has .. 31.044 / 57.318 / 1'14.252

Loving this one as it's so fluent and you can easily do a dozen laps back to back without even noticing :cheers:

edit: Had a much better end section and gained .2 at the line with these splits ..

31.063 / 57.289 / 1'14.238

I will defo run some more tomorrow when I get my new wheel delivered 👍

Last edited:
Back