T1: 31.465
T2: 57.995
T3: 1'15.205

Last edited:
2nd session:

T1: 30.860
T2: 57.043
T3: 1'13.949

Now using different suspension setup and a modified version of TLD gears.

Must be a very good setup with those splits :sly:

Anyway, some improvement for me:

T1: 0'31.043
T2: 0'57.301
T3: 1'14.205

Very slow in the 1st and 2nd sector though for some reason :nervous:

Must be a very good setup with those splits :sly:

Anyway, some improvement for me:

T1: 0'31.043
T2: 0'57.301
T3: 1'14.205

Very slow in the 1st and 2nd sector though for some reason :nervous:

Don't be fooled by split times up to T3, some tuning can be very good during the infield, but some people migh tbe using tunes that give a larger advantage to the line. If you're gaining nicely from t2 to T3, i think with a good bus stop the advantage is yours.

All the best
Maz

Don't be fooled by split times up to T3, some tuning can be very good during the infield, but some people migh tbe using tunes that give a larger advantage to the line. If you're gaining nicely from t2 to T3, i think with a good bus stop the advantage is yours.

All the best
Maz

Yeah, I know, maz, but I'm pretty sure I'm losing not time because of the suspension setup as he is using mine :sly:

Yeah, I know, maz, but I'm pretty sure I'm losing not time because of the suspension setup as he is using mine :sly:

Well I know you're just as fast as he is, and I know you're awesome around DR so it must be gearing.

All the best
Maz

No problems Carl :) what splits can I post on Luxy for you now?

Unfortunately, none at the moment. The split times on my fastest lap would be about a tenth or two lower than my previous splits in each sector :(

Will have to go back tonight and see if I can get the handle on this car and start putting up some better split times.

Well I know you're just as fast as he is, and I know you're awesome around DR so it must be gearing.

All the best
Maz

I'm using Racer_LP suspension and TLD gears with FD at 4.450.

In my lap I exited the bus stop at just under 190km/h. Definetely more time to come off for me. Lost around 0.1 through sector 2. I love DR but hate this car.:D

slower splits for me using wider gears but a faster save at the line .. 31.059 / 57.430 / 1'14.402
I lost a good .2 at the chicane after t1 :ouch:

@Mad .. that 1'13.9 T3 is smokin bud:tup: my best so far has been a 1'14.1 with different gears :(

Got some minor improvement after a 90 minutes session: :ouch:

T1: 31.273
T2: 57.653
T3: 1'14.677

Hmm, is it OK to talk about speeds?

What type of speed do you have when passing the start/finishline?

So it would not be against that rule to talk about exit speed out of bus stop for instance, or apex speeds?

Edit: Nevermind though, it's not a biggie :)

I think apex speeds during the infield should be fine Thomas because the final acceptable split we mention is after the infield.

New splits 10 laps in finally after dying to get back to this for a couple of days:

T1: 31.140
T2: 57.454
T3: 1'14.351

All the best
Maz

HELP!!!! I'm using the TLD tune and I just can't get close to braking the 1'15.000 at T3. It doesn't matter what I try or do I just don't seem to get any pace at all. at this rate I'll be asking to be moved to Div 3! I feel like I'm either taking the long way round the track or I have a tractor tied to the back of this car! For what they are worth here's my splits. :grumpy:

T1: 31.636
T2: 58.161
T3: 1'15.299

HELP!!!! I'm using the TLD tune and I just can't get close to braking the 1'15.000 at T3. It doesn't matter what I try or do I just don't seem to get any pace at all. at this rate I'll be asking to be moved to Div 3! I feel like I'm either taking the long way round the track or I have a tractor tied to the back of this car! For what they are worth here's my splits. :grumpy:

T1: 31.636
T2: 58.161
T3: 1'15.299

Looking at them mate I think your biggest downfall is turns one and two, giving you a slow T1 that carries all the way through your lap.

When braking for turn 1, stay right and juuuust before the red/white barrier starts on your right hand side, gently angle your car towards a very late apex and start your braking. You should be looking to go no slower than 65mph-ish at your apex. You might find as you get better at that corner you can brake later and use various techniques like trailbraking to help your turn in.

See if that helps you?

All the best
Maz

Thanks i'll give it a go later. I've been trying to take that corner in 3rd and concetrate on placing the car in the right place to get the apex out. The 2nd coner i've been leaving the braking late, braking in a straight line then powering out in 2nd with the speed pusing me out to the rumble strip where the road joins on the left.

I didn't get on too well the last time we where here.

Looking at them mate I think your biggest downfall is turns one and two, giving you a slow T1 that carries all the way through your lap.

When braking for turn 1, stay right and juuuust before the red/white barrier starts on your right hand side, gently angle your car towards a very late apex and start your braking. You should be looking to go no slower than 65mph-ish at your apex. You might find as you get better at that corner you can brake later and use various techniques like trailbraking to help your turn in.

See if that helps you?

All the best
Maz

And I more or less do the exact opposite in turn one. Starting braking to the left of the track and going for an early apex with a speed of around 62-63 mph which just goes to show that there are more than one way to skin a cat since our T1 times are fairly similar.

Edit: BTW. It really bugs me that you are now quicker than I am at T3, especially since I was nowhere near my best times from yesterday in the session I did tonight. :dopey:

And I more or less do the exact opposite in turn one. Starting braking to the left of the track and going for an early apex with a speed of around 62-63 mph which just goes to show that there are more than one way to skin a cat since our T1 times are fairly similar.

Edit: BTW. It really bugs me that you are now quicker than I am at T3, especially since I was nowhere near my best times from yesterday in the session I did tonight. :dopey:

Well if it makes you feel any better I did 5 runs of 10 laps tonight (50 total) trying a different tune every time. I did my best lap in the first 5 laps and spent the rest of the night going slower.

All the best
Maz

well after a long session i've improved but i've still not broken the 1'15 mark. thanks maz for the line in turn 1.

T1 31.451
T2 57.921
T3 1'15.033
so close yet so far

After another 2 hour session:

T1: 31.245
T2: 57.603
T3:1'14.603

Sloowwwly...gaining a little speed.

Last edited:
Currently updating board....

Edit:

Board Updated till post 126

Also updated my new splits, not that much improvement but overall not bad for a 12 laps session

Last edited:
After another hour session, things are starting to come together now, finally

T1: 31.182
T2: 57.395
T3: 1'14.512

I think I need to adjust my gearing however, because I'm losing at least .1 to .125 from T2 to T3 :irked:

I better get to bed now...8 A.M. is gonna be rough :lol:

What a hectic week, I can't wait to get back on track to try and improve, I am being hammered at the moment with my initial attempt.:ouch:

Improved, though forgot to save a lap 0.3 faster than this due to pizza delivery!

T1 31.052
T2 57.323
T3 1'14.223

EDIT...

Managed to repeat the lost lap thank God!

T1 30.869
T2 56.989
T3 1'13.901

That's my quickest T2, though I've been a bit quicker to T1 & T3. Bus stop is so hard to pull off when you're on a quick one.

Last edited:
I have made some hefty changes to my tune, with both rear toe and gear ratios receiving some loving.
Direct link to tune

And some new splits for me, I seem to be struggling a little this week. I have botched turn 1 again as is evidenced by no improvement to sector 1. There could be another 0.2sec in this lap but it will be hard to get for me. On the other hand, bus stop seems to have been a ripper.:sly:

T1- 31.248
T2- 57.585
T3- 1'14.589

Nice one Stotty, first to post sub 57 in T2.

I feel there is more to come as an overall time for me ,as I was very cautious on the way in to the bus stop,(hard not to on your best lap) got a decent run out, but maybe gave away .1-.15

Knocked loads of my overall time, about .6 from T3 to the line. Still can't quite get T2 right, despite getting T1 okay, reckon I could squeeze a 31.1 out of it. That will have to wait, my power foot has got cramp! Lost some time in the middle of the 2nd sector, which affected the lap.

1'15.209

Have had splits of: 57.8 & 1'15.0, but had poor first sector and stuffed up bus stop. I'm looking for a 1'14.8 before I submit.

Back